• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Momentum Thingamabob

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Just to rule out, what did you have the opponent set to? If it's the standard Training setting, weird CPU DI may have accounted for some of the difference at different percentages or in general. If these were set to Control then okay, no worries; if not, refilm set to Control so there's no accidental interference.

But yes, it's kinda weird and worth looking into. It may be a case of a weird hitbox or previously unknown extra/changing hitboxes? I would like to see what this ends up being.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I've done this many times. With marth if an opponent is on the ground and you somehow time it so that his ftilt hits as soon as the cpu begins to stand up he will be launched straight up (until he reaches marth's head) and then he will go in an upward diagnol.

So it was probably cpu SDI'ing. If you saw in the jab example DDD seems to stand up right b4 the jab connects in the odd one. Can't explain the uair one. But I wouldn't worry about it too much as it seems to happen only when the opponent is in a tumble or lying animation and besides how would you use this to an advantage. If you find anything new plz post b/c I'm all ears

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sometimes when the cpu in training is bouncing, and you upair, it knocks them considerably higher than it usually does.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
i kno the exact cuase
i did this on my brother to be honest, the dmg comes out the same but one thing i notice, depending on where wario hits thats where he gets knocked,
in the video i saw normal he hit the corner of ddd but on odd mode i saw him let him bounce, then hit him in the middle
solved imo thats the up air btw, not the other ones O_o lol

Popertop

Smash Champion
no, he hit him square in the middle of D3 and it was normal, and one of the odd ones he hit him on his corner. It's not the placement it has to do with some other type of physics thing.

Top Bottom