• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Power Rankings

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
A thread was recently made to illustrate the best players of each character in USA, Canada, and Mexico (NAFTA). Character mods have been contacted to make a PR thread in their respective character boards in order for the community to vote on a top 5 for their character. Each character mod will then report their results to the original thread.

I realize PR threads are a sticky subject, so please, no negative comments, ie "PR threads always sucks." If anyone posts in here something that's unproductive and off-topic and/or negative, I'll infract them.

Now that the obligatory mod speech is over with, I know the last Wario PR didn't go over so well. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on this thread. Please keep it civil, guys. I really don't want to give out infractions to my Wario bros. :)

Here's the link to the original thread, to be updated when official results are compiled. I'll go ahead and lock this thread once we've come to a conclusion.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
This again? This seemed to be a very touchy subject when we first created it on the Wario boards. I saw the thread and Malc as number 1? I dunno...

Either way, good idea.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
NOOOO! I dont want a power ranking thread bcos I know I'll be close to the bottom.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's just for top 5. And unfortunately, Mack, UK players are not on the list. :(

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Whoa... where to start? :O

Probably should make a list of all the possible candidates. I'll just list a few off the top of my head.

Dynomite
Masky
Reflex
Hunger
Malcolm
Krystedez
JoKeR
Asadelta
Komodo Joe
toobusytocare
Kyle0Li
Waft-0Li
Sky`
Pwneroni

These are all the Warios I can think of atm. Don't feel bad if I forgot ya, I really remember these players because I have met them in person or have seen a bunch of their videos!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't think there's much of a point in making a Wario PR. The last one went horribly and it just brings immaturity flaming egos trash talk etc etc etc. It's best to net even discuss the matter.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I don't think there's much of a point in making a Wario PR. The last one went horribly and it just brings immaturity flaming egos trash talk etc etc etc. It's best to net even discuss the matter.
Although I agree, Zigs was contacted for a project so we should really at least try to help.

It's only top 5 anyway.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Whoa... where to start? :O

Probably should make a list of all the possible candidates. I'll just list a few off the top of my head.

Dynomite
Masky
Reflex
Hunger
Malcolm
Krystedez
JoKeR
Asadelta
Komodo Joe
toobusytocare
Kyle0Li
Waft-0Li
Sky`
Pwneroni

These are all the Warios I can think of atm. Don't feel bad if I forgot ya, I really remember these players because I have met them in person or have seen a bunch of their videos!
DMG be mad.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
gonna be silly bcos it doesnt account Glutonny who is perhaps even the best Wario... but whatever.

@Pwneroni Blue Rogue he be mad, Slik Vik he be mad, Atomsk he aint mad.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I don't know if I'll anywhere close to the top 5, but if I am, I just wanna say this;

I'm not fighting D3 with Wario anymore.

It's too boring to have to camp D3 and that doesn't work against good players like Atomsk, so my double main partner Pit will be around for a while.

Maybe it's just me being all, "I'm too lazy to learn the MU and work around my character's shortcomings". So be it. :0 I like Pit better in most MUs nowadays anyways. Wario against MK, Marth, Other Warios, and GW alllllll day tho !

Double Pit/Wario main for life.....

inb4alwaysthepitmains

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I'll anywhere close to the top 5, but if I am, I just wanna say this;

I'm not fighting D3 with Wario anymore.

It's too boring to have to camp D3 and that doesn't work against good players like Atomsk, so my double main partner Pit will be around for a while.

Maybe it's just me being all, "I'm too lazy to learn the MU and work around my character's shortcomings". So be it. :0 I like Pit better in most MUs nowadays anyways. Wario against MK, Marth, Other Warios, and GW alllllll day tho !

Double Pit/Wario main for life.....

inb4alwaysthepitmains
That's why I have Kirby for my pocket.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Watch my matches against D3. That's what happens when you know the matchup ;)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
How do you plan on working out top 5? There have been a lot of Warios doing great, lately. I think I'd actually have a tough time deciding between Krystedez, Bassem, Malcolm (haven't seen much of him lately), Hunger, Slikvik, Sky, Blue Rogue, Pwneroni, and Masky. All of them have done really well.

Should we just vote, or use some data such as tourney results?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Watch my matches against D3. That's what happens when you know the matchup ;)
you werent playing the matchup how it's "supposed" to be played.

you were mainly rushing down D3 while being only halfway safe... those D3's messed up on CGs and grabs and stuff(even though I wouldnt say they werent good) but I dont really think it would work as well against someone like Atomsk or Coney. although I'd like to see something like Glutonny vs Atomsk.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I like it! I think it's good to know who should step up their game! I'm already stepping mine up, so in a couple months, I'll be on this thing. I know have a more official goal. =)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah I would really like to play against a top level D3 player. I've played against Count Cocofang in Norcal, he was really a great D3 player and we went pretty even in friendlies.

Oh and how is the match "supposed" to be played? Who determines this standard? My style is risky, yes. But with such risk comes great reward, and if you play it right then you should deal as much or more damage than you take haha. The D3 players I played against were awesome players that have been around for a long time. I still have a negative record against them in tournament, they both agreed that Wario's tire usage makes it much harder to grab him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yeah I would really like to play against a top level D3 player. I've played against Count Cocofang in Norcal, he was really a great D3 player and we went pretty even in friendlies.

Oh and how is the match "supposed" to be played? Who determines this standard? My style is risky, yes. But with such risk comes great reward, and if you play it right then you should deal as much or more damage than you take haha. The D3 players I played against were awesome players that have been around for a long time. I still have a negative record against them in tournament, they both agreed that Wario's tire usage makes it much harder to grab him.
Camp play close to a ledge use your waft every minute.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ahh true I forgot about staying close to the edge! You could camp close to the edge and keep pulling out your bike for constant tires, awww that sounds so awesome!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
My opinion:

We should have a set rule in mind when picking so its not bias.

