• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash - DISCONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stak

Smash Cadet
Lol @ anyone who has the same opinions on the wavedash that I had 8 months ago. I've long since realised its not really that important.

its a great technique, IF, its out (nothing confirmed yet, remember) than thats a shame because it didnt hurt noobs, and it was such an amazing way to speed up the game for people who put their time into learning the true depth of the game.

The problem is, most of you don't understand melee. You don't understand how complicated smash is, because you've never gotten into the mindset of wanting to become the BEST, and competing with the best makes you realize just how complicated a seemingly simple game is.

You people are too ignorant. I cant take it, and I wont discuss anything with a bunch of dimwitted fools. I am leaving the brawl section for good.

I need this account for a few more weeks since I have my (last) tournament coming up on saturday and ill wanna post in the results thread. So mic if you were thinking of banning me over nothing, please don't. IP ban me in 3 weeks for all I care, smash is dead.

Good day.
Ahaha oh man

I had heard about you on other forums

I didn't know the rumors were true

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but melee requires you to like... PRESS BUTTONS to do things. Brawl decided that things like holding down, pressing L, and airdoding before hookshot recovery were all too difficult for the delicate smash players.

Streetfighter is like 30x more technical and button precision requiring than smash, it gets left alone. A bunch of scrubs complain because they lose, blame it on techniques, and they get removed because nintendo knows where the money is my friend, and it's not in people who actually know how to play this game, ie : could beat you every match, and probably still will in brawl. Its the casuals. Melee sold over 6 million copies, and probably only 100 000 of them or less to real players.

Whatever, see if im right when the game comes out. I predicted all this 10 months ago, that brawl would be a watered down ****ty version of melee gameplay wise, with all the bells whistles, and extra characters and stickers that please people who buy games for reasons other than gameplay.

Yay, 3 person smash tournament!

Oh wait. that's not 100 people at all, nor are my friends the best players in canada. You fail.
It's not the Nintendo officals who are desiging the game. It's Sakurai. Also, it's not likt you have to hold down the attack button to do attacks. You can still press it more than once if you want.

Also, the game is about fun. Don't be a whiny I-want-everything-complicated fanboy ***** just because the game made something easier. Also, Melee was fun before wavedashing, Brawl can be fun now.

On the terms of techs, every game has glitches/exploits. There will be new tricks. Real players are good without these spoiling things.

Also, before flaming, I use wavedashing/L-cancel/all that.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I was thinking even if the wavedash as we know it is gone, If there is this new technique of momentum airdodge into a slide then that mimics close to waveland, and wavedash essentially is a sped up waveland, so the only difference is you wont be able to slide right out of a stainary postion but u need momentum to slide(so u need to get a running start or be hit by an attack and then push the dodge button)

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
.Yay, 3 person smash tournament!

Oh wait. that's not 100 people at all, nor are my friends the best players in canada. You fail.
No, you fail for not having any friends who can play smash bros worth a ****.

Who said it had to be a ****ing tourney? Can't you just play in regular melee mode? What's the difference between a hundred players or 2? You'll still just be playing matches over and over again. What does it matter if you can't play different people?

All the same, if brawl indeed sucks as you predict then this "horrible" chain of events will never occur and you'll still be attending the melee tournaments.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ anyone who has the same opinions on the wavedash that I had 8 months ago. I've long since realised its not really that important.

its a great technique, IF, its out (nothing confirmed yet, remember) than thats a shame because it didnt hurt noobs, and it was such an amazing way to speed up the game for people who put their time into learning the true depth of the game.

The problem is, most of you don't understand melee. You don't understand how complicated smash is, because you've never gotten into the mindset of wanting to become the BEST, and competing with the best makes you realize just how complicated a seemingly simple game is.

You people are too ignorant. I cant take it, and I wont discuss anything with a bunch of dimwitted fools. I am leaving the brawl section for good.

I need this account for a few more weeks since I have my (last) tournament coming up on saturday and ill wanna post in the results thread. So mic if you were thinking of banning me over nothing, please don't. IP ban me in 3 weeks for all I care, smash is dead.

Good day.
EMO RANT!

I don't know if you know this, but you're a laughing stock on pretty much every other board in the world.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'll bite, even though most of the content of your post is an ad-hominem attack. Just so you know, spewing hot-air about how childish I am is really funny when your argument amounts to 'You're an idiot, so you're wrong'. It doesn't actually fool anybody. By rights, I could just turn it about on you, quote every line you posted, declare them wrong, and then make fun of them without actually giving a reason why, since that's exactly what you did.

I see what you did there. That's pretty cute, leaping into a lion's den, trying to hawk vegan cuisines to indigenous, hungry animals.

You're still at the wrong end of a dire situation and I still like fresh meat, however...

