• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weight Changes Data Thread

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone! I know that a lot of people have been looking for weight values, so I wanted to make a thread so it's easy to find.

Shoutout to KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , for collecting all the data. Thanks man!

http://kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/Weight

Edit: Added in every character w/ a weight change, regardless of how much.

All echo fighters share the same weight as the original.

-:ultbowser: weighs 135, up 5 more from Smash 4
-:ultkrool: weighs 133, only 2 behind :ultbowser:
-:ultdk: weighs 127, up 5 from Smash 4
-:ultkingdedede: weighs 127 also, up 8 from Smash 4
-:ultganondorf: weighs 118 up 5 from Smash 4
-:ultincineroar: weighs 116 same as Charizard, heavier than I thought he would be
-:ultsimon::ultrichter: weigh 107, around where I though they would
-:ultridley: also weighs 107, that's... not too good for him, since he's the largest character in the game
-:ultsnake: weighs 106, down 7 from Brawl
-:ultmiifighters:(Gunner) weighs 104, up 4 from Smash 4
-:ultshulk: weighs 97, down 5 from Smash 4
-:ultpokemontrainer:(Ivysaur) weighs 96, down 4 from Brawl
-:ultpiranha: weighs 94, a bit higher than I thought
-:ultinkling: weighs 94. Same as :ultness::ultlucas:, so it makes sense
-:ultmiifighters:(Brawler) weighs 94, down 6 from Smash 4
-:ultwolf: weighs 92 , down a whopping 10 from Brawl. Still much heavier than :ultfox::ultfalco:
-:ultvillager: weighs 92, down 5 from Smash 4
-:ultlucario: weighs 92, down 7 from Smash 4
-:ulttoonlink: weighs 91, down 2 from Smash 4
-:ultdiddy:weighs 90, down 3 from Smash 4
-:ultisabelle: weighs 88, makes sense
-:ultgreninja: weighs 88, down 6 from Smash 4
-:ultyounglink: weighs 88, up 3 from Melee
-:ultlittlemac: weighs 87, up 5 from Smash 4
-:ultsonic: weighs 86, down 8 from Smash 4
-:ultduckhunt: weighs 86, down 5 from Smash 4
-:ultrosalina: weighs 85, up 8 from Smash 4
-:ultbayonetta: weighs 81, down 3 from Smash 4
-:ultsheik: weighs 78, down 3 from Smash 4
-:ultmewtwo: weighs 77, up 3 from Smash 4
-:ultfox: weighs 77, down 2 from Smash 4
-:ultpichu: weighs 62, up 7 from Melee, is still the lightest losing to :ultjigglypuff: by 6 units

Last edited:

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Seems the general rule is stronger characters from last game got their weight nerfed by a wide margin (other than Rosa and Mewtwo) and super heavyweights actually got heavier AGAIN.

We'll see how it plays out I guess. Poor Pichu though. :c

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ridley: Largest character in the game. A giant space dragon.
Weighs less than a woman in a power suit.
And a kid in a helicopter.

Nintendo logic.
If all characters were true to their weight, Ridley would probably be up their with Bowser, if not past him. I think the mass given to Samus in the Metroid II: Return of Samus manual was with regard to Samus' own armor, not herself underneath. After all, the other notes in the manual are referring to the armor, so why not her suit's mass? This means if Samus' armor is 90 kg., and if her own mass is akin to that of a female standing 1.6 m., then Samus' mass plus her armor totals to 138 kg.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Ridley's weight is going to be a huge mistake. He is the largest character in the game, and even if he is powerful, he is gonna be light for such a massive hit box. The only justification I can give this is if he is much faster than characters like K Rool and Bowser (which I am not sure about, as I haven't really watched Ridley gameplay much)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ridley's weight is going to be a huge mistake. He is the largest character in the game, and even if he is powerful, he is gonna be light for such a massive hit box. The only justification I can give this is if he is much faster than characters like K Rool and Bowser (which I am not sure about, as I haven't really watched Ridley gameplay much)
It seems weight and speed for balancing don't matter, since Bowser and DK are fast and heavy. I think Ridley's up special just needs to be improved. Also, enjoy.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
He does indeed outspeed them by quite a bit on the ground (K Rool is 1.485, Bowser is 1.971, Ridley is 2.2).

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
He does indeed outspeed them by quite a bit on the ground (K Rool is 1.485, Bowser is 1.971, Ridley is 2.2).
Ah well that is excellent news! Okay...so strength and speed at the expense of being light and having a huge hitbox. Fair enough.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Pichu just being categorized into "pichu" on that list slays me.

I feel as though the middleweight range should be moved up just for organization's sake, though - seems odd that Mario, THE middleweight character, is actually on the top end of that spectrum.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone. I updated the thread to include every character change, regardless of how big/small it is.

If a character isn't listed, they have the same weight as their previous iteration.

Top Bottom