Maybe a point system, average tournament placings, or win-loss ratio against top players.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My opinion:

We should have a set rule in mind when picking so its not bias.

Maybe a point system, average tournament placings, or win-loss ratio against top players.
Yeah, the controller of the original thread didn't establish any ground rules, so I'm comfortable with whatever system you guys feel best represents Wario as a whole. Just be sure to explain your reasoning.

Note to any and all random trolls who come in here: Don't be dumb. Read the OP.

B.Mack

Smash Ace

I put "supposed" in inverted commas simply to avoid this, lol.

it means the way that you have to play top level D3s in order to reduce the effectiveness of the advantages their chracter has over ours. (e.g playing by the ledge to avoid Dthrow CG and playing extremely campy and safe to avoid shieldgrabs.)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
There are ways to avoid getting shieldgrabbed other than being extremely campy :p

IMO, the best way to determine good Warios is to look at the ones who've played against top players. Did they win or lose? Was the match close or ****? Do they have good knowledge of matchups in the game, or do they not?

The top level Warios are probably going to be the ones that go to national tournaments like MLG, Genesis, Nexus, Pound Series, etc. Warios that travel little or in a small area of states (like me, I only really travel around Oregon and Washington, going down to California a few times a year) might have a harder time being recognized as top level players.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There are ways to avoid getting shieldgrabbed other than being extremely campy :p

IMO, the best way to determine good Warios is to look at the ones who've played against top players. Did they win or lose? Was the match close or ****? Do they have good knowledge of matchups in the game, or do they not?

The top level Warios are probably going to be the ones that go to national tournaments like MLG, Genesis, Nexus, Pound Series, etc. Warios that travel little or in a small area of states (like me, I only really travel around Oregon and Washington, going down to California a few times a year) might have a harder time being recognized as top level players.
I was going to go to Pound 5, but I got ride-canceled at the last second. :(

Maybe I'll go to WHOBO3 instead.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah, the controller of the original thread didn't establish any ground rules, so I'm comfortable with whatever system you guys feel best represents Wario as a whole. Just be sure to explain your reasoning.

Note to any and all random trolls who come in here: Don't be dumb. Read the OP.
Could you use the Power Ranking System UTDZac uses in the Texas Power Rankings? Or is it too whack for a top 5?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Could you use the Power Ranking System UTDZac uses in the Texas Power Rankings? Or is it too whack for a top 5?
That would take a lot of work--you'd have to come up with point totals for everyone every Wario has ever played. It's one of the reasons OoS tournaments don't count towards the Texas PR.

Labernash

Smash Lord
That would take a lot of work--you'd have to come up with point totals for everyone every Wario has ever played. It's one of the reasons OoS tournaments don't count towards the Texas PR.
Ohhhh, I gotcha. What if you just counted up everyones tournement 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, 4th's, and 5th's starting like in September of last year to now? The people with the most of these go higher. Thata way, if a beast Wario dosn't play for a while, he can be passed. To be the best, you have to prove it in tourneys, obviously. Maybe you could go down further then 5th, and maybe like, 10th place deducts? I dunno.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ohhhh, I gotcha. What if you just counted up everyones tournement 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, 4th's, and 5th's starting like in September of last year to now? The people with the most of these go higher. Thata way, if a beast Wario dosn't play for a while, he can be passed. To be the best, you have to prove it in tourneys, obviously. Maybe you could go down further then 5th, and maybe like, 10th place deducts? I dunno.
Yes and no. Yeah, it's good to place high in tournaments, but you also have to take into account who the top placers beat to get to their placing, ie placing first at a local PnT with no known players shouldn't yield as much value as placing 5th at a 30+ entries tournament with stacked, state/nationally recognized competition.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yes and no. Yeah, it's good to place high in tournaments, but you also have to take into account who the top placers beat to get to their placing, ie placing first at a local PnT with no known players shouldn't yield as much value as placing 5th at a 30+ entries tournament with stacked, state/nationally recognized competition.
Hmm... Good point. Maybe along with the Tournement positions, you can add who they beat match for match. For example:

Labernash - 1st's - 200
2nd's - 0
3rd's - 0
4th's - 0
5th's - 0

People beat - Dojo - 2
UTDZac - 5
etc.
(Names that popped in my head. I can't really beat them)

I guess use the brackets and whatnot from each tourney. I'm not sure. Just a thought. =)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Maybe pick a few matchups like Snake, Falco, Marth, MK, and see how the top Warios handle them?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
As an addition to the point system, we should have a date to see when the final scores will be tallied. I am rather interested to try my hardest to place in the top (gonna be hard as balls) so i MUST know when the final scores will be tallied.

Suggestion for the sake of sprouting up conversation: Wanna have the final tallies be held on May 7th?

about 3-4 months.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've been to MLG and a lot of little MW big-league tourneys with Ally and M2K showing up at each usually.

I know I can beat can go toe to toe with Ally's snake :troll:bait and namesearchbait included :awesome:, but I won't ever be able to prove it since his MK is godly now.

I've gone very close with M2K before at a VGbootcamp event before.

my upset at MLG columbus surprised even me, but that's neither here or there.
MLG Dallas I got top 24 I think. I was really close to pro bracket :<

Other than that I'm pretty much whack when it comes to the community's own nationals like WHOBO, I can't garuntee travel to the EC or the WC for that matter. D:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Ally's Falcon does the MU decently.

He doesn't use bair enough though, he's more like 'lol i read everything you do and get grabs out of it'.

A bit reckless I'd say, doesn't take away the fact he 2 stocked me as well. I got mad lol.

Top Bottom