In response to the only actual POINT I could find in your post:
Well, you could have evaded this point as well, in your sorry attempt to regard my entire post as an immature rail against your character in hopes to invalidate me, but I guess this was the only position you deemed tenable?

I am COMPLETELY aware that WD is NOT the be-all and end-all of high-level melee techniques. It's not INCREDIBLY powerful and it usually doesn't mean the difference between victory and defeat. However, it DOES provide an advantage, and a much greater one to certain characters than others.
Here you are, again, with general, impalpable references. This does nothing to further your current position or pillar your argument. I need tangible, concrete examples, please.

More importantly, it's a physics exploit and goes against the overall design of Smash, which countless others in the thread have pointed out (And nobody has yet actually managed to contradict this point yet).
There's nothing to contradict, given there's no actual point to be made about WDing being a physics exploit. Also, Wavedashing does little to infringe on the essence of what Smash is; if anything, many could capably argue that it merely supplements or enhances it. These are the same people that have a level of understanding about how the gameplay works that you could only dream of (read: the average competitive Smash player).

Once again, I'll ask: Can you look at Waveshining, and honestly say "Yes, I think Sakurai put this in the game intentionally." ? If so, then kindly remove yourself from the internet, because you fail.
As I've stated, this is a non-argument, as WDing/Waveshining's intrinsic merit does not logically hinge on their intended/unintended existence.

Besides, why develop a free-form fighting game with such a robust physics system if you didn't want to offer the user a certain level of personal creativity?

-SynikaL

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
It is already dead where I live. Seriously.

I could play casually, but than it isn't playing Melee in tournies is it.

Anyways, what about airdodging in a direction and the simplifying of other things. Auto grab on the ledge? Ok, so now you are forced to grab the ledge when you up b into it. That is great for people who can't sweetspot or want to grab the ledge when they are going up without going above the stage, but now waiting on top of the edge for edgeguard is pretty nonsensical now if your opponent is below the stage. Getting rid of choice of edgehogging to something or staying up there to be in a better position to hit them off is little depth removed. Maybe I didn't look at the situation right, but this an example of what I am talking about. Directional Airdodge removed? No less (small) recovery options, airdodging in a direction to get away is out of the question as you have to keep going in that direction, and other stuff probably I can't remember.

Edit: playing with different people is good. Especially if you keep beating your friends.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice

Good day.
SAKURAAAIIIIIIIIII!

User33

Smash Journeyman
Every other board in the world is LOLing at him right now for that post.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What does it matter if you can't play different people?
That's the stupidest question I've ever been asked. Why do you even play smash?

Every other board in the world is LOLing at him right now for that post.
Are any of them smashboards? Or people that know how to play competitive melee? Then they're ignorant and I don't care.

I don't know if you know this, but you're a laughing stock on pretty much every other board in the world
Trust me, I'd rather be me, rather than a 4channer who's only solace in his meager existence. is mildly annoying me by calling my hand some gruesome name.

Don't confuse me for some emo please, you can take as many shots as you want, you guys are hiding behind your computer screens, I find that hilarious.

Cowards.

Anyway, im not doing this again im going out to hang out with some friends (que witty ''U DUN HAVE FRIENDS'' reply)

I can see with me posting here its just going to be a bunch of trendy ***gots ruining whats already a horrible discussion with flame wars.

Im sick of it, kirbyking warned me not to take the bait and I'm not going to.

I am completly serious when I say this :

You will never see another one of my posts in this section of smashboards again.

I saw it coming, it's happening, and everyone (who isn't worth my time) hates me in the process. I wont deny I'm the loser here, I've felt helpless since i saw the trailer and I KNEW what they were going to do to the game.

Now let me mourn the loss of my favorite game in peace. I'm tired of fighting. Laugh all you want, you're all scum anyway.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Yes, smashboards is laughing at you, as you can see from this topic.

And LOL at the above person.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
well, all you guys just need to remember that maybe you'll find other stuff to use for new adv techs. o yea, dylan, stop crying and play like a normal human being, so what if you can't use your 'zomg l33t hax" techniques in brawl. If you truly like smash, you would get brawl, NO MATTER WHAT

Chepe

Smash Lord
why the hell is this thread even still around? Two people who go here have already said it wasn't true.
This has gotta be a joke... Theres more proof that momentum air dodging is in than the other way around. But, to be truly true, we should wait for tomorrow.

But I dont like the direction this thread is taking... :dizzy:

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Is this what you said

Because it's what I keep hearing
apparently this became a "flame Dylan Tnga" thread. I guess we'll have to wait to see if Brawl is as good competitively as Melee. As I said earlier, it won't be nearly as fun if Captain Falcon isn't in it. And I know it's going to be an *** game to play if they noob things up....seriously, if they add an auto-ledge-grabber, I'm going to punt two babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom