• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin' Tourney, Port Charlotte, FL (5/1) Melee setups and possible low tier!

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, I'm leaving for the entire summer, and before I go Abscent and I are hosting a tournament. You should come.

Date: Saturday, May 1st, 2010

Location: Game Zion, 327B Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL, 33953
Pictures to help you pinpoint the location:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/KhalenWear/ZION001.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/KhalenWear/ZION002.jpg

Abscent's cell phone number is 941.270.7902. Call him if you have any questions, need directions, just want to chat (no homo), or whatever.

Door fee will be $5 (Dropped if you're one of first 8 to bring a set-up)
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 65%
Second Place: 25%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%

Schedule:

12.00n-1.00p Registration and Friendlies

1.00p-3.00p Brawl Doubles

3.00p-4.00p Food, Friendlies, MM, Whatever

4.00p-Whenever Brawl Singles

Afterwards More friendlies/MM and whatever

Abscent and I will be there around 11.00a-11.30a.

There will be a setup designated for Melee Friendlies/MM

Possibly a Low Tier tournament at the end

Nearby is a Taco Bell, Wendy's, and a few other food places, whenever people get hungry.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs' joint decisions are final.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Everything is subject to change based on feedback from you guys. I want to see some of my Tampa and Ft Myers smashers at this before I leave!

Attending:

1. TimeRunsAway
2. Abscent
3. M!X with Naples Crew
4. Redhalberd with Tampa Crew
5. Sinful0666 with Cape Crew
6. Monk (? but probably not.....)
7. Winge
8. Trumptight
9. Aglow (?)
10. Yineinjeru (?)
11. Yummy
12. Viper with with FGCU Crew
13. MT
14. Andy
15. NickRiddle
16. Tet (?)
17. Seibrik
21.You?
etc.

Time
Runs
Away

-!-

Smash Lord
This should be fun. count Naples in!

What's up with Jungle Japes? great so my ban will be wasted in either that or RC :( wow.

Snake will ****

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Oh, there will be a car from Tampa. Lol, even if I have to go pick you guys up and bring you down. (But at least try and organize a car first, before you consider that an option)

Time
Runs
Away

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I like the sound of that. Would this work?

If there are 20 people then 5th place would get their money back, and 1st would get at least $50. Does that sound pretty good?

Time
Runs
Away

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
Top 5 sounds great...id only really enjoy that however if we have a great turn out. We should make different payout sets depending on the amount of people who show.

-!-

Smash Lord
yea if this get a good number then top 5 does sound good. considering that its only 5.

also, monk it would be sooo cool if u where to come :)

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Count Cape in

a bunch of smashers from Cape Coral will be able to make this. more or less ten of us let us know if you need another set up!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Haha, I like the sound of that. Would this work?

If there are 20 people then 5th place would get their money back, and 1st would get at least $50. Does that sound pretty good?

Time
Runs
Away
There are two 5th places, so you could have both of them battle it out for their money back for extra hype lol. Whatever you do sounds good to me.

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
@redhalberd: sounds good. I dont doubt we'll have more than enough people to come to this tourney between Naples and Tampa.

@Sinfull: As of right now we have 3 set ups between the one already at the lan center, mine, and TRA's. To make this run as smoothly as possible, id suggest having at least 6...minimum 5. There will be at least 12 TV's at the location, so the more Wii's the faster we can move through the bracket. I'm speaking with the manager to see if we can have the door fee removed for those who bring set ups. It'd be more than appreciated. (the more the merrier eh?)

-!-

Smash Lord
We can definitely bring a couple more W!!s fer sure, also ABscent we should mm, $10 Snake diddy?

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
yep...im gonna bring about $30-50 worth of money for money matches...should be fun :D! its on!

