• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's more complicated than that. You need to aim your shield not just up, but follow them where they travel with it. If they go up, and then land/touch the floor, they will probably shield poke you.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Ya like I said, old compared to how I am now. I think I've got shield shenanigans down since that 'un. Mostly picked out on a whim for some moment, GaW getting hit by full waft while doing UpB and me almost dying on our last stocks? Too good.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I like your Wario, Blue. You have a very good out of shield game. Against MK you should look out after he dsmashes your shield, lots of times you did a DACUS (could've just dash attacked and had less lag since hte upsmash wouldn't hit) when you could've fsmashed out of your shield. If you've already fixed that great, otherwise, fix it!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lol no one likes my combo video. but i didnt know how good fair to fart / OOS shenanigans were. guess ill make a second one.

id like to think im getting pretty good. after next weeks tourney ill upload some vids and you guys could critique me. also, im accepting all wario ditto MM's at pound, if anyone of you is going.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
fair to waft is great imo.... some wario's have to be creative and try new things... jab to waft, Dtilt to Grab at low % Dtilt to fair at higher %... and the Bite thing.. what i do is Upair to Bite or Fair to Bite when i go flying from some sort of stupid Smash attack (MK dsmash) i dont know if it will work all the time but it has saved me a couple of times... I HAVE NO RIVALRY WITH MASKY! but i do have more fans :3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
fair to waft is great imo.... some wario's have to be creative and try new things... jab to waft, Dtilt to Grab at low % Dtilt to fair at higher %... and the Bite thing.. what i do is Upair to Bite or Fair to Bite when i go flying from some sort of stupid Smash attack (MK dsmash) i dont know if it will work all the time but it has saved me a couple of times... I HAVE NO RIVALRY WITH MASKY! but i do have more fans :3
Did i mention i began using wario because i thought it was hilarious to kill someone with a fart.
BTW if your trying to use wario and know nuttin about him... DONT USE YOUR BIKE TO Di... it can cause a seizure or serious trauma.
LoL your edit button broken?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
yeah i dont use bike DI at all. i gave up on it after a week. I mainly just use down for aireal momentum canceling. its been working just fine.

ill have to try this bite thing.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
What is bike DI is that when you air dodge the pull out the bike?
Something like that. the closest i got to actually using it well i was forward airing then pull out bike i could see the bike moving back towards the stage but would die any way. so i just stuck to AMC and i just as long, or longer than with that silly stuff.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
lol no one likes my combo video. but i didnt know how good fair to fart / OOS shenanigans were. guess ill make a second one.

id like to think im getting pretty good. after next weeks tourney ill upload some vids and you guys could critique me. also, im accepting all wario ditto MM's at pound, if anyone of you is going.

Pound 4444444444444444444444444444444444444444

I'll be there :D

We can play!

:040:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah. also not guaranteed, but, imo, much less risky than wasting a waft should they DI away from you/down and shield.

Jab > grab always works though :)

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
no ofcourse jab to waft and jab to fsmash arent official but they can work and its great to pull off... now about that Bite Di.. if only Wario's arials were faster.. T_T fair seems to be his fastest air move... hmmm

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fair and Dair end at the same time (you have to fastfall them for it to help you momentum cancel, dair does it automatically if you c stick it, fair you'll have to do with the control stick), if you bite after doing either of those fastfall aerials and it stops your momentum (or does so immediately after a little boost further to the blast zone) then your theory is correct.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I've tried bite and it doesn't seem to help much, I might be doing it wrong. I just go for dair momentum cancelling, horizontally my avg survival DI per stock is 160% with it. My vertical DI on the other hand.....like 100%, LOL, uber fail.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
The Good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WaLiz3E184
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQBqGhlSLqI

The Bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ImznjTF_U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdt_XOM_MvM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKMzgzs1fY

The Ugly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXfBfCW0xc

First set is vs Zucco's Lucario
2nd is vs Atomsk's MK/DDD
3rd is vs Bleachigo's Falco

Any critiques would be lovely. I have no idea how to fight falco and it shows in my matches vs Bleachigo. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me lol

:040:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bait Falco more and mix up fake pressure with real pressure. Whenever he does an attack, and you go to punish it and you aren't sure if it will land, hover around him. I noticed a lot that you would try to hit him, barely miss while he spotdodged, and then he would punish you. If you hover in that spot and he spotdodges, he gets ***** hard.

Also shield more. Shielding with the intent of OOS Nair or Shield grabbing beats most of what Falco has. For instance, you can shield grab his first jab before he can move if you are fast enough. Dash attack to Usmash has enough lag that you can slide back, drop shield, run in and dash grab. Once you are confident in being able to shield and punish a lot of what he does (Utilt, Jab, Usmash/Dash attack/ Dair/Nair/etc), then you will make him more afraid about what could happen rather than what will probably happen. This in turn allows you to get away with a lot more than you should lol.

If you want a more aggressive choice than hovering around people a lot in punishment situations to bait the spotdodge, try Bite. I only suggest this when you are not in CG/death % and when he is very likely to spotdodge. If you know a situation will arise where you will run at him trying to punish, or jump at him, and it might barely miss so he wants to spotdoge, you can see that and run up bite him. If he attacks, then usually he wins out. This is where the hovering around/shielding also takes place. If you shield, you can usually punish whatever he is doing. If you hover around, you can sometimes dodge what he does and then punish.

Basically, you need to focus less on punishing Falco in "down to the wire" or really close punishment situations. If it looks like you might be a tad late or if you are not sure, then don't play your cards aggressively so much. Wait for him to trip up first before trying to force something harder on him.

They are both reactionary characters. Anytime one character does something out of reacting, he usually gets punished. Your job is to get him in a tough spot where he has to react faster than you have to, while you also hold the safer cards. If you get him in a rough spot where he can't go far, and you get close and do stuff to bait him, eventually he's gonna have to take a guess if he wants to get out safely. More likely than not, he guesses wrong since it's harder to guess right for the person in his spot than your spot, and you then punish that and move on.

Top Bottom