• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
CLOUD STRIFE DOES NOT BELONG IN BRAWL.

Just saw this thread and decided to say something even though its very established and im sure people have already told you all this.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Your yourself are makeing yourself sound like a obsessive fanboy for Marth. Its becomeing as anoying as some of these obsessive Cloud fans.
A) Please stop posting about Marth in a Cloud thred.
B) If you must shoot down the idea of Cloud please add a relvent reason(That has NOT been stated before) why.

Also your not makeing sence. "Games that have had such an impact on the VG community that not only have they sparked national fame." You belive Final fantasy seven has not done this?

You say this game isent revolutionary? My friend you are in denial.

Nice post but this part of your post is, no-offence, really stupid. Sakuri said himself no characters who aren't in a nintendo game. So eaither way they wouldent be in.
1. read the post above mine, and you'll notice I didn't bring up Marth. He did. I merely defended him.

2. I never said FF7 wasn't revolutionary. I enjoyed most of the storyline, music, and characters. However, I despised Cloud and Sephiroth, and ironically enough, they're the ones who became popular. And though the FF series is revolutionary, they have made mistakes in the past.

I'm calling the entire Fire Emblem series revolutionary because the guy who posted above me (I don't know what page it's on) said Fire Emblem characters were polluting SSBB. Naturally, I defended it. I want to see more Fire Emblem characters, not just Marth. I appreciate the series for its mixture of strategy, character building, and storyling. And I am NOT about to sit here while a wonderful Nintendo made series, a series that not only deserves to be in SSBB, but BELONGS in SSBB is put down while a fanboy calls an entire gaming series great for one game. The Final Fantasy series isn't limited to just FF7 you know.

Go back and read it yourself. You're quick to jump all over anyone who wants Cloud out of the game, yet you yourself look like an embarassing example of a fanboy to me.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
"Embarassing example of a fanboy." "Quick to jump all over anyone." All I did is state the facts. I'm not trying to be rude at all, so sorry if it came as that way, but you ARE being exicevly negitive about Cloud. Your very sig proves that correct. Also I NEVER said Fire Emblem wasent a fantastic serise. I infact have spent many play hours and tinkered with many sprites from the series. All I was doing was the exact thing you were doing with marth: defending him. If you belive it is fanboyish to simple defend a cause or character then almost everybody here is a fanboy and you would be a hyprocryte for calling me one.

Look I know you have your views, and I have mine, but for the sake of a good discussion can we please just take the hate out of the responces and keep whatever logic is left here in this thred?

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I never realised this forum was dominated by nintendo fanboys, but I guess I shouldn't be suprised. I think it'd be awesome to see cloud in brawl, advent children made it seem as if the ff7 world had similar physics to those of the smash bros world. I dont understand the idea some here are expressing that cloud would destroy the smash bros magic - more than snake? well, it may be true, they're both way too cool for a nintendo game anyway :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
cloud would be cool in brawl but maybe 2 powerful
Quick question: Where Mewtwo and Ganondorf too powerful in Melee?

Anyways, Seth we all know FF7 is a very good game. IIRC it's the best Final Fantasy ever made right? And being the best Final Fantasy does say alot, since it's one of the most populair and best franchises of all consoles. Ofcoarse we can't deny that FF7 wasn't good.

But still... Cloud isn't a good candidate for Smash Bros. Mainly because he's a 3rd party character from a franchise that has alot other, and better suited characters with more connection to Nintendo for Brawl.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Asides from the fact that Cloud really didn't have a good appearance on a Nintendo console, I think the Black Mage could have a bigger chance than Cloud. Cloud Strife is overrated, I believe the popularity of the Black Mage is far greater than Cloud's.

But anyway, this is for the Cloud fanboys:

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I never realised this forum was dominated by nintendo fanboys, advent children made it seem as if the ff7 world had similar physics to those of the smash bros world.
Oh man, what are you smoking?
I don't think we need both nintendo fanboys and Square fanboys in here.

and btw, Basch+ Balthier > Cloud

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Asides from the fact that Cloud really didn't have a good appearance on a Nintendo console, I think the Black Mage could have a bigger chance than Cloud. Cloud Strife is overrated, I believe the popularity of the Black Mage is far greater than Cloud's.

