• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Match-up Discussion~ #2: Wario

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What was the verdict? 55:45 Wario favor? Doesn't sound gay enough.

Also for a CP, you guys should consider Yoshi's Island or Battlefield. Yoshi's Island camping Luigi there is funky for Wario (doable, but funky), and Battlefield camping Luigi is also a bit harder than normal.

I advise against large stages like FD, and I advise against Brinstar too.
Looks like we were spot on regarding stages :p
It's good to hear.

ANd yeah we have it at 55:45 Wario's Favor. It seems about right.
Right? O__o

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You ARE talking to the Wario camping god. If I say camping Luigi makes the matchup 60:40, I of all people might actually have merit backing that claim.

I can name quite a few stages where it's 60:40 or worse for Luigi. There are some that are ALMOST, almost as bad as Snake vs Wario on Brinstar.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Chic I was, but Light posted somewhere that he's probably not going to anymore tournaments for the short term. IDK if he meant he was gonna go to the Dallas/No Koast tournaments and then stop, or if he meant immediately.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
From Wario's perspective? It's amazing. From the other guy's perspective? He's probably contemplating quitting, camping back, rage attacking, or sucking it up and trying to win. None of those options will let him win in the end though, which IMO is the most frustrating part.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
From Wario's perspective? It's amazing. From the other guy's perspective? He's probably contemplating quitting, camping back, rage attacking, or sucking it up and trying to win. None of those options will let him win in the end though, which IMO is the most frustrating part.
Both of those options work extremely well if you just play MK.

Haha, or in your case peach as well DMG :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The difference between Peach and MK is that you have to try.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
As to the 2nd page discussion:

G&W doesn't **** anyone.

I think his best matchup in the game is 55-45, maybe 60-40 at worst. And that is ROB. People just don't know how to fight him. He's bad.

I'm housing with LuigiKing over this weekend for a tournament, so Imma gonna make him **** G&W.

To DMG:

Not if you're fighting a Wario. :3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Waft, Imma have to disagree and say that I think Wario has a stronger matchup than even.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
As to the 2nd page discussion:

G&W doesn't **** anyone.

I think his best matchup in the game is 55-45, maybe 60-40 at worst. And that is ROB. People just don't know how to fight him. He's bad.

I'm housing with LuigiKing over this weekend for a tournament, so Imma gonna make him **** G&W.

To DMG:

Not if you're fighting a Wario. :3
Praxis, while your logic for why MK should be banned is pretty good, your logic here is infinitely worse.

I'd say that most competitive players actually know how to fight G&W. And rather, that most G&W players suck.

And any G&W that knows low tiers should destroy them about 70/30. Virtually none of them have a realistic way to grab him or punish him with a kill move, and he edgeguards almost all of them very easily. Except almost no G&W user actually knows how most low tiers work since the matchups they focus on are all against the S tier.

My experience with Luigi is that he isn't much unlike other low tiers against G&W. No real way to grab G&W or punish him with a kill move if he doesn't suck and knows Luigi's tricks.

If you're going to argue that Luigi can do something silly like Jab out of shield...keep in mind I could just DI to eliminate any of his followups. And nothing else Luigi has is a viable attack against G&W when he's just waiting.

I like Luigi a lot and I'm really trying to establish myself as a serious user of him, but my experience against other G&Ws in my area is that this is really a terrible matchup.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fair enough. I think in a more liberal region it could be 60/40, but it's only a 5 point difference.

Top Bottom