• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WBR Ruleset 1.0: Wario Ware ~3 Day Deadline - Discuss B4 Voting!

Wario Ware

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DISCUSS THE STAGE BEFORE VOTING!

Ok everyone, here's a stage vote for Wario Ware. Vote Starter, Counterpick, or Banned. Stages need a 2/3 (66%) majority to be primarily in that category. If the vote is split (such as 50% Starter 50% Counterpick) then the stage will be in the Starter/Counterpick section.

Notes about Wario Ware

-Stage is frozen
-Horizontal death boundaries slightly increased

Poll Deadline: 3 days

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
This is a toughie.

I think it should be starter for singles but CP or maybe banned for teams.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
assume all votes for now are singles

il deal with changes for doubles after stage voting is over (were in the last wave)

i call starter. its basic enough and effects all characters equally. its basic just with a different platform setup

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I wouldn't say it affects all characters equally. The solid walls are good and bad for certain characters' recoveries, and some characters can abuse the platforms better than others. It can be really difficult to get back down to ground level against certain characters. Marth can also abuse up-B without punishment there since it ends just above the top platform.

Regardless, as long as we're doing stage striking and not random, I think it's legit as a starter, though it's debatable.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea thats true, but its still basic enough imo that all characters are "fine" on it. as you said, the stagelist is designed with striking in mind

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Debatable starter? Not even. This stage is already better than FD and FD should be a CP, but you fgts dont even agree. *grumble*

This stage aids recoveries really well and has a good anti-projectile camping set up. Aids planking a bit though and platform shenanigans get boosted here. :V

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
There's a lot of different things that a lot of different characters can abuse here. It's still pretty fair, just the stakes are higher. Easily starter imo.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Good to see most of us are on the same page. It's a broken level, but it's broken for everyone, so it's balanced. All stages will naturally favor some characters more than others, and I don't think it's biased enough to discredit it as a starter. It's arguably less biased than some other stages that have been pretty much universally considered starter/neutral material.

edit: I'd love to know why cape just dropped a "counterpick" vote in there without explaining his reasoning. A single vote won't change anything. A single argument, however, can.

Top Bottom