But anyway, this is for the Cloud fanboys:

Oh for ****'s sake don't encourage them. >_<

Doval

Smash Lord
Oh man, what are you smoking?
I don't think we need both nintendo fanboys and Square fanboys in here.

and btw, Basch+ Balthier > Cloud
In all fairness, while I do hate the idea of throwing Cloud into Brawl (ugh...as much as I love FFVII, I hate how every single freaking person on the internet wants to be Cloud Strife and/or Sephiroth) you have to admit that the "physics" of the fights in Advent Children ARE pretty Smash-esque. A perfect example is the ever-so-popular image of Tifa "teching" the church wall, but there are others.

Screw Cloud Strife. Give me Fighter or Black Mage. Hell, I'd take a Moomba or a Moogle over Cloud Strife.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
omg what is wrong with everyone cloud is not going to be in brawl !!!!!!!!:mad: if they put him in it will totaly ruin the game completely clouds for rpgs but not brawl:mad: he will not be in this game do not believe anyone else if they say he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
From the translations from Sakurai:

Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform.

Re-release FFVII remade on the DS/Wii and then, sure, we can have Cloud in Brawl.

Otherwise, give us Edgar Verona with a special attack called "Womanize".

Or, FFS, give us Mog the Moogle from FFVI:

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
From the translations from Sakurai:

Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform.

Re-release FFVII remade on the DS/Wii and then, sure, we can have Cloud in Brawl.

Otherwise, give us Edgar Verona with a special attack called "Womanize".

Or, FFS, give us Mog the Moogle from FFVI:
Smash brother, you are one of the many who are completly ignoreing the other posts in this thred. CLOUD HAS BEEN IN KINGDOM FU**IN HEARTS CHAIN OF FU**ING MEMORIES FROM NOW ON IF ANYONE ENTERS THIS THRED WITH THIS ARGUMENT I WILL NEG REP THEM FOR THE REST OF MY & YOUR LIFE!!!

I'm really sory for the explosion, but even the Cloud not in Brawl people must agree that these forum newbies comeing in and saying this HAS to be getting on your nerves. Am I right?

PS: No beceause of that explosion doesent make me a hardcore Cloud fanboy. I means I'm pissed that people keep asking this so don't use my argument as ammunition. It will simply be ignored and, if I'm in a realy bad mood, neg repped.

PPS: Although I am a fan of the game. :chuckle:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It wouldn't happen for CoM alone. Trust me.

Characters appearing in SSBB are bargaining chips. Don't think for a SECOND that Nintendo won't get something from Snake being in the game.

Remember when Nintendo had Silicon Knights develop MGS:TS for the cube, which Konami saw profit from? At first it looked like Konami was getting a pretty sweet deal for nothing. Then, Mario DDR showed up (which sold REALLY well, actually) as that was the second half of their bargain.

Nintendo WILL get something from Snake being in SSBB, likely the MGS game after MGS 4 (even if it's a prequel) or Kojima's next franchise.

A silly little button masher with a FF cast party like CoM does NOT warrant the placement of Cloud in SSBB, not when Nintendo knows they could get so much more from Square.

Now, like I said, a FFVII remake on Wii? NOW we're talking.

If THAT is announced, yes, I can expect to see Cloud in the game because that FFVII remake will sell an iron-SH*TLOAD of Wiis, especially in Japan.

A spinoff game on a Nintendo console? Meh, I just don't see it being enough to warrant Nintendo inviting Cloud into Brawl, not when they could trade Cloud's presence for a FFVII remake on the Wii.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
HOLY F*CKING CRAPICLES, SETH IZ BAK!!!!!!!!!
......HOLY F*CKING MOMTICLES, I aM BAKC!!!!111
and dang, t' cloud thread has been seriously been going downhill when I was gone. *sigh*

I guess I should, PERHAPS, get some new material for this pro-cloud post.

