• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Donkey Kong

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
if you are under someone on who is on a platform you can uair, usmash, or utilt them
you cant U tilt/ U air/ U smash them when they're just above you in general? lol you guys are acting as if DK is like MASTER of controlling platforms... he doesn't have the priority or quickness to do this... especially if your talking about Battlefield... which i assume you are since these are the ones his U tilt penetrates... if someone's on the top platform and you chase they just jump away and FF through a lower platform and there you have it... they're re set lol U air is best used when there ARENT any platforms so you can do one causing an air dodge then FF one and punish... if they have a platform they just air dodge the first and shield the second... if DK's arm was a sword then i'd agree with you... basically if we were talking about marth lol

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Final Destination itself is a platform, but DK isn't the master at that, which reminds me, I mentioned that DK does better on flat stages. Ignore that.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
is not every stage a platform then as you call it?... you have some of the most useless posts ever man...

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I mean a flat platform, all there is is a flat platform, like FD or Smashville without the floating platform.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I honestly hope your kidding if DK is under you thats when you have the most to fear, because of his up air and up smash. Just empty jump and as they dodge, fast fall up smash and if they are low enough and take the bait super good killer. BF and Smashville are his bets neutral stages though.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
One thing that disappoints me is that many people just think of DK as someone who spams the Sakurai combo. People need to realize that DK is amazing, and could easily pwn MK in every way. It hasn't happened, but one day the only character winning tourneys is DK.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I do it all the time, though it's hard no doubt about it it's easily in my thoughts a 5:5 and thats not fun for either side.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
I honestly hope your kidding if DK is under you thats when you have the most to fear, because of his up air and up smash. Just empty jump and as they dodge, fast fall up smash and if they are low enough and take the bait super good killer. BF and Smashville are his bets neutral stages though.
U air > u smash. U tilt > u smash. generally you only get u smashes if they're dumb enough to try and D air entry you

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This has been here long enough.

Top Bottom