• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WBR Ruleset 1.0: Pirate Ship ~3 Day Deadline - Discuss B4 Voting!

Pirate Ship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DISCUSS THE STAGE BEFORE VOTING!

Ok everyone, here's a stage vote for Pirate Ship. Vote Starter, Counterpick, or Banned. Stages need a 2/3 (66%) majority to be primarily in that category. If the vote is split (such as 50% Starter 50% Counterpick) then the stage will be in the Starter/Counterpick section.

Notes about Pirate Ship:

-Stage has multiple phases featuring water, low gravity, and stage hazards.
-There is a catapult that can kill you with bad DI at 0%. With good DI you will never die from it.
-On one phase bombs are shot at you which are hard to keep track of and can kill you. There is a single safe spot from bombs being the top tiny platform.
-There is always water except during the tornado phase (lolmk) but there is low gravity there.
-If you touch the ship while in the water you are insta spiked.
-There is a glitch where you can be trapped in the rock when the ship crashes on land.

Poll Deadline: 3 days

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The various hazards can all be dealt with. It's the water that makes this stage ban-worthy. I haven't seen any satisfactory suggestions for fixing it yet short of removing it entirely or making it low-gravity air.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've been against this stage ever since I saw Izumi vs M2k at CoT3. All izumi did was water camp and there was literally almost nothing even M2k could do, and M2k was forced to time him out. And bombs don't help either...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Got a link to that vid? I've never seen water camping before.

With that code Dant had that weakened the bombs I'd have said CP, but this water camping thing might be ban worthy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
weakened bombs still suck. the fact that your taking damage and unexpected knockback is lame

theres no vid of it, i just got to witness it in person cause it happened in my pool.

D

Deleted member

I could expand my no bombs code to also remove catapult, but seeing as the main issue is the water itself, I don't see how this stage could ever be CP.

The Cape

Smash Master
Why dont we make the water slow your fall and thats it?

Something like the moon gravity idea that someone mentioned before. It seems to be a good way to save all the water in the game as the whole swimming deal was badly implemented in the first place.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
cape - thats not in it now
the stage votes are for how the stage currently is at this moment

so your saying as ur in the water u gradually go down? what difference does it add if u would just (assuming) jump up and reland to reset yourself

water camping includes the player constantly jumping in it to keep mobility and avoid drowning

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, he means remove the water entirely (except as a graphical effect) and just have that part of the stage be moon-gravity air, like the windy part of PS2. And I agree, I think this would be the best way to treat water in general, though it's only an issue on this stage since this is the only one with permanent non-flowing water.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Water: Kill it with fire.

Water camping makes this stage bannable in its current state. That much is clear. But we should see what we can do to fix that for a patch. Treating the water as moon gravity air seems like the best course of action (although on PS, we'd prob need to add some sort of transparency to the water...). Although, actually, it'd prob need to be more like... increase gravity when rising and decrease it when falling; people shouldn't be getting moonjumps just because they fell into water. Perhaps we should take a look at fighter.pac and see if this is possible?

Top Bottom