• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaterFall gimp, lolwut?

As the title says, I find Waterfall kinda of useful for gimping :p.

Basically, What you do is when your oppenent is under the ledge, you use Waterfall from above to stun them and quickly ledge cancel it. It will hopefully waste their DJ and or recovery, plus stun them causing them to go lower a little. It also turns them around facing away from the ledge. Quite useful for gimping people like Ike or Fox on FD.

It may be quite situational, just like to share it with you.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Interesting, I have to try this out. Although I'd be scared to be punished if the enemy get's up from the ledge and you're still "helpless".

Can you also turn around with it and it still hurts the enemy? Might be useful on battlefield so that you can land on the platform so that you can't be punished.

T-block

B2B TST
lol i never thought of that

i've jumped beneath the stage and waterfall'd away from the stage as an edgeguard before... massive hitbox <3

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember what stage it was, but I've gotten caught beneath the lip of the stage waterfalling, and my opponent was stuck in the hitbox. Then at the end, I DI'd and grabbed the ledge, and they fell to their death. Might be useful.

Top Bottom