• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing/ b-sticking? Win or fail?

laird

Smash Apprentice
i used to play b-stick with my toon link, but the thing is the c-stick is invaluable for quick smashes and for aerials, not to mention the fact that auto-rar is unnecessary. It worked alright for campy projectile play, though.

I found that b-stick only worked with my TL, so if i played GW or MK, i wouldnt Bstick

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Cons pretty much out weigh the Pros, and it is really only useful for a few characters.

Nestec

Smash Ace
It's really useful for Ness and Lucas ATs, so if you don't main either of those two, I'm not sure how useful it can be. Ness really benefits from it for PK Jumping, Firebounding, and etc.

vorpal

Smash Rookie
I think it has it's applications. It's a great spacing tool and I use it with ZSS sometimes. Although I have to agree that I prefer C-sticking much more than B-Sticking probably because I'm more use to it. But I wouldn't write B-sticking as completely useless yet.

chckn

Smash Ace
Very applicable with certain characters. I find it silly to change your whole controller map just do it, especially since it is VERY doable with the default controller settings. For instance, with ROB, wavebouncing to gyro canceling and then a bair is great for mind games against characters like DDD. Its not gamebreaking but its good.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't really like it. Didn't really add much to my Ness.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
I use it with Mario sometimes, Mr. All-around even has a pretty nice wavebounce with his cape. It's cool and useful but I feel a lot slower with my smashes.

Scala

Smash Ace
I don't use my C-Stick at all, I find I can input commands just as fast as I can with the C-stick so it doesn't really matter to me.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
it's very useful for lucario and i incorporate it into my gameplay all the time, i use it mostly for mindgames with lucario

it's also useful for ZSS, it helps create spacing with her side-b

i personally think this technique is very useful for the characters i choose to main but it deffinately varies on usefulness from character to character

Top Bottom