• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshine Advice?

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to get down waveshining... my jump-cancelling with the shine is coming along a bit better, but I can't seem to get it into a waveshine. Anyone have any good advice that could help me start waveshining? And is it vital for Falco's play?

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
Waveshines with falco took me forever to get down especialy because at first I would **** around with other characters so I became used to thier wavedash speed.

You could try only using falco for a while, practice pillars on level one foxes.

I used to play fox and falco and my timing was used fox's wavedash so my falco would just jump. Now that I only play falco whenever I do pick up fox for a min I do his wavedash a little to slow because I'm used to falco's so don't try to play both untill you have one 100% on lock.

Or my favorite way to practice shffl and wavehine is play a level 1 marth with 0.5 damage ratio. You can shuffle down air shine untill like 150% the jus waveshines him. He doesn't DI but he stay close so you just waveshines forward then back over and over.

Hope this helps and sorry if I'm confusing or make no sense. It's
Almost 3am and I'm very tired lol

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
suck my balls, ******
I lol'd

Shy Guy is right, lvl 1 fox practice is really good. If you wanna WD backwards out of shine, then make sure you let the control stick go back to neutral before you jump (I didn't know that for awhile)

Some people can waveshine really good by rubbing their finger from X or Y to B (Through A) I can do it kinda....but I mess up alot, much faster though.

It is really important for Falco, with waveshines you **** other Falcos, Foxs, Falcons. It helps alot.

Pony

Smash Apprentice
As far as forward waveshines go, if you can wavedash, you can shine before a wavedash. :p
And for backwards ones.. just keep at it? haha

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What's so great about doing them backwards, you're just doing to Dair them right?

Pony

Smash Apprentice
What's so great about doing them backwards, you're just doing to Dair them right?
I waveshine backwards to follow their DI -shrug-

I can never follow up if I go forward and they go backward.

mers

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get down waveshining... my jump-cancelling with the shine is coming along a bit better, but I can't seem to get it into a waveshine. Anyone have any good advice that could help me start waveshining? And is it vital for Falco's play?
Are you getting stuck in the shine animation? If so, it means there's too much time in between letting go of B and jumping. Jump faster.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought you meant backward as in like ... waveshining without turning around.

Waveshining going either direction is the same thing until you want to do waveshine one way while facing a particular direction, which is what I thought he meant xD

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I think that waveshining with falco is the most beautiful thing ever.
if i could i'd shoop a falco that's just shined a fox and is at the beginning of his wavedash animation onto the Mona Lisa here. So... let's just pretend I did? :3

Pony

Smash Apprentice
lol just nair

or laser

You're the most beautiful thing ever.
How do I nair if I didn't waveshine?
I imagine if I didn't waveshine, I'd be in the air, and my opponent would be somewhere to the left or right, (unable to follow up) and if I did waveshine, I'd be right under my opponent, ready for a nair, dair, another shine, or anything really. lol

Top Bottom