• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing and stuff

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Question. There was a part where he DOUBLE b-reversed in the air. HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?! And how do you canel out the gyro without airdodging?

Sudai

Stuff here
Z doesn't have the issue of having to push a digital button all the way down to get to an analog button like L/R do. So yes, Z probably is faster.

Xyro, just press L/R/Z fast enough and you get no airdodge. As for the double reverse, I assume he just wave bounce gyro canceled twice really fast.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Z doesn't have the issue of having to push a digital button all the way down to get to an analog button like L/R do. So yes, Z probably is faster.
I took the springs out of my L and R shoulders to try to make them faster to press.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I took the springs out of my L and R shoulders to try to make them faster to press.
H4X! haha, jk.

It also helps to jump out of shield while holding down L/R/Z still, and as long as you hold it down, the gyro will be canceled on one of the first frames with no lag.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Seriously, can someone please teach me how to wavebounce really well and stuff? It's one of the ATs I just haven't really gotten a hold of

Reason:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-QVc3pMoi8&feature=sub
You should start learning it by not calling it wavebouncing. That's the second dumbest name for it, the first being gay-swizzle flipping.
Next, go to youtube and watch videos from over a year ago and you'll pick up on it soon enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGatbWtGkU

T0MMY

Smash Master
Question. There was a part where he DOUBLE b-reversed in the air. HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?! And how do you canel out the gyro without airdodging?
That's a good question... where could I find the answer (refers to t0mmy's guide). Yeah it's in there... oh look, it says you can do a TRIPLE Gyro charge-canceled Reverse-momentum in one short hop. Very interesting. You can also mix it up with Gyro-charge cancels and other Specials (Laser, Booster, and even the Arm Rotor).

I got this tech down before I traveled to Smashapalooza last year in Cali and had the NorCal'rs say "what? B-sticking!"... back when they called it B-sticking... (wonders if they still call it that).

Anyhow, that was a pretty fun video to watch. I like flashy players ^___^
Most of the time he could have done something a lot more simple & effective, but it made me think not all R.O.B. videos will be camp fests. heh heh.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll bite.

t0mmy, I've tried to find your guide in the past but every time I get to the index I get a bunch of "Whoops, technical difficulty" screens when I click any of the links except for the first page and one of the last pages. This is true in the Floating Island of the Ancients one as well

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im getting a bit better at reverse wave canceling the gyro now (like jump right, gyro left, wavebounce right), but im not liking the whole wave bounce too much anyway. once your opponent catches on its SOOOO punishable. like seriously, it's kind of a bad technique to do outside of friendlies where its cool and awesoem lol

pivot gyro on the ground though which is the same input, that iv been doing for a while, is incredibly useful. more so than this stuff in the air i can tell u that lol. i never see other robs use it.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
but im not liking the whole wave bounce too much anyway. once your opponent catches on its SOOOO punishable.

But just like snake, anything to help us make our way to the stage is useful. It just adds another option. I've found it pretty beepin useful so far.

Top Bottom