• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
And rinaoh looks like Rinoah, who is hotter than tifa, or in this case, Tirkaro's mom >.<
Cloud... No, just no... He's not even the best RPG character ever... I consider Vivi a better RPG character than Cloud, okay? He is nothing compared to Cecil or Kain IMO :p.

CLOUD DOES NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS, SQUARE CHARACTERS DO NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.
Tifa IS hotter than Rinoah for the record, and all Final Fantasy Character's are s*** when compared to Cyan and Sabin from FFVI. Those two would own Cecil, Kain, Cloud and his BF Sephiroth. Can't no one **** with them especially Cloud's overated ***.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Tifa IS hotter than Rinoah for the record, and all Final Fantasy Character's are s*** when compared to Cyan and Sabin from FFVI. Those two would own Cecil, Kain, Cloud and his BF Sephiroth. Can't no one **** with them especially Cloud's overated ***.
Cait Sith (the only GOOD character from FFVII) and Cyan ( I must admit, he is one uber-pimp) > All other FF Characters

Rinoah is hotter than Tifa case closed, END OF DISCUSSION!

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
Are you serious about Cait Sith:confused: (kinda hard to see ??? over the head) Cyan was pimp though.:chuckle:

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Cait sith is meh. I think u only like him cuz giant moogle lol.

If any Final Fantasy Characters, I vote Faris! (FFV) Come on, he's a pirate, and he has a pet dragon that piulls his ship because he's too awesome to actually sail.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
hey hemi when you say youre girl looks like tifa, is that with or without the lights on? lol j/k any way, clouds sword would have too much range, but i think it would be crazy if he could grab and do a metoer attack on his opponent, kinda like mewtwo, but coming down instead of going up

GerarRv

Smash Rookie
hmm Ami perfectly seems to me that cloud entraria in Brawl. I have my own ideologia, nintendo ah been giving ah knowledge that thinks to expand with its Wii Console, and because not to begin making good relations. And Although Cloud is an icon in consoles of Sony, We remember that Snake also is it and Watch that gave the face!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
hey hemi when you say youre girl looks like tifa, is that with or without the lights on? lol j/k any way, clouds sword would have too much range, but i think it would be crazy if he could grab and do a metoer attack on his opponent, kinda like mewtwo, but coming down instead of going up
No, my girl friend looks like Rinoah. Cloud's sword would either be good or bad depending on how hre would be developed. IF he was put in and was cheap, FF7 fanbopys wopulodm be like "OMG!!111!!!! CLOUD ROXORZ THE SOXORS!!!1111!111!!!". If he was bad, they would go like "OMG!!! WHY DID THEY RUIN CLOUD T_T I'M GONNA GO EMO!!111!!!!!!" either way, it would be as annoying as hell.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
No, my girl friend looks like Rinoah. Cloud's sword would either be good or bad depending on how hre would be developed. IF he was put in and was cheap, FF7 fanbopys wopulodm be like "OMG!!111!!!! CLOUD ROXORZ THE SOXORS!!!1111!111!!!". If he was bad, they would go like "OMG!!! WHY DID THEY RUIN CLOUD T_T I'M GONNA GO EMO!!111!!!!!!" either way, it would be as annoying as hell.
Aren't the Sevies emo to begin with? :laugh:

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
They dress that way to make them feel like Cloud, but they'd probably be cutting themselves if they nerfed Cloud :laugh:

Cloud is too overrated, and Cait Sith is too underated :ohwell:
That's because Cait Sith is the second sorriest character in the FF series, Gau was #1 because he got his *** handed to him too many times by the sorriest enemies.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Cait sith is probably the best char in VII.

Then again, that's a very biased opinion. Cuz I went from loving seven, to kinda likeing it, to being annoyed by it, and now it just pisses me off.

