• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: TheIrepan8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1594255546032.png

TheIrepan8

This AMA's subject hails from the Emerald Isle and is an AMA first-timer in a sea of repeats, let's hear it for TheIrepan8!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until TheIrepan8 has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , let's get movin'!

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was the most hype Smash reveal for you?
  2. What got you to join Smashboards in the first place?
  3. Have you gotten around to trying out Min Min in Ultimate yet, and if so, what are your overall thoughts on her?

D

Deleted member

> Which was the first anime you've ever seen and how do you find It nowadays?

> Do you have any collection of figures and if so which are the highlights?

> Favourite comic book character?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
1. What's your favorite soda to drink?

2. What was the best moment of your life?

3. What's your all-time favorite RPG?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. If you could name your top 5 anime series right now, what would they be?
2. Why should I watch Re:Zero?
3. How are you doing right now? Just wanna check up on you and make sure that you're doing as best as possible. :)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
*Applause from the audience* Thank You, Thank You.

"So let me ask you something: how's everybody doing tonight, huh? *audience cheers* Good, well, **** you! Just trying to make you feel at home." - George Carlin quote to start us off. You guys know that Irish people and swearing is so poetic together. It'll be practice to make clear and direct answers and I glad to be doing this. I'll be here all night!

First round of questions.

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was the most hype Smash reveal for you?
  2. What got you to join Smashboards in the first place?
  3. Have you gotten around to trying out Min Min in Ultimate yet, and if so, what are your overall thoughts on her?
Ah so Smashing Ramen goes first. As expected of the head chef.

1. Probably Cloud. I love FF and a few weeks before I learned of the connection between Xeno and Final Fantasy. So I went insane of the reaction.
2. Long story short, an acquaintance who works near me gave me the idea of joining the forums. I've been lurking here since 2014 on and off. With The Game Awards last year and speculation of a few characters, I decided to at long last. That same acquaintance I talked to today.
3. Yes I have. And is pretty fun. She's not as fun as Terry or Byleth but I like her.

> Which was the first anime you've ever seen and how do you find It nowadays?
> Do you have any collection of figures and if so which are the highlights?
> Favourite comic book character?
My fellow islander and timezoner and good online friend answers next.

1. Not counting English Dubs I watched as a kid, it's Tales of Zestiria the X. I enjoyed the game but felt unsatisfied with the story so I watched the adaption which was better. Haven't seen it since but I still listen to it's OPs and EDs every once in a while.
2. All there is are my Shulk, Robin and Lucina amiibo. Had more but sold them off to get a Nintendo Switch.
3. Not into comic books. I would go V from V for Vendetta though. Going to the two big ones, I don't know. Maybe Batman or Deadpool.

1. What's your favorite soda to drink?
2. What was the best moment of your life?
3. What's your all-time favorite RPG?
Mr. Rangez. Best South Carolinan of Smashboards 2020 contender.

1. Don't know. Vanilla Coke probably. I drink alot of stuff.
2. 2014 and how much I grew up during that year. A lot of things happened. Moment though? Maybe every time I sat with my friends a few years back for lunch.
3. Tied between Trails of Cold Steel, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and The World Ends With You. Western though, The Outer Worlds maybe.

1. Who is your most wanted character for Fighter Pass 2?
2. What are some underrated movies you'd recommend?
3. Why is Ireland?
Ah we have a good guy here? I'll give him respect for being a Doom fan.

1. Rex and Pyra, Travis Touchdown, Saber, Akira Howard and about 10 more.
2. Boyhood. It's one of the best coming of age films I've seen. And Cool Runnings. It's the best live action film Disney has ever made until they went CGI fest.
3. So Irish? So green? So sweary? I don't know.
Well the last one I can answer but I'll leave it to Father Jack instead.

1. If you could name your top 5 anime series right now, what would they be?
2. Why should I watch Re:Zero?
3. How are you doing right now? Just wanna check up on you and make sure that you're doing as best as possible. :)
Hatster is next. Another good friend.