Also, to clear up any confusion on bringing set ups, we only need about 8. My self and TRA are bringing one each, the center already has one and so does another individual who lives nearby. So currently we have 4. We'll be dropping the door entry fee to another 4 individuals who bring their WII's for a total of 8 wiis. If you are for sure bringing one...please reply to this post letting us know so you can be added to the list...after that anyone else who brings their WII will be greatly appreciated, but will not receive a discount on entry.

-!-

Smash Lord
yep...im gonna bring about $30-50 worth of money for money matches...should be fun :D! its on!

Also, to clear up any confusion on bringing set ups, we only need about 8. My self and TRA are bringing one each, the center already has one and so does another individual who lives nearby. So currently we have 4. We'll be dropping the door entry fee to another 4 individuals who bring their WII's for a total of 8 wiis. If you are for sure bringing one...please reply to this post letting us know so you can be added to the list...after that anyone else who brings their WII will be greatly appreciated, but will not receive a discount on entry.
For sure inma bring one so put me down :)

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
@Winge and MIX: Good stuff...only need 2 more now and we're set.

Additional wii's are welcome for friendlies, but for the tourney we really only need 8. Thank you guys

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Yo my and my buddies got 2 more wiis and games for the set up so throw us down on that list.

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Nah man never heard of him. when was the last time you saw him at an event? alot of the local tourneys have been easy money so i dont think any1 from Cape Coma or FT. that used to compete still does.

-!-

Smash Lord
Nah man never heard of him. when was the last time you saw him at an event? alot of the local tourneys have been easy money so i dont think any1 from Cape Coma or FT. that used to compete still does.

The only time that I met him in person was in his tournament that he had in Cape Coral last year, he always posted on tournament threads saying he will show up be he will always have johns to not make it... he was cool imo, he wasn't tooo good but he was fun.

I know he moved, but I remember he said he would come back... guess he hasn't then XD

are u the big guy from Cape Coral atm???

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
@yummy: We didnt have a tourney planned. But MM/friendlies are more than anticipated. I have a copy of melee and so does that lan center...so at least 2+ copies of melee will be available for play. And if you happen to push your tourney back, by all means please spread the word on your thread for those people to come south this way. The more people, the more money, the happier 1st place is :)

@sinfull: I appreciate the offer. is that you and 2+ more wiis? or just 2 wii's all together?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait... your kidding right??? they're back???
well, next level lan, which is ran by the same people who did gigs, and down the street from gigs

you didnt see the february one they had? they even had a melee one in march

-!-

Smash Lord
well, next level lan, which is ran by the same people who did gigs, and down the street from gigs

you didnt see the february one they had? they even had a melee one in march
nah man, I have glance at some threads but I missed the Gigs one then... **** thats too good, May one will be their first one then, or has it been on for a while??

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nah man, I have glance at some threads but I missed the Gigs one then... **** thats too good, May one will be their first one then, or has it been on for a while??
their first one was february, SFL went to it. i even housed nick riddle's car. I think that was the tourney that I banned Dennys too.

march they had a melee one to mix it up. April kinda got owned by MLG, so May 1st is going to be the next brawl one

its like a 10 minute drive on literally the same street as old gigs (university blvd)

-!-

Smash Lord
their first one was february, SFL went to it. i even housed nick riddle's car. I think that was the tourney that I banned Dennys too.

march they had a melee one to mix it up. April kinda got owned by MLG, so May 1st is going to be the next brawl one

its like a 10 minute drive on literally the same street as old gigs (university blvd)

Nice, how was the turnout for the february one??

I'm checking the thread right now, it doesn't say Gigabits so thats why I missed it. but for sure, immakeep it in mind. Gigs was alwayz mad fun XD

-!-

Smash Lord
february probably had like 45-50 entrants for singles i think

nice, so its still not bad at all. deff worth the trip. we stop going to miami cuz like... only around 20 people showed up after the 3rd one... and one or two of us had to fight Seibrik first round lol I actually enjoyed the one time that happen to me, but yea I'm so glad Gigs is back :) thanks for the info man

Top Bottom