• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's dair spikes

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I don't get it, do you mean the last hit after you drill or do we start the move early and hit with the move at the end:confused:?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I've spiked someone off the ledge with a dive-bomb down air... but I wasn't sure if it was a ledgespike or not (then again, I never actually left the stage)... maybe if you time it well enough to hit w/ only the last hit, you could spike... but... good luck w/ that, haha.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
i thought the exact same thing right before your post the_loki

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
that is not a Dair spike, i tried this at home, it is repeatable, but i came to the conclusion that DDD's body center is actually kinda off if you get what I'm saying. if you are to the right of your opponent, Dair them and stay to the right, there knocked back towards the left side of the screen, futile got it just barely to the left of that DDD and if you are caught in Dair your moving as well, pushed him off towards the right because DDD's center is off and stage spiked him. any comments?

if not undestood ill explain again

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Apparently hit has a bit of an Area of Effect when you divebomb it, so I actually hit the side of the stage (maybe I just barely touched them) and he shot downwards.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
also i did some looking into split second dropped Dair DIs, im going to do more tests to see if it was a drop Dair DI or if DDDs center wasnt off !! god dang it ><

eaither way, DDD got stage spiked :)

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
i did some more testing, DDD's center is off by the "tiny"est bit, but still even without the off center it is still slightly DIable so coulda happened both ways, still sry to confirm that Dair doesnt spike >< would been so ridiculous

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
It DOES spike. I've pulled a couple of them off in matches and did one the other day in training mode.

It spikes, lurn2uzeit

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Reminds me of the melee fox's spike..

Fun to use every once in a while, but never ever rely on it, or expect it to work.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
if it spikes and you've done it repeatedly explain yourself because frankly i dont believe it and im sure a lot of the pros with how much experience they have wouldnt believe it until they did it themselves
and it was a stage spike, dont deny it, just saying >< for the time being and if you look carefully the video was a stage spike, if you can do it yourself, without being near the stage, record it

Icythaco

Smash Rookie
On a side note, can you imagine wario with a consistent spike?! his aerial maneuverabillity and excellent recovery would make planting a spike easier than planting a...um...plant? *shrugs*. Redundant metaphors aside, wario with reliable spike = the stuff of nightmares.

Edit: btw, at the risk of sounding naive can someone please tell me what 'DI' stands for? I keep trying to figure it out through context, but its meaning has thus far alluded me.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
hahaha phantomx same deal for me kinda, eventually stumbled upon it after a month here on smash boards forum looking up on a DK guide rofl

Top Bottom