• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watching to Learn - A Guide to Watching SSBB Videos

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to add my input as one of those "beginning" players, that I really think that this will help me understand, appreciate, and incorporate the best players vids into my game.

So a kudos to you for best guide I've read today.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol when i first read the title i would have never thought that this thread is that awesome^^

Nanaki

Smash Lord
lol when i first read the title i would have never thought that this thread is that awesome^^
Do you have suggestions for a better title? I'm totally open to changing it.

I'll even give the person who suggests the best one credit for it. :laugh:

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Learning to watch.
I was torn between the that and what I ended up with. I want people to do both - learn how to watch videos properly and learn from watching them.

Maybe Learning to Watch and Watching to Learn? It seems too long that way.

Edit: OP has been updated with suggestions given thus far. Keep 'em coming!

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Now this is a guide recommended for those who cabt get up to "tourney level" of gameplay. I used to auto-pilot my *** off. Nowadays i look at most of the things mentioned in this guide. Especially spacing. Thanx for the thread nana.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Everybody didn't do this already? I guess if your just starting this could help. The resources guide for beginners was good though when I first started It was hard learning the lingo and I was always confused.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Now this is a guide recommended for those who cabt get up to "tourney level" of gameplay. I used to auto-pilot my *** off. Nowadays i look at most of the things mentioned in this guide. Especially spacing. Thanx for the thread nana.
Yay :) Glad you liked it.

This thread actually helped a lot.

Cool.
Good stuff!

Everybody didn't do this already? I guess if your just starting this could help. The resources guide for beginners was good though when I first started It was hard learning the lingo and I was always confused.
Glad to hear the resources for beginners came out well. The idea was for this to help those who are trying to improve, so it sounds like it's serving its purpose.

Nanaki, i love you.

this thread is too much win.
<3 Thanks!

Nanaki

Smash Lord
That is an incredible first post.
I don't know how I didn't see this for about 2 weeks. Thanks much!

I'd like suggestions for things to add: critiques on videos used, suggestions for more examples, possibly some sections that need revamping or sections to be added, etc. I'd like to make this a real resource for up-and-coming players.

So, keep those suggestions coming!

Top Bottom