1. These are my five 10/10 anime. (Category 1) My rating system for anime.
Kino’s Journey (2003 and 2017)
A Place Further Than The Universe
Re;Zero - Starting Life in Another World
Laid-Back Camp
Violet Evergarden

Those five anime are the ones that have truly impressed me, If I had to force one to make everyone watch it's A Place Further Than The Universe.

2. It's an isekai with a brilliant lore, knows when to get really serious, and risks mentally destroying you. Great characters, plot and animation. There's something about that does compared to other isekai I've watched (All I've watched are placed in Category 4 rating except That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime which in 3) that I love.

3. I'm pretty good right now. A little blindsided with getting my trip mixed up but I'm focusing on now. Still annoyed at the Coronavirus denier brat but my acquaintance might bar him from the shop for saying it.

I'll be up a few more hours. So I can focus on doing this and do some story research.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Howdy

1.What is your opinion on this image?
s h a k e s.jpg
2.If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
3.How's it goin'? Lmao

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
1. Favorite breed of pupper?
2. Since I know you’ve been working on writing lately, what has been your favorite part to work on so far?
3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.

Dutch Raikuna

Howdy

1.What is your opinion on this image? 2.If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
3.How's it goin'? Lmao
Mr Maker and another good friend.

1. He's adorable but my old dog comes first.
2. Since I'm in my running around the house clothes I'd say nowhere. I'd rather teleport my two siblings somewhere for a while. Probably to Florida to be with the extended family so I can get some quiet.
3. Not too bad. Would sleep at this time but I've been looking forward to doing this so I'm gonna continue for a few hours.

1. Favorite breed of pupper?
2. Since I know you’ve been working on writing lately, what has been your favorite part to work on so far?
3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.
My good friend and fellow writer, Wade is asking.

1. The Shetland or the Akita breeds. I'd also go Pomeranian as I knew a very well trained dog.

2. First of all the fact that me and you have been talking nightly about our ideas has kicked off a massive resurgence in writing and I thank you for being part of how I got that push.

Without a doubt it's been working on the chemistry between Laiku and Sakura (my two leads) that has been my favourite part. A student/teacher meets brother/sister friendship. The two different personalities they have but the similar lives they had as well up until meeting. And the constant teasing and tactile acting of the latter towards the former. Can't wait to see where I go with it.

3. Writing in a park and seeing my Squirtle, Chikorita and Torchic playing about while I write. Do the mundane things but with that kind of nice change.

Dragon, Ram Ram, or Megawatt?
Ram Ram. I like frisbees.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What happened to the first 7 Irepans?

osby

Smash Obsessed
1. Which franchise you have the most nostalgia for?
2. Casual Smash or competitive Smash?
3. Who is your favorite Fate character and why it's Saber?

Shroob

Sup?
Howdy ho, neighbor.

1# I noticed your icon. Fan of the Fate series at large, or just Emiya Gohan?

2# Do you have any superstitions at all? Anything you do for good luck?

3# Any supernatural beliefs? Ghosts, etc.

Dutch Raikuna

What happened to the first 7 Irepans?
About TheIrepan thing. Had I known I would have made 2,000 posts by now I wouldn't have called myself by that. My only regret about joining was using that name when I joined.

I don't know about the others probably got lost somewhere.

1. Which franchise you have the most nostalgia for?
2. Casual Smash or competitive Smash?
3. Who is your favorite Fate character and why it's Saber?
Ah the man of two continents answers and a cool guy.

1. There's a lot but I'm going to throw this and say my love for Robot Combat video games along with Tony Hawk's Games. After all the former is where I was before here.

2. Casual but no items. A little competitive but I would allow stage hazards and Smash Balls.

3. I like a lot of character designs from the series. Mash is a cool example and Saber. I've been meaning to get into the series though.

Howdy ho, neighbor.

1# I noticed your icon. Fan of the Fate series at large, or just Emiya Gohan?

2# Do you have any superstitions at all? Anything you do for good luck?

3# Any supernatural beliefs? Ghosts, etc.
The guy from the Pacific Coast and one of the most sound people here. Although keep missing ya from the timezones.

1. Been meaning to get into Fate. I've been watching Today's Menu for the Emiya Family while eating the past few days. So yes latter but hoping to get into the former.

2. Not really, despite being where I'm from. Had a lot of them when I was younger.

3. Nope. Years of reading Rational Wiki and Wikipedia. I do believe stuff like that can exist in alternate universes and stuff but not here. Yes gentlemen, we got the boring short and **** stick.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think most of the good ones are taken bar my mandatory question, so;

1. You ever play Quest 64?

D

Deleted member

1- favourite western cartoon?
2-your personal favourite Strategy Game?
3-which was the last dessert you tried and how did you find It?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  1. Do you enjoy Min Min?
  2. Dogs or cats?
  3. What are you playing right now?
  4. If you had a choice between fighting 100 duck sized horses or 10 horse sized ducks, which do you fight?

Dutch Raikuna

Another round!

1. Do you like Light Novels?
2. Do you know any Japaneses?
3. Have you been to Buckingham Palace?
Don't know you enough yet so can't think of anything witty.

1. Yes and I have a few. First few volumes of Re:Zero, the novelisation of Your Name and a few others.
2. I know some and slowly growing. I can't read Japanese but I probably know that help me get on a visit to the country.
3. Outside yes. London as a city though is meh compared to the likes of Liverpool.

Favorite Element?
Favorite Animal?
Fave Pokemon? :)
Teeb? Sounds like a name for a German gas station brand. Poor joke but I tried.

1. I'm a man of simple tastes. Iron.
2. A good few but I would say chicken or fox.
3. Raichu and Squirtle. Those two definitely.

I think most of the good ones are taken bar my mandatory question, so;

1. You ever play Quest 64?
The woman on a mission. The mission.............to spread the love of his favourite game.

Nope but I've known it since I was in my early teens.

1- favourite western cartoon?
2-your personal favourite Strategy Game?
3-which was the last dessert you tried and how did you find It?
The Canarian in the Coal Mine of Smashboards strikes again.

1. Probably Futurama or The Last Airbender. Been a few years since I've seen both.

2. Civilization VI for the Switch. Play it on the True Start Europe Map with domination victory only and it goes perfectly.

3. I snack more these days but I would say it was getting a few ice cream Mars Bars and adding it with vanilla. Did the job.

1. Do you enjoy Min Min?
  2. Dogs or cats?
  3. What are you playing right now?
  4. If you had a choice between fighting 100 duck sized horses or 10 horse sized ducks, which do you fight?
My fellow forum member who has a love for the Tales series.

1. Yes I did. Not as fun as Byleth or Terry. Her stage though has such a great aesthetic and I love looking at it.
2. Dogs but I don't mind cats.
3. As of last night I was playing Hitman 2 and a little of Mirror's Edge. Today I'll see after my phonecalls.
4. The latter. Live and Learn!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. Any particular wants for the next Xenoblade game?
  2. Do you cook? If so, what dish would you consider your specialty?
  3. What's your preferred genre of music and what are some notable examples of said genre?

Dutch Raikuna

Final orders in a few hours gentlemen! After that we are closed!

1. Any particular wants for the next Xenoblade game?
  2. Do you cook? If so, what dish would you consider your specialty?
  3. What's your preferred genre of music and what are some notable examples of said genre?
Another one of my forums friends answers. The Artist Formerly Known As - Zero Requiem - "Don't forget the dashes!"

1. I'm going to have to think about this.
I'm gonna go by my original idea for a sequel and hope that for my Xenoblade hopes.
  • It takes place at least a generation after the end of 1 and where descendants of Shulk and co, start the voyages of discovery era and the old Colony 9 is the starting point.
  • They start exploring and it actually goes well but slowly they do get into pretty bad stuff.
  • It would be more of a coming of age story with no "final boss being a God/Mech/monstrosity like most RPGs"
Personally I hope Monolith Soft does something unexpected with their next Xenoblade that becomes industry standard for the genre. Wouldn't mind a less is more approach though.

2. Just the basics. I hope to really learn in the future when the time is right.
3. Mostly listen to anime music or video game OSTs. There's a few proper songs I listen to every once in a while but nothing really to write home.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. first video game you ever played?
2. if john gives mary 10 apples, takes 3 apples from steve and mary gives 4 of her apples back to john, what is the total mass of the sun?

Dutch Raikuna

1. first video game you ever played?
2. if john gives mary 10 apples, takes 3 apples from steve and mary gives 4 of her apples back to john, what is the total mass of the sun?
The man from down south, then across the sea, then down south a bit more.

1. I don't know. Probably Lego Racers.

2. The sun is a ball of fire.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1. I'm a man of simple tastes. Iron.
2. A good few but I would say chicken or fox.
3. Raichu and Squirtle. Those two definitely.
Lol, I had more in mind magical elements like in games, but iron is still intersting.
First person i hear say chicken :D Amd looks like you like classic pokes :)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
1. Pancakes or Waffles?
2. Any movies you have a interest in watching?
3. Who do you main in Smash and why?

Dutch Raikuna

1. Pancakes or Waffles?
2. Any movies you have a interest in watching?
3. Who do you main in Smash and why?
1, Pancakes. Pancakes and Sausages are perfect.

2. I've too many to list honestly.

3. Not really main but I do play as Corrin alot.

Dutch Raikuna

So guys we have the reached the end of my A.M.A.! That means Ask Me Anything or Australian Marsupial Analoging!

Note: I'm not closing it but because this ****wit known as yours truly got the date of his holiday mixed up he'll have less of a chance to answer over the next few days. Now I would like to thank all who have partaken in this nutrifying and confidenting activity. So to tag most people who took part. Some are close friends, some are fellow members. And two or three who I'm surprised did not join in. However I'm not going to call them out. I mean, what do you think I am? A social score creditor in China?!

However I like to do something special in these situations. I had a sort of bingo list in my head of what questions people would ask me. About 10 questions. Got about three of them right.
So I'm going to jump onto a randomising website and roll three questions I thought I would have been asked!
And number 1 is……."Do you say flag or fleg!?

It's flag and the only person who would ask that is someone who has been to or lived in Northern Ireland! Which means there's a spy among us!
daondao.jpg

Number 2 is……"Who is your waifu?"

What's black in French and is a tsundere?
maxresdefault.jpg

Number 3 is……"What anime would you like to see as a video game?"

Made in Abyss. It work as an outdoor sort of survival horror with a natural evolution of Ico's gameplay mixed with hints of Gravity Rush.

Phew…...thankfully none of the offensive questions were rolled out here! I mean hey I'm glad. Then again the only questions that would be really really offensive to me are *Buzzer Sounds*!

So guys who have answered it's to tag as a thank you, however I'll tag some of you guys since there's more than I expected.
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu @JDCabrera R Rangez Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Teeb147 Teeb147 osby osby Shroob Shroob and the others I thank you.

Remember though and a tip to future AMAers on Smashboards.

Self promotion! The keystone of Ad.Ver.Tis.Ing! Thats the key to a good AMA.

So as they say where I am, swearing is caring between friends. So **** all this right now that I think about it. That's my way of saying thank you all. However I am sure to hell will get banned from the forums at this rate of swearing. Feck.

After all I'm a guy from a place despite speaking English the accent means we never says yes or no. It's "I AM!" or "I'M NOT", maybe "yeah or nah….mate!" Then again this is also the same island that has an accent that sounds like if Stunfisk from Pokemon suddenly fused with Gollum and started drug addiction! And man, if you've seen the Clickers from TLOU, that's their run to the off-licence!

That'll be all! The main session is closed. I might answer any stragglers.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku consider this the close of the main time AMA but I'll answer anyone else maybe over the next few days as I'll be busy making up for story and stuff. I'd offer you a handshake if this was IRL but nah.

Note: This is all jokey. I'm taking the piss out of myself for fun.

Crunchyroll_20200213222124 (2).png

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sorry for being late to the party, I've been kind of distracted lately. I hope you don't mind answering a question of a straggler.

What's one activity you'd recommend for someone visting Ireland for the first time? It could be a place to visit, a dish to try, a festival to attend, or anything else you can think of.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm sorry for being late to the party, I've been kind of distracted lately. I hope you don't mind answering a question of a straggler.

