• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario is possibly the only character in the game to have an advantage on himself.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
EX:

Wario vs Wario.

If Wario A picks biker outfit, he can easily see the waft charge (belly button) Wario B picks the overalls, and he cannot. So Wario A (no matter how small) has an advantage on him.

EX 2: Wario can grab release Waft, Grab Release aerials, (and I think Fsmash) ANOTHER Wario.
:dizzy:

If that knowledge is only known to Wario A, it can be a seriously important tool. Anyone going to any tournies? Well, when I see any Wario's, I'll ditto them and record my results.

Wario with biker outfit and grab release knowledge: 53-47 on a Wario with overalls and lack of knowledge.

Discuss.

Excellence

Smash Champion
EX:

Wario vs Wario.

If Wario A picks biker outfit, he can easily see the waft charge (belly button) Wario B picks the overalls, and he cannot. So Wario A (no matter how small) has an advantage on him.

EX 2: Wario can grab release Waft, Grab Release aerials, (and I think Fsmash) ANOTHER Wario.
:dizzy:

If that knowledge is only known to Wario A, it can be a seriously important tool. Anyone going to any tournies? Well, when I see any Wario's, I'll ditto them and record my results.

Wario with biker outfit and grab release knowledge: 53-47 on a Wario with overalls and lack of knowledge.

Discuss.
Your logic is absolute and without flaw. This thread made me laugh at first, now I'm saying, "Oooohhh that."

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
holy cow, awesome thread, but i kinda dont understand it a little i get the concept but not the real thing

let me run it threw the way i understand it. wario A who chooses biker outfit's waft is harder to see than one in overalls and can do sum extra comboish moves

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol. someone above me said D3 can CG himself lol
wario vs wario...
well if you think about it if one has the advantage then the other will have the same >.< then its like...even? lol. ur logic makes sense but a char HAS to be 50/50 with himself...

Excellence

Smash Champion
holy cow, awesome thread, but i kinda dont understand it a little i get the concept but not the real thing

let me run it threw the way i understand it. wario A who chooses biker outfit's waft is harder to see than one in overalls and can do sum extra comboish moves
Just, lol. That's all the really needs to be said, "Lol."

lol. someone above me said D3 can CG himself lol
wario vs wario...
well if you think about it if one has the advantage then the other will have the same >.< then its like...even? lol. ur logic makes sense but a char HAS to be 50/50 with himself...
DID I NOT JUST SAY HIS LOGIC IS ABSOLUTE AND WITHOUT FLAW? YOU ARE WRONG, GO DIE! RAWWWWWWWWWR!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Oh PKNintendo, you and your amazing threads. What would we do without you?
Suffer. I am truly the best Wario here. I could even beat Futile! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And thats why kids, Wario's biker outfit owns the overalls.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Suffer. I am truly the best Wario here. I could even beat Futile! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And thats why kids, Wario's biker outfit owns the overalls.
That actually made me laugh. Thanks for brightening an otherwise gloomy day for me.

Wario just looks gross when his belly is showing. At least his plumber outfit covers up that nasty stomach.
Bleh. Wario looks... Well I guess you're right.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Oh balls, now I feel like even more of an idiot for picking the baby-blue and pink overalls.

Nice observation, I'm too simple to notice things like that unfortunatly.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
No character has an advantage against themselves because what ever 1 wario can do to the other, the other can do to that 1 wario.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
No character has an advantage against themselves because what ever 1 wario can do to the other, the other can do to that 1 wario.
Possibly the smartest post in this thread. Since Wario by definition does not mean biker or overalls persay, either Wario can choose either outfit. Wario is a single character. Selecting outfits could be called the actual beginning of the fight. After all, controller ports also dictate possibilities in a match- these are selected before the match begins.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can't believe how many people are taking this thread seriously. The internet seems hell-bent on constantly reminding me that it is overrun with idiots [not directed at this thread or anyone in it in particular] :(

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I can't believe how many people are taking this thread seriously. The internet seems hell-bent on constantly reminding me that it is overrun with idiots [not directed at this thread or anyone in it in particular] :(
Clearly, you are! :laugh::laugh:

Ace55

Smash Lord
Btw I'm afraid you're wrong PKNintendo. Falco has a massive advantage over himself when he's at medium damage and his opponent at low. Way more than Waro's bellybutton showing.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Btw I'm afraid you're wrong PKNintendo. Falco has a massive advantage over himself when he's at medium damage and his opponent at low. Way more than Waro's bellybutton showing.
explain.

Falco can't grab release another falco. CG is universal, doesn't count.

(did you know you can infinite a Wario using another Wario on a wall?)

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
The logic of the original post is flawed.

If the biker outfit shows the charged belly button of Wario, it can act as a signal to the second Wario that a fart may be coming.

For an overalls wearing Wario, there is no sign to give your opponent, only your own secret internal clock.

Add to that the undeniable awesomeness of the overalls, and you'll see that Overalls>Fat Biker.

Ace55

Smash Lord
explain.

Falco can't grab release another falco. CG is universal, doesn't count.

(did you know you can infinite a Wario using another Wario on a wall?)
50% Falco can't be chaingrabbed to spiked for the instant kill, 0% can. What's not to get?

What you mean CG is universal? The certain death variation (simply edgehog) doesn't work on everyone, but it ***** another Falco so hard it's not even funny.

(did you know the grab release infinites take forever to rack up damage, and the only legal stages with walls are the transforming ones?)

DEEB

Smash Rookie
this thread is genius but it made me sad to hear that biker wario > overalls wario. I mean comon, THE CLASSIC LOOK IS SO MUCH COOLER!
hahah but in any case, brilliant post, I haven't been here long but you seem to know what you're talking about PKNintendo =)

chetjan

Smash Cadet
now that i think about it it is true, i personally prefer the biker because of being able to see the waft easier

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Knew about all this, don't care about the bike outfit since I find it ugly and there is usually time stock matches in tournaments. Wario does indeed **** another Wario with grab release.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Any character can have an advantage against themselves because of port priority.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think biker wario should be banned... due to LAMENESS.
dont we all just use the classic anyways?
i dont think the outfit issue counts much with touny players. ive never seen a biker wario. lol

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Fools!

No player looks at the opponent all of the time. Thus when charging the waft Biker>overalls.

It's a small advantage.

Like 0.1

M15t3R E

Smash Master
That may be true considering your reasoning... but Wario is not alone.

I believe PT has the biggest advantages over himself since he has 3 forms. Sheik/Zelda is another example.

Top Bottom