• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wave dashing with Doc.

pdk

Smash Lord
1) long range
2) good throwing options
3) fast dsmash

add them together and you get a stew of win and awesome

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
First off, i'd like to concur that wavedashing is immensely important to Docs. Its helped me a TON, especially with spacing and the like. I mean doc isn't a fantastically ranged character with his melee attacks, so you need to be able to get in or get out fast. Granted some people (more rarely, i think) dashdance with Doc (Like.. Ronin!) and this is also rather helpful, i dont think either option makes the other useless.

One halfway related question here... how plausible is it to wavedash into Doc's Fsmash? I've used it before in matches to some great effect, but it seems to me its only useful because its so unexpected. Half of the time I do it theres a delay between the wavedash and he Fsmash that comes out of it, yet sometime it seems i time something correctly and it comes right out, just as fast as a downsmash. Whats going on here?

Mix

Smash Cadet
you should go watch some doc matches (pro ones i mean) and see what you think about how wavedashing helpz...

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
yea the WD is vital in docs gameplay...if you dont then doc would have NO chance against a semi good marth...or any other good character for that matter

Roman.

Smash Champion
First off, i'd like to concur that wavedashing is immensely important to Docs. Its helped me a TON, especially with spacing and the like. I mean doc isn't a fantastically ranged character with his melee attacks, so you need to be able to get in or get out fast. Granted some people (more rarely, i think) dashdance with Doc (Like.. Ronin!) and this is also rather helpful, i dont think either option makes the other useless.

One halfway related question here... how plausible is it to wavedash into Doc's Fsmash? I've used it before in matches to some great effect, but it seems to me its only useful because its so unexpected. Half of the time I do it theres a delay between the wavedash and he Fsmash that comes out of it, yet sometime it seems i time something correctly and it comes right out, just as fast as a downsmash. Whats going on here?
This is one dirty, DIRTY post if thought in the wrong way.

Wavedashing : Doc as SHL : Falco - doable without but you will be much better of with it

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Wavelanding can come natural to some players(the lucky ********), others have to practice for a long time before they can do it at all...i thank god am one of the lucky ones!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Practice.

That's about the answer to everything in Smash. If you can't do it, practice. Seriously, I bet with 30 minutes a day practicing any technique and you'll have it down in no time.

I would recommend platform wavelanding to help you practice wavelanding in general.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Go to Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, anything with platforms, set time to 0, and just practice wavelanding around the entire stage over and over and over again until you get it down.

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
And after you have the basic wavelanding down go to practice and smash or do other attacks out of the waveland into the enemy...

Top Bottom