• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wavedash and forward b

Twek

Smash Cadet
is peaches wavedash worth using in battle. ive noticed its quite a bit less useful than most if not all others. i do use it but it never seems to help me too much.

same goes with her forward b. is that worth using in battle. i know how to use it to help get back on the edge in levels such as fd but for battle is it any good?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Wavedash is situational, just like other characters. It's not as usefull as some others but it can still help you space correctly and such. Her forward B is pretty useless other than for a recovery tactic. It's really slow, really laggy, and doesn't KO better than most of her other moves she could have done that are faster and less laggy.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Her forward b is useful for humiliating the opponent.. It breaks down some people's morale to the point where they do worse afterwards. Ask some of the opponents I've had... It's useful for mindgames. You dash towards an opponent with a turnip in hand. they think you're going to throw it so they try to reflect it, you side-b them instead. Sure, there are other things that you can do in this situation, but this one is more fun... ;)

Wavedash is useful for spacing, even though it's one of the worst wavedashes in the game.

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Its one of the worst WD in the game, but she needs it against DA FOX! F+B just looks cool cuz its an exploding butt. But do not fret, she's still good.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Her forward b is useful for humiliating the opponent.. It breaks down some people's morale to the point where they do worse afterwards. Ask some of the opponents I've had... It's useful for mindgames. You dash towards an opponent with a turnip in hand. they think you're going to throw it so they try to reflect it, you side-b them instead. Sure, there are other things that you can do in this situation, but this one is more fun... ;)

Wavedash is useful for spacing, even though it's one of the worst wavedashes in the game.

I'm not sure about the humiliating part, but it does hurt their moral in a way.

Her Peach Bomb is really great for mindgames. Not a lot of Peach users us it, so the opponent doesn't expect it much. It does a nice set of damage and mindgame if your opponent is open.

As for the wavedash...it's decent, but that's about it IMO. It can cover some space between you and your opponent. It's not effective like Marth's and Luigi's WD, but it's not useless.

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Wavedash, as stated before, for mindgames.

Her Foward B is pretty useful for mindgames also. One specific use I use it for is for people who like to sidestep-dodge a lot. Usually this situation occures when I use Peach's Foward B:

Peach: Ha!...
Enemy: *sidestep dodge*
Peach: ...
ENemy: *sidestep dodge ends*
Peach: CHA!
*kaboom*

It really annoys people.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Peach's wavedash is underrated. It can add to movement and yes mindgames. If a fox is drillshine happy or loves to approach with Nair-shine, wavedash back and dsmash.

Sorry but side-b is completely useless aside from recovering.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This move I call the dark bomb. Something I made upIt worsk on Fox and Falcon. Maybe falco too but never tried it on him.
Chain grabd them to around 70-100. In between those numbers when they DI to escape the chain grab, F-B in the direction they are going, its the easist way to catch them with the F-BBut they have to DI left or right in the chan grab or you will not hit them. I did it to my friends. it was too funny. So I caal it the Dark Bomb

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
You can always Foward B out of your sheild to mix it up, but I would just use it as a mindgame,
Yet I might have to think twice about using it as a mindgame lol.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I like using it at the beginning of matches on Final Destination. If you start off right next to the opponent, often times they'll try to dash --> jc-grab you, so I find it fun to start w/ a Peach Bomb. It doesn't work all the time though. My Marth friend just plays really aggressively, so I try to get the jump on him at the start of matches and this technique works well.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O.o but what if it works? I use it as a recovery/counter. both at the same time. When I need to get to the stage, but those evil ppl are trying to keep me from the ground. I know you're NOT supposed to use it, but I'm finding uses for it, because people tell you NOT to use it. If you don't use it...then it comes as a surprise. still, I kinda only use it to help me get onto the stage.

Top Bottom