• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Sensai

Smash Master
'White Fox': The reason why not is simple. It's because SquareEnix, and Final Fantasy in general, actually, could be better represented by someone else.

And you're right about Snake, I never would've expected him in. Do you know why? Because it was a game for ONLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS. If it had been a game for Nintendo characters and influential characters that were on a Nintendo console...then yes, he would've actually been very high up in the list. No, I don't want him there, but his being there (looking at it from that perspective) doesn't surprise me at all.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I still await the response to my question. So far its still all opionionated(Major spelling mistake I belive :chuckle:)

Also I have doubts that Snake would have been high on your list, and that your just trying to argue your case, although, beceause I am no mind reader, I will put those toughts to rest.

Please cointinue the discussion. :chuckle: I am much enjoying the comption, although this twenty to four rate does provide a bit of an annoyence...

That is speaking that you four are still here.:chuckle:

Jayy_Jayy

Smash Rookie
I still await the response to my question. So far its still all dopinionate(Major spelling mistake I belive :chuckle:)

Also I have doubts that Snake would have been high on your list, and that your just trying to argue your case, although, beceause I am no mind reader, I will put those toughts to rest.

Please cointinue the discussion. :chuckle: I am much enjoying the comption, although this twenty to four rate does provide a bit of an annoyence...

That is speaking that you four are still here.:chuckle:
humm would this be a fight?

Sensai

Smash Master
Jayy_Jayy, don't double post, and certainly don't triple post. Haha.

Seth (I saw you preferred to be called this): I don't make up points, and I certainly wouldn't lie on a forum just to try to impress someone I don't know/win an opinion-oriented arguement. But to say that I wouldn't have put Snake on there is...I don't even know the word, heh. Is it an attempt to be ignorant? No, not quite...I dunno, but you understand what I'm saying.

Snake would've certainly been put on my list, just because he's spawned so many games afterwards. How many other characters can say that they've single-handedly caused a series to move forward? I can name only a few, and the rest are all Nintendo characters with the exception of Sonic.

For these same reasons, Sonic would, and is, not on my list of highly expected people. Why? He didn't start on a Nintendo console, but rather became big, died down, and then surfaced on the said console.

[Edit:]

Realized I didn't address the one point I really wanted to. Here it is:

Of COURSE the reason was opinionated. How could it not have been? Anything anyone responds with to that question will be 100% opinion. No one's going to lay down a statistic saying it would sell less copies due to the fact that Cloud was in there, because the truth is that it wouldn't. Every single answer you get to that question will be an opinion.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
First off I aplogise, I am very defendent of my own intengrity, and didn't mean to offend yours.

Seccound:

DING DING DING

BINGO

Theres no way to say Cloud has no chance for Brawl, but theres also no way to say that Cloud has a chance for Brawl, aside from the joke told by some Square rep I forgot the name of...
(Someone asked, so Cloud won't be in Brawl? He jokeing answered: Well we havent gotten an offer!)
If anyone can find the quote its from some guy at IGN.
Anyway that all I wanted to hear, finally someone on the other side whom realizes it. :chuckle:

By the way, I'm only argueing beceause he DOES have a distinct chance of getting in. Nothing that no FF hater or FF fan can take away. If a character has even a tiny chance I will protect it, my point being don't assume I'm argueing beceause I'm some obsessed fan-boy, (Although I wont deny that I am) and I would defend any other character simmularly.

Jayy_Jayy

Smash Rookie
First off I aplogise, I am very defendent of my own intengrity, and didn't mean to offend yours.

Seccound:

DING DING DING

BINGO

Theres no way to say Cloud has no chance for Brawl, but theres also no way to say that Cloud has a chance for Brawl, aside from the joke told by some Square rep I forgot the name of...
(Someone asked, so Cloud won't be in Brawl? He jokeing answered: Well we havent gotten an offer!)
If anyone can find the quote its from some guy at IGN.
Anyway that all I wanted to hear, finally someone on the other side whom realizes it. :chuckle:

By the way, I'm only argueing beceause he DOES have a distinct chance of getting in. Nothing that no FF hater or FF fan can take away. If a character has even a tiny chance I will protect it, my point being don't assume I'm argueing beceause I'm some obsessed fan-boy, (Although I wont deny that I am) and I would defend any other character simmularly.
interesting

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Screw the FF7 cast, I want Shadow and Inteceptor if a FF character makes the cut...Or Kefka , and since thy appeared on the SNES they fit the requirements. Cloud was a minor/cameo character in both his gameboy outings, so The Main Char from FFTA and Sora have better chanecs then him.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, Cloud is cool and all, but...

Well, the guys making this game said that if they do include more 3rd party characters, that had to have at least appeared in a game for a Nintendo console. Cloud hasn't, except if you count that cameo appearence of Cloud in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memeories.

It's unlikely, that's all I'm saying, but, it's still a tiny bit possible (though it's a stretch).

fATBURNER

Smash Rookie
I think cloud would be great! but there are already three character with some kind of sword and if marth is added then cloud wont be needed. but I would be happy to see cloud in brawl

Stryks

Smash Hero
we got: Link, metaknight, pit (twin short swords), 2 FE guys minimum, ganondorf may have his sword of sages from tp...

just because we have a lot of sword wielders wont meant we cant have more, thats a lame exscuse, but still cloud wont be in brawl...

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
maybe, but there are a s***load of fist fighters. brawl could probably use another swordslinger. and also, i like the idea of how it would boost sales if cloud was included, since... well, it would.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
maybe, but there are a s***load of fist fighters. brawl could probably use another swordslinger. and also, i like the idea of how it would boost sales if cloud was included, since... well, it would.
Yeah, since people, particularly those who hang around GameFAQ.com, go crazy over Cloud...

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Well, Cloud... Cloud, I have to say is less likely than Sonic but more likely than some of the ideas I've been hearing... Especially, Crono. Square-Enix doesn't care about Chrono games anymore! Cloud DID appear on a Nintendo system, and that is all that counts. If fan demand is high enough, then Cloud WILL appear, but I'd caution about it until SSB4.

fATBURNER

Smash Rookie
If cloud is in brawl I will laugh at all of those who said that cloud wont be in it the game. There is no telling if he will or want just maybes.

Ps cloud rules your face

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, Cloud... Cloud, I have to say is less likely than Sonic but more likely than some of the ideas I've been hearing... Especially, Crono. Square-Enix doesn't care about Chrono games anymore! Cloud DID appear on a Nintendo system, and that is all that counts. If fan demand is high enough, then Cloud WILL appear, but I'd caution about it until SSB4.
Sqeenix may not care anymore... BUT WE DO! Long Live Chrono Trigger!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
A musician was confirmed from kingdom hearts...this may point to kingdom hearts characters being included so this is may be clouds chance and clouds chance is through kingdom hearts

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love to see Cloud in Brawl because I love him. It's not gonna happen and he wouldn't fit in at all. Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Actually it has been said by the guy who made Chrono Trigger that a possibly for another game is still out there.

Also, I don't see why Cloud would be in this game cause wasn't there recently a game shown at Square-Enix's show thing, showing a similar to smash-bros game featuring final fantasy chars ie Cloud?

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Actually it has been said by the guy who made Chrono Trigger that a possibly for another game is still out there.

Also, I don't see why Cloud would be in this game cause wasn't there recently a game shown at Square-Enix's show thing, showing a similar to smash-bros game featuring final fantasy chars ie Cloud?
What the hell? If there is something like that I'd be amazed.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Under the gamespot info on the squenix show they said the show opened with a video of a psp fighting type game similar to super smash bros where final fantasy chars were seen fighting each other.

Here is the quote:

"Once the throng settled and the obligatory warning against video recording was issued, the lights dimmed, and the first trailer began to unspool. With the sonorous strains of harp music playing in the background, the title "Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Exclusive Project" appeared on the screen. Then a trailer for the new PSP game Dissidia: Final Fantasy began, showing Final Fantasy I characters and FFIX's Zidane duking it out with foes such as FFVII's Sephiroth, Super Smash Bros. style. The game currently has no release date in Japan, let alone elsewhere."

And the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170645.html

Caael

Smash Lord
No, no, no, no and no again.

Cloud Strife not only has a very low chance of being in brawl as he is owned by square, but he isn't even a Nintendo exclusive character. If anybody mentions Snake, he was in because Kojima begged Sakurai for him to be in the game. I have heard nobody begging for cloud strife.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
No, no, no, no and no again.

Cloud Strife not only has a very low chance of being in brawl as he is owned by square, but he isn't even a Nintendo exclusive character. If anybody mentions Snake, he was in because Kojima begged Sakurai for him to be in the game. I have heard nobody begging for cloud strife.
Where'd you get the info that Mr Kojima "begged" Sakurai to put Snake in the game?

No where. Because it's not true - show some respect to other people.

Anyway, back on topic, sorry, No Cloud for Brawl. As much as I would love to see him in it....

PB&J

Smash Hero
i agree with caael..hes not going to be in it.....it will be nice though but if chrono's in it and sora who cares thats to many swords..plus ike is going to be in it who needs more characters with swords

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Where'd you get the info that Mr Kojima "begged" Sakurai to put Snake in the game?

No where. Because it's not true - show some respect to other people.
Actually, Sakurai did say Kojima "practically begged" him to put Snake in. Sakurai and Kojima are good friends though so don't get him wrong, he's not dissing Kojima or anything.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
no ****ing way cloud is gonna be in brawl. they too busy making rpgs...uhh...rpgs. one mistake could end the ff series. also, pplz hav 2 pay nintendo to hav chars in the game(besides nintendo chars cuz its nintendo), not nintendo paying others. see, if sakurai puts in a char from another company, he would represent that company. if he had to pay, the other company would get more money. that means TOO BAD. square enix is not paying.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Sakurai did say Kojima "practically begged" him to put Snake in. Sakurai and Kojima are good friends though so don't get him wrong, he's not dissing Kojima or anything.
Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake in Melee, but they were too far along in the process of making the game so he didn't put snake in. So he said in the next installment he would put snake in.

Top Bottom