• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Ware characters, come here if you want Syrup.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Did I post here, already?

If I haven't, I'd like to say now that Captain Syrup is one of my Top Ten and deserves to be in Brawl!

skullkidd

Smash Ace
none of these characters stand a chance to be playable except Captain Syrup, they don't have enough of a fanbase.
as much as i love Captain Syrup, her chances of being playable are slim as well, but she would make an excellent Assist Trophy.

war-bearer

Smash Rookie
none of these characters stand a chance to be playable except Captain Syrup, they don't have enough of a fanbase.
as much as i love Captain Syrup, her chances of being playable are slim as well, but she would make an excellent Assist Trophy.

Or maybe one of the bosses in adventure mode!

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
WarioWare characters that i want in Brawl are Jimmy T,Mona,9 Volt,Dr.Crygor,and Orbulon

war-bearer

Smash Rookie
I bet if Captain Syrup is an Assist Trophy, she summon her minions. I have never seen her fight 1 on 1 at all.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I bet if Captain Syrup is an Assist Trophy, she summon her minions. I have never seen her fight 1 on 1 at all.
Yeah, that IS true...

In the first game, she uses her Genie (which I bet would be her Final Smash if she was playable), and in Wario Land 2, she uses this robot thing.

Memo326

Smash Cadet
I don't really think any Wario-related characters (other than Wario himself, duh) have a chance at being anything more than Assist Trophies. These are the sort of characters people would like in Brawl because they're cool as characters, even if not exactly good as fighters. Since the Assist Trophies are basically for these types of characters IMO, they don't need to be playable. Of course, I could be wrong.

Anyway, this is an Assist Trophy I've invented for Jimmy T./P. (whoever's the original with the blue wig). As soon as he's released from the trophy, he puts himself in the middle of the stage, and the stage becomes completely black except for a disco ball and colorful lights, Jimmy himself (a limelight glowing on him), and the player who summoned him (a limelight following him/her). Jimmy dances for a little while, and in that time all the other players can't see where they're at (neither can they see platforms, edges, and holes, and this applies for whoever summoned him too). Then Jimmy leaves and the stage goes back to normal. Of course, this would only last several seconds, but it'd be cool, wouldn't it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I already laid out my points as to why she should be in so I will just restate them:

- Capt. Syrup can represent Wario's Wario Land titles. +1
- She is a female. +1
- She is a villian. +1
- She is a female villian. +100
- She is a retro character (Sakurai loves that). +1
- She is a pirate captain. +1

Point is, she would be VERY good for Brawl. I wish I could bet that she will be in but there just isn't enough proof yet to prove she will be. However I have a feeling she is in and I am usually right in my assumptions. Not that you should take my word for it but you still can't deny the fact that she will be great for Brawl.
Being a Syrup supporter myself, I have only one thing to say to that:

(singing)Yo ho, yo ho, that pirate's made for Wii! ;)

goodkid

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup has really good chances for Brawl. A lot of people are forgetting about Syrup, considering she's a female Wario villian.

This thread lives! *Insert Frankenstien Music Here*

I already laid out my points as to why she should be in so I will just restate them:

- Capt. Syrup can represent Wario's Wario Land titles. +1
- She is a female. +1
- She is a villian. +1
- She is a female villian. +100
- She is a retro character (Sakurai loves that). +1
- She is a pirate captain. +1

Point is, she would be VERY good for Brawl. I wish I could bet that she will be in but there just isn't enough proof yet to prove she will be. However I have a feeling she is in and I am usually right in my assumptions. Not that you should take my word for it but you still can't deny the fact that she will be great for Brawl.

Edit: Firebomb, the sports games aren't cannon and therefor don't matter. Yoshi has 0 ties to Birdo outside of the sports games and would probably fight her in the cannon series and since Wario has never met Waluigi outside the sports games, he doesn't matter.

Plus Captain Syrup is a female with personality. Let's look at females for Brawl... Peach, a princess, Zelda, light magic user, Krystal, staff user?, Micaiah, light magic. All of these are good females, but what about the females with a strong personality. Syrup is ruthless, greedy, and a strong female. We need a female with a strong personality in Brawl.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Captain_Syrup

Her finale smash could be her genie, and has plenty of moves, like bombs and cannon balls.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Captain Syrup is just perfect, she's female, wicked, and Brawl lacks those. she's two in one.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup is too good to not be considered for the roster. She would add a uniqueness to the female roster, and show that not all girls use magic. Most of the good females for Brawl use magic and Captain Syrup could be a physical fighter and use her treasure.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Captain Syrup would be absolutely brilliant. I'm actually a pretty recent convert but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I think Sakurai would love modelling her and creating a moveset and it would be nice to see Wario Land gain some much deserved representation along with WarioWare. It would be awesome to see an updated version of her seeming as she has only appeared in 2D versions before.

I want to see it happen. Who knows? Perhaps she's one of the reasons for the delay (as in a new character being added.)

Stado

Smash Apprentice
While I find the prospect of Captain Syrup as a playable character to be an overall interesting one, as her status as a female villain, of all things, simply can't be ignored (I both own and have beaten both Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Wario Land II), it doesn't seem very likely that she'll be considered for anything beyond a trophy (not even an assist trophy, I'm afraid), if even that. In fact, I actually really rather liked her boss fight at the end of the first Wario Land game. The one with the genie.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
While I find the prospect of Captain Syrup as a playable character to be an overall interesting one, as her status as a female villain, of all things, simply can't be ignored (I both own and have beaten both Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Wario Land II), it doesn't seem very likely that she'll be considered for anything beyond a trophy (not even an assist trophy, I'm afraid), if even that. In fact, I actually really rather liked her boss fight at the end of the first Wario Land game. The one with the genie.
I think her inclusion as a PCis actually pretty likely. I mean I don't know Sakurai personally obviously, but there's something about her that I think Sakurai would like to use her.

And I actually really didn't like the boss fight with the genie at the end of the first Wario Land... though it'd be nice to see that genie make a cameo somehow in Brawl.

Maybe you'll fight the genie and Captain Syrup in Adventure Mode then unlock Captain Syrup herself later on...

courte

Smash Lord
personally all i have to say is if she doesn't make it into brawl she'll more than likely make it into the sequel and y do i believe there will be a sequel... a) LOVE and b) it's more than a fighting game it's a record/collection of nintendo's history; our own personal digital museum and tribute to everything they've done and the character's theyve created the bring us joy grief and envy [[anyone ever said I WANT TO PLAY AS THAT SEVEN FOOT DESERT BADASS!! melee was your chance]]

but mostly A] LOVE

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I agree, I have been supporting Captain Syrup since I heard of Smash Bros. Revolution./Brawl.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
If the Wario series had a second rep, these are who I'd personally like to see.

1. Ashley (She's so cute and magic users are always awesome)
2. Captain Syrup (Most underrated villain ever, but she is still cool)
3. 9-volt (It would be funny if he attacked with Nintendo peripherals. Final Smash: Power Glove)

courte

Smash Lord
y'know what if captain syrup doesn't make it im gonna be pissed but i'll see it coming i mean, lookit today after waluigi, they official thread spiraled into descent--ill be glad if she's just an assist

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I hope at least an Assist, I really want to see her again....Im doubtful of her being playable but she'd be the greatest character (IMO) :chuckle: then I think Mona would be the correct character to choose, and then Ashley if Mona doesn't come true.

Top Bottom