• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We have a problem

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok, I found a problem with the jump grav code or gravity mod. I set up this experiment:

Wii 1:

Paprika's 1 line down gravity universal set to 1.3
Launch power mod on
Gravity mod OFF
jump grav values on

Wii 2:

All of almas' grav and jump codes on
Each character's dgrav is 1.3

Wii 1 falls faster. Something is wrong with the dgrav part in the jump/grav. I'm pretty sure full grav works. Its funny because some characters are the same like ganon, but some aren't like fox. And further proof, the FF setting on wii 2 is higher than wii 1 yet wii 1 characters fast fall quicker. Here is a video.

Fast fall values:

Fox, mario and link

FF value 1 was faster than 1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njkyktiqumj

The pink DDD is wii one. The ness is my current set (wii 2)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's late, I'll check it tomorrow. Hopefully (no offense) it's nothing wrong and something we aren't seeing at the time.

Watched the video: The first clips did indeed fall faster. Seems odd. Once again, I'll check it tomorrow.

Almas

Smash Lord
Paprika's 1 line down gravity universal set to 1.3
Launch power mod on

Okay, so every character has 1.3 DGrav and 1.3 FF in addition to their normal settings?

All of almas' grav and jump codes on
Each character's dgrav is 1.3

In this each character has ONLY 1.3 DGrav?

Paprika's 1 line constant is a global thing, it affects both FF and DGrav and is multiplicative with the effects in the code. The Grav Mod code tracks ONLY overall grav.

D

Deleted member

the oneliner should not be used. even if the grav values of almas code are not scaling equally we still edit them according to their value. the only other thing relevant for the oneliner is that it changes if PS2 has the wind part or spear pillars grav is lowered, but since both are frozen that is irrelevant

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Yeah, if it works then who cares if it doesn't work exactly the same way. It produces results that we can scale to our purposes just fine. We have no issues here.

shanus

Smash Hero
What everyone said above, lol.

Fact is, even if they produced different results, they can produce the same relative results with no problem at all. But as Almas said, the global is twice multiplicative.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Paprika's 1 line constant is a global thing, it affects both FF and DGrav and is multiplicative with the effects in the code. The Grav Mod code tracks ONLY overall grav.
I know that, but the overall fall speed is faster which means that 1.3 dgrav in your code is not actually 1.3 but is less if it works that is. So if that is the case, what is the scaling of your dgrav and what would it have to be to act like paprika's 1.3 dgrav? And what is paprika's actual grav value? Is it 1.3 or something else?

Yeah, if it works then who cares if it doesn't work exactly the same way. It produces results that we can scale to our purposes just fine. We have no issues here.
Who cares? If we think that sonic is 1.25 dgrav when in fact he is not, that is a problem

D

Deleted member

it fully depends on what you consider the standard unit to measure against.

1 metre might be said to be 3 feet, but it being three feet doesn't mean is no longer 1 metre.

when you say it's not 1.25 dgrav, that's because it's not 1.25 dgrav as compared to the oneliner. you can still modify it at will to, say, 1.4 in the jump/grav code to equal 1.25 in the oneliner.

also read almas posts. and the oneliner always has a values of "1" since we stopped using it long ago but that value is irrelevant.

Almas

Smash Lord
On Wii1, characters have 1.3 Downgrav from the one liner. They ALSO have whatever downgrav/fastfall they have from the launch code.

On Wii2, characters have 1.3 Downgrav from the launch code.

I don't see the issue?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Kupo, I say there's no problem here because the grav mod code is an isolated system that functions relativistically to its own constituency. The numbers inside of it only have relation to and bearing on the other numbers within that system. They all work relative to each other, right? Who cares if you plug the same physical numbers into a separate system and get a different result? We all can tell that grav values have been changed, and most everyone agrees that they're acceptable changes, therefore the grav mod system works. The fact that you don't get the same changes by putting the same numbers into a code we aren't even using is completely immaterial here.

kupo15

Smash Hero
On Wii1, characters have 1.3 Downgrav from the one liner. They ALSO have whatever downgrav/fastfall they have from the launch code.

On Wii2, characters have 1.3 Downgrav from the launch code.

I don't see the issue?
I thought the gravity code was responsible for the dgrav and full gravity and the launch was for dash speed, sh, fh, ff.

I understand the differences in the ff. If I wanted it to act like paprika's, then I would have to set the dgrav and FF equal to each other.

So I assume that it is safe to say that almas' gravity code is on a weaker scale than paprika's so if I wanted to replicate paprika's on almas' code, then the number would be larger than 1.3 and I have to do trial and error to find out how much higher it is?

Almas

Smash Lord
The Grav code ONLY affects overall grav, but can be hooked on to any move.

D

Deleted member

pretty much.

just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the idea for this experiment?

kupo15

Smash Hero
pretty much.

just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the idea for this experiment?
Well, several people know that I feel the game's flow is still a little sluggish and being that the game is floaty so I wanted to up gravity. At first I was originally going too keep char spec gravity and I used your code to test since it was a lot easier to use being only 1 line that affects anyone and it is less likely for me to screw something up. So I found what I wanted with your code then copied that to Almas' but it didn't feel right. It didn't feel as fast as when I was testing with yours which lead me to this test.
The Grav code ONLY affects overall grav, but can be hooked on to any move.
So are you saying that the launch speed modifier actually affects sh, fh, ff, dgrav and full grav and the gravity mod doesn't affect the jump/grav code at ALL?

And if this is the case, is it possible for paprika's and almas' codes to work together and multiply instead of paprika's overriding almas'

EDIT: Ok, so I ran another test:

Wii 1:

Paprika's dgrav 1.35
No almas' codes

Wii 2:
Only almas codes at 1.35

They fell the same.

So apparently, paprika's and almas' actually stack instead of override each other. But this still doesn't explain how my first test was different unless launch power affects all 5 categories in the jump/grav and the grav values mod does not affect jump/grav at all. Or maybe they only stack if almas gravity mod code isn't on. Some unanswered questions.

Top Bottom