What's one activity you'd recommend for someone visting Ireland for the first time? It could be a place to visit, a dish to try, a festival to attend, or anything else you can think of.
Perry Incarnate answers. And I'll answer anyone else today that weren't able to before.
Your question is a tough one so I had to ask a friend.

Simply put, meet the locals, make some friends and don't bring anything unusual otherwise it might get stolen.

In terms of places I'd go to both Dublin and Belfast. Maybe two, three days on the west coast after the latter.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hope you don't mind if I dump a few more on ya.

Anywho...

1. What's your favorite video game console and your top five games for it?
  2. Any popular anime/manga that you've tried that you can't understand the appeal of?
  3. Pyra or Mythra?

Dutch Raikuna

Hope you don't mind if I dump a few more on ya.

Anywho...

1. What's your favorite video game console and your top five games for it?
  2. Any popular anime/manga that you've tried that you can't understand the appeal of?
  3. Pyra or Mythra?
Dude I'm for more questions.

1. PS4 narrowly. In no order, too many. The Outer Worlds, The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel, God of War, Gravity Rush 2 and Detroit Become Human.

2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I've tried watching it three times and just didn't like it.

3. Dude I call you one of my really good mates on here but why you asking me an impossible question.....

Tough but narrowly Mythra. I like Pyra and I would help her out with basic stuff.

Mythra though.....She would be fun to drink and hang out with. Better personality.

I'm now imagining them in Casual Wear. And now have a number of questions regarding the game and stuff.
Do you want to talk about this conversation somewhere else? You've got me in a thinking mood regarding this.

And now I want a Xenoblade 2/Fate Crossover.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Tough but narrowly Mythra.

My man.

I'm now imagining them in Casual Wear. And now have a number of questions regarding the game and stuff.
Do you want to talk about this conversation somewhere else? You've got me in a thinking mood regarding this.
I'm not the biggest expert on Xenoblade lore, but sure, I'll lend an ear for a bit.

Dutch Raikuna

My man.

I'm not the biggest expert on Xenoblade lore, but sure, I'll lend an ear for a bit.
Nah man, it was more like if you could visit Alrest and interview them would you do it?

I mean there's a lot of questions I would them and a few blades. Rex could leave. It's talk beyond his age.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nah man, it was more like if you could visit Alrest and interview them would you do it?

I mean there's a lot of questions I would them and a few blades. Rex could leave. It's talk beyond his age.
Don't see why not.

I'd interview Mythra about how (and why) she got her start with cooking and her inability to make a decent meal to save her life. Maybe something about her inspiration for the names of her techniques, too.

Dutch Raikuna

Don't see why not.

I'd interview Mythra about how (and why) she got her start with cooking and her inability to make a decent meal to save her life. Maybe something about her inspiration for the names of her techniques, too.
Oh I would as well. I would ask her about sharing a place with Pyra and Rex. How does it feel to actually be able to see her sister outside their consciousness.

Plus there is one plot point I'm surprised that did not happen but I'll share it on the support thread.

Dutch Raikuna

1. So what kind of story tropes do you like and want to include in your story?
2. What video games/vg series would you like to get more into?
3. What are some things in life that make you feel happy?
1. I don't know. I'll see what happens.

2. No More Heroes, Mass Effect and Sakura Wars. The three remaining of series that I want to play.

3. A number of things I guess despite my past. One thing I would mention is I'm happy be from a place that is so distinct from the world that played a role in being who I am. I'm glad of being from Northern Ireland, having been part of the first post Troubles generation to live a safe life without worrying about it all going back to the hell that my bio parents went through as kids. That makes me happy.

My want for a simple life as well and appreciative of the small things. Getting a shower, deciding what books to bring on holiday, what to listen first each day or writing my story.

As someone with Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot and a few quotes from Kino's Journey as the centrepiece of my way of thinking, I make sure to remember that I'm a human on a ball of rock floating through space that has been around for billions of years and will be around for billions more.
I've low self importance but in a good way. I'm happy that I'm humble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom