• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO9.75 - May 22, 2010 - Orlando, FL - Bring Setups! DRAFT CREWS ARE HAPPENING

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh wow sorry Hbox I didn't see the date on this the first time I checked through. I'll make sure to add this tournament listing to the Florida Thread. I'm awful at Melee, but this looks like it's going to be awesome eitherway. As part of my usual babble on tourney threads I want to ask you if you'd be interested in publishing this tourney's video material onto SWF Florida's Youtube channel. The channel was born during the melee days and I don't want brawl to hog all the attention on the channel. Sorry if this is too early to be mentioning. I hope you get large attendance on this.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I know there's a wendy's nearby, along with other places in the same plaza.(It's called "The Loop")
Also, search his house's address on google maps and look for nearby restaurants. Pretty convenient stuff, man!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Good sh@t, im on a diet right now. I was 240, im down too 189, i wanta get down to 175 or 170. But i splurge every blue moon. And this tourney is going to be one of those moments, lol.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Good sh@t, im on a diet right now. I was 240, im down too 189, i wanta get down to 175 or 170. But i splurge every blue moon. And this tourney is going to be one of those moments, lol.
There's literally...like all the well-known places REALLY close.

Fast food, healthy food, Pizza, Chipotle (SEX AND GROAN), Smoothies, Gas Stations, Sit-down restaurants, Smasher-paradise restaurants, and a movie theater and PetCo right down the street.

Cmon peeps!

Let's get this movin'.

CFL better show up unlike how they did at NOOB2, LOL

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
When I first considered going to WATO tourneys, I wondered if there was a door fee. At first, I was upset to hear that there was. But then I considered the inconvenience of having a large group of people to maintain. Toiletries, garbage bags, electricity, water, etc. are expenses that arise from just people being around. However, pending the turnout and whether hbox is paying the bills, the door fee for this tourney is really high.

I don't want to get hbox mad with me or anything. We're cool. I just disagree with such a high door fee, especially if it doesn't go to those paying for the venue. First place is paying $500 at a maximum (see panhandle smash page for tourneys >65 persons), meaning there are 70 entrants. This means that door fee totals at $350 minus those who bring setups (1 setup per every 5 people is about average). That's still $280 for a tourney that required no space rental.

I really do understand the complications of having a lot of people invade your house, Juan... I just really don't agree with that door fee. I think that $2 is more than enough to cover for the inconvenience.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up before and I don't know if I'm hitting a bad nerve or anything. Sorry if I am. And please don't hate me, Juan. cuz I don't hate you =D

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Pr0jecT and RockCrock confirmed.

Phanna is planning on attending and UberIce mains iceclimbers so no one cares.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Nope not kidding
Well if hbox is just pocketing money for a tournament he's going to win anyway... It just doesn't seem right. And it's no money to laugh at. It's always going to be 33% of the total singles pot, and 70% of what first place makes...

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I think I have greatly evidenced the problem w/ this door fee. I hope you are kidding...
Your avarage tourney is always bucks for a door fee, and yea he might pocket the money. But lets say someone breaks a vase or something goes misssing. The smasher that broke the 100 dollar vase says he gonna pay for it, but don't has the money and 9 times out of 10 its gonna be a long as time for you see him again or you might not see him so what you do amd who gonna have to pay for it in the end.................hungrybox. Cause its his house and he's responsible for anything that breaks or goes missing in his house. Im sure his parents told him that, i know i would have told that ****** kid that, lol.

Top Bottom