• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Zomg. Thanks so much! ^__^
Also I don't suppose you know of any threads that detail good capture cards and where to get them sorta? I read aisight's thread (now I forget what it said) and I remember looking at the capture card on Amazon, but not knowing how to use it.
This should help you a load, it's very cheap, you don't need to buy the cables though if you just want to record replays. I myself have a Dazzle, it's okay, if I would have known about these types of capture cards I would not have bought mine at all. Price to Quality ratio is not worth it when cheaper ones like this have better quality in my opinion.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks. I wouldn't mind spending $25 for a capture card, so should I get the first one on the list?
Or the EasyCap device? Which one would you guys recommend?
I'm not very technical with stuff but I'm not bad either.
Also does my CPU need to be dual core? Etc?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Alright, thanks. I wouldn't mind spending $25 for a capture card, so should I get the first one on the list?
Or the EasyCap device? Which one would you guys recommend?
I'm not very technical with stuff but I'm not bad either.
Also does my CPU need to be dual core? Etc?

You can actually get great quality with EasyCap (the real one with the Empia chip). It's not really about the capture card, capture settings matter a lot more. EasyCap and VirtualDub together and you can have really good quality.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
EDIT: So I was reading a review and it said that there was a lot of knockoffs on the original product, there were far more 1 stars ratings than any other. Also, it doesn't seem to work well with VirtualDub (says the most helpful rating)
Any advice? I wish I knew more about this stuff. x:
I wouldn't mind spending around $20 for a decent capture card as long as the quality is pretty good.

EDIT: Thinking about getting an ENCORE one from Newegg.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Which capture settings yield the best picture with a dazzle on Windows 7 using VirtualDub, I'm trying to mix and match to see what looks best, but so many options.
I wish I could help you on this, but I'm video quality impaired. Every video on youtube except a video recorded through a phone or an actual camera look the same to me.

yoshq

Smash Master
Which capture settings yield the best picture with a dazzle on Windows 7 using VirtualDub, I'm trying to mix and match to see what looks best, but so many options.
Depends what you're going to use it for. Also change dimensions/file format as little as possible. If your device records in native avi, 720x480, try to keep it in those dimensions and format or convert it to wmv/mp4 only once because they provide the least quality loss from avi (just an example).

PZ

Smash Lord
Hey is it possible for anyone here to record 34 replays?
One being 2 mins and others being 15 or less seconds
Three or four being about a min

I want to showcase a old falcon tech and some stuff falcon can do to start a footstool.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Hey is it possible for anyone here to record 34 replays?
One being 2 mins and others being 15 or less seconds
Three or four being about a min

I want to showcase a old falcon tech and some stuff falcon can do to start a footstool.
of course it is. This is what this topic is for. If you want good quality try the other recorders. I can only record in decent quality. Just give us details on what you want recorded.

PZ

Smash Lord
of course it is. This is what this topic is for. If you want good quality try the other recorders. I can only record in decent quality. Just give us details on what you want recorded.
Cool basically any footstool falcon kick combo and the Fhanfus loop which is First Hit Nair<Footstool or at least the start of it is...so whenever that happens, which is when I end the match, is what I want recorded. If too much work you could just record whole thing and I will edit out the stuff I don't want on movie maker.

But...I remember the limit being 20 which why I asked specifically.

Anyway here is the download link if it is ok
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3xcgbcnaxsgr86

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Cool basically any footstool falcon kick combo and the Fhanfus loop which is First Hit Nair<Footstool or at least the start of it is...so whenever that happens, which is when I end the match, is what I want recorded. If too much work you could just record whole thing and I will edit out the stuff I don't want on movie maker.

But...I remember the limit being 20 which why I asked specifically.

Anyway here is the download link if it is ok
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3xcgbcnaxsgr86
ok I'll claim this. I estimate that on monday this will be done.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
okay PZ just got everything recorded. You will have to edit for the videos. All I have to do is upload them.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
if everything goes well I should have them up by end of tomorrow. Also lol my bad I said upload.

Edit
Hey smashking I'll be doing your order.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
What is the average time for replays to get recorded?
well depends. If you have no replay codes it should take close to 3 mins for each clip. If you do have the replay code it could take up to 5 or w/e amounts of mins were played in the match per replay.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Cracker I'll get that up very soon; was experimenting with computer-based replay recording.

--

On a good day I can have five replays converted and uploaded in under two hours.

--

Sent Ayato 8 converted replays. More to come.

yoshq

Smash Master
well depends. If you have no replay codes it should take close to 3 mins for each clip. If you do have the replay code it could take up to 5 or w/e amounts of mins were played in the match per replay.
I feel like if this wasn't a joke, it should have been, and if it was, it was a good one.

It takes however busy we are at the time.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Cracker, are you running with any Ocarina/Gecko codes other than the 3+ minute replays? Your replay is desync-ing every time I try to record it. :(

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
they were recorded with replay hack
it also has the "replay with tags" hack as you already saw probably

what do you need to know about the hacks?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Well something is causing it to de-sync after Olimar loses a stock. He respawns with.a broken nametsg, with the desync occuring about 10 seconds after (Pikachu and Olimar make random moves and run off the edges).

Do you have a no-trip code or something active?

:phone:

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure he doesn't but maybe :S i'll ask him as soon as i see him (tonight or tomorrow)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
hmm this might be the problem. Cracker did you save the replay while a texture hack of a stage or character was on?

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I'm pretty sure there was an FD texture hack and maybe a pikachu hack but i don't think so. probably only a FD hack.

and the replay works on my wii just fine so i don't really understand whats wrong , my wii has never been hacked or anything.

I have uploaded the replay again, maybe this time it doesn't desynch I don't know:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/38d20ae41omu9ac/rp_120407_2119.bin

maybe you have hacks on yourself?

Top Bottom