I'm just gonna add a little possibility here, and that is my first piece of ammunition:
POSSIBILITY!
brawl isn't coming out until summer-fall 2007. thats one approx. whole year. anything can happen. ANYTHING. the next ff7 game could be on a nintendo system. you deny me? well lets look at this: there's final fantasy 12: revanent wings. FFXII came on the ps2, and ps2 only. not on gamecube, but ps2. now heres the thing, wouldn't a handheld spinoff of ffXII be on the PSP? after all, it is the only logical choice. at least, according to most people's logic here. but guess what. FFXIIRW came out on theNINTENDO DS WTF, how da hell did it end up on the ds if the main game was on the PS2? heres the thing, the ds is MUCH more popular then the psp. the ds had the luck to come out first, and while graphically inferior, still managed to be the favorite of the handheld gamers. its like this, 3rd party companies are attracted to the more popular systems. the gamecube failed so badly because it was unpopular. thats why most 3rd party games that were at first supposed to be only for the gamecube soon flocked toward the ps2 since gamecubeland was an awfully deserted land. being that, according to the internets and googlefights, the wii is more popular than ps3, it looks like more companies will flock for the wii if you need further proof, then check this out. rockstar games at first said they were only going to support sony systems with GTA. and ONLY SONY. now look at vice city. a while after it's release, an Xbox and pc port for the game was made. then came san andreas. it too got a pc/xbox port. but now look. THE NEXT-GEN GTA IS GETTING A SIMULTANIOUS PS3/360 RELEASE.

simply, it seems a bit unlikely that cloud and friends will only be on PS systems. I mean, square is only making 2 sony titles. however, nintendo fans are getting, um, 5 I belive?
I'm not exactly saying, "ZOMGZ, TEH FF7 HAS TO BEEN ON TEH NINTEENDO CONSUL!" but I'm just throwing this out there fo' yall. given the immense popularity of ff7, and being that the crappy dirge of cerberus side game selled so well, it's likely that ff7 is still sailin' smooth. and who knows? something might happen. not saying that it WILL happen, but if you ask me it seems somewhat likely. after all CoM proved that cloud was not limited to ps systems. heck, I'm sure if back then nintendo used the more powerful disks for the n64, ff7 would certainly be on the n64.
and even if ff7 cant appear on a nintendo system by the time brawl comes, square might just pull a little something to surprise us. after all, it is square's choice which character they put in brawl. cloud is the most iconic.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Actually, Moogles and Chocobos are the true icons of FF.

And, of course, Cid.

From what I understand, Square has gone on record as saying they don't want to remake FFVII, but that could change with the right offer from Nintendo.

A FFVII game on the Wii and Cloud's inclusion in Brawl would be mutually beneficial: all the FF fans would buy Brawl and all the Nintendo fans would buy FFVII.

Win win.

We have far better odds of a FFXII character due to the FFXII sequel on the DS.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
The popularity of Cloud Strife is highly overrated. Everybody knows Black Mage has the highest chance of beeing in, because everybody secretly is fan of Black Mage. I mean, a lot of people orgasmed when they heard that Black Mage was in Mario Basket 3 on 3 / Mario Hoops 3 on 3 / Mario Slam Basketball.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
terrible sentences make me sad.

w/e. tirkaro glad to see you back. logic prevails once again. Even if I do disagee with you it's good to see new ideas brought to the topic.

still dont get why cloud is so popular but meh.

omgitsfootstool

Smash Rookie
seriously guys.

cloud in ssbbwould be awsome. if nintendo puts him in, which they should the sales would sky rocket, so wouldnt it be a smart move.

i also say to throw sephiroth in their for some awsome grudge matches

Sharingan

Smash Rookie
As much as I love Final Fantasy, if anything I'd rather have them put in an old school character like Locke, Terra, Cecil, or even goes as far back as just Fighter or Thief from the first FF. Keep the rest of the FF cast out of it, people talk enough trash of it being a sell out series.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
Evan if Square did decide to remake FFVII on the Wii, chances are that They've decided the final roster by now. So I think it's safe to assume that it's too late to add any new characters.

D

Deleted member

No.

Worringly, I've heard rumors that he might include Cloud (I'm praying this is his way of saying magic swordsmen are included; ie Isaac and Felix).

Seriously, if you're looking for a Nintendo Cloud, look at Link, then Isaac.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
personally, i think any non-nintendo character inclusion will be hilarious. i wouldn't give a **** if they put sora in this game, and i think KH is ****ing ******** as hell. it will be amusing.

let's add like 5,000 characters, i couldn't care less. i mean come on would any of you actually be mad if character x from game y was included? you might think "LOL WHY IS THIS CHARACTER IN THE GAME" but surely you wouldn't be like "OMFG NINTENDO SUX THIS GAME SUX". amirite? anyone who is showing a great level of displeasure toward any character inclusion should probably rethink their priorities.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I like Cloud...he isn't my favorite FF character, but he is still cool. But no...I think it would be a cold day in hell before Cloud got a Brawl spot.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue if someone brought this up already, but if cloud would use both hands to grasp his sword, how would he pick up items?

to that last comment, if solid snake gets a spot, cloud has a hell-of-a-lot better chance than when hell freezes over.

Stryks

Smash Hero
not really, snake had to appearances in a nintendo console, maybe more, cloud only had a cameo appearance in he kingdom hearts game on the GBA I believe, he has a low LOW chance...

Tezuka Zone

Smash Cadet
Cloud has a better chance of making it in to brawl then black mage or any other ff character due to what nintendo and square have to gain from each other. Say square gives SSBB Cloud for a few million, but in return they put the next final fantasy on nintendo or the nintendo and the ps3, as a result nintendo gives square a larger portion of the profits from sales for final fantasy on the wii. While this arguement works for any final fantasy character what character has most people clamoring when someone says final fantasy? Its not black mage, cid, chocobo, or even zidane or squall. ff7 sold i think 7 million copies last time i checked i think it is the best selling ff game(im probley wrong) but if he bolstered sales buy a mil, or even 500000 of his "fan boys" and "fan girls" bought the game cause he was in it. Would the ends not justify the means? More people exposed to smash; nintendo gets there money and square gets theirs and has expanded on to 2 consols in the end everyones a winner as long as brawl delivers exelent and competitive gameplay.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah well FF7 was on the PSone, not a nintendo console, so the ONLY appearance cloud has is the cameo appearance from kingdom hearts for the gba... doesnt matter if the game sold more than any other FF game, it wasnt on a nintendo console, thus doesnt count...

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^ agree, I like cloud, hell i have him in my avatar, and I find him to be awesome, but not for smash, I take bck all the hopes I use to have, cause it aint gonna happen...

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

I know exactly what you mean. I see it as more of a symbol, though, and not an actual character addition. Sure, he'll be played, but it'll be the same if any SquareEnix character gets in, too: showing the bond between said company and Nintendo.

If I knew that SquareEnix would begin supporting Nintendo as much as they did in the days of the SNES, I'd say that they can have 5 characters in...even Cloud.

Tezuka Zone

Smash Cadet
Umm... dont misunderstand i dont care if he gets in im just saying it is possible, if you look at it from the buisness aspect. I couldnt care less even if they made him the sand bag.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Cloud wasent in a cameo it was a auctual part of the game, Sakuri never said cameos didn't count anyway, Seperoth can't be in there beceause he hasent even had a cameo, Cloud "being for Brawl" isent an isshue I'd bet $20 that people would have said that of Snake aswell, and finally I leave you with one question that I dare you to answer without useing hard facts. A question cointaining only two simple words.

Why not?

(PS: the reason this rant is so much shorter then most of my rants are beceause no one reads any more then 5 pages into a topic anyway. And don't take it the wrong way, I highly respect your banner skills, Stryks, and the rest of you look like intelgent posters, but can you honestly think of a reason why not?)

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Cloud wasent in a cameo it was a auctual part of the game, Sakuri never said cameos didn't count anyway, Seperoth can't be in there beceause he hasent even had a cameo, Cloud "being for Brawl" isent an isshue I'd bet $20 that people would have said that of Snake aswell, and finally I leave you with one question that I dare you to answer without useing hard facts. A question cointaining only two simple words.

Why not?

(PS: the reason this rant is so much shorter then most of my rants are beceause no one reads any more then 5 pages into a topic anyway. And don't take it the wrong way, I highly respect your banner skills, Stryks, and the rest of you look like intelgent posters, but can you honestly think of a reason why not?)
I read it. ;)

Well basically, I wouldn't mind Cloud being in it, would love it actually - but seriously, odds aren't too high. I think Crono would be a better RPG guy to be in it.

Top Bottom