Freakin fanboys.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lol I love ffvii and yeah I'm boreder line fanboy. my favorite ff game is probably 4..>_> cecile = cool. I hate 8 ****ing emo kid. <_< 9 was definatly one of my favorites

oh and to be on topic. **** Cloud he's sony not nintendo.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Dude... 8 freakin owned. Squall wasnt emo he was awesome. There was no depression he just had an "everyone leave me the **** alone" attitude.

Yea maybe there was a sappy love story going on, but hey at least the main plot was interesting. Unlike VII. "AHHH GIANT ROCK!"

PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY V AND VI!

bbb

Smash Champion
Nerd Fight!!!!
(though the fact that I beat FF1 with only white mages is pretty nerdy too)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That's because Cait Sith is the second sorriest character in the FF series, Gau was #1 because he got his *** handed to him too many times by the sorriest enemies.
Exactly my point. No one bothers to play as Cait Sith. His lottery limit break can be pretty devastating, not to mention if it wasn't for Cait Sith, they never would have gotten the Black MAteria from the temple

EDIT: Irvine was the best character in VIII. And yes, people need to play V and VI

Smashing Good Time

Smash Rookie
To everyone who says Cloud has nothing to do with Nintendo can just shut up. Square and Nintendo are "buddys". Where did the first six FF games come out on? Nintendo. Who made the Mario RPG game? Square. So Cloud himself I guess doesn't have anything to do with Nintendo. But Nintendo has every right to be able to put him on there. They would just have to ask Square and share profit with them. It would actually be a smart move on Nintendos part. All the crazed fan-boys would by this game. They would also buy the Wii just to play this game. Thus, racking in much more money for Nintendo and some for Square.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
To everyone who says Cloud has nothing to do with Nintendo can just shut up. Square and Nintendo are "buddys". Where did the first six FF games come out on? Nintendo. Who made the Mario RPG game? Square. So Cloud himself I guess doesn't have anything to do with Nintendo. But Nintendo has every right to be able to put him on there. They would just have to ask Square and share profit with them. It would actually be a smart move on Nintendos part. All the crazed fan-boys would by this game. They would also buy the Wii just to play this game. Thus, racking in much more money for Nintendo and some for Square.
THANK YOU!!!!111 thats the smartest comment on this topic so far! plus rep for you :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
That should shut up Cloud haters... very well said!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
True, true, but odds are that Geno will fill up the squareenix slot. If SquareEnix gives Geno to Nintendo as a "Nintendo Newcomer" because he technially is from the Nintendo universe, that could leave theirm 3-Rd party spot open. I'd like to see Cloud after Crono, or at least have crono being considered

No, I'm not a Cloud hater, I really like FF7, but I don't think it's the best FF game ever made, and I like Cait Sith more.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
True, true, but odds are that Geno will fill up the squareenix slot. If SquareEnix gives Geno to Nintendo as a "Nintendo Newcomer" because he technially is from the Nintendo universe, that could leave theirm 3-Rd party spot open. I'd like to see Cloud after Crono, or at least have crono being considered

No, I'm not a Cloud hater, I really like FF7, but I don't think it's the best FF game ever made, and I like Cait Sith more.
they should give geno to nintendo. then all the nintendo fanboys can stop saying "0MG! GENO TO2LY PWNZ TH4T STOOPID CLOUD, CUZ CLOUD IS TEH SUXORZ, SO STOP SAIYING ANY OTHER SQUAIRE CHARACTER W1LL BE IN CUZ IT WILL BE GENO U ST00PID NUBCAKE!!!"

cuz, GOD if I have to hear "geno" one more time I'm gonna eat everyone on this board

The Bino

Smash Lord
If they put Cloud into the game (highly doubtful) then that would mean that Sephiroth would have to go into it.... now here is the downside to Sephiroth.... he would be the cheapest char in the game if put into it... cheaper then Marth... Sephiroths sword is like 3x longer than Marths and that would just make it mad cheap

tirkaro

Smash Champion
If they put Cloud into the game (highly doubtful) then that would mean that Sephiroth would have to go into it.... now here is the downside to Sephiroth.... he would be the cheapest char in the game if put into it... cheaper then Marth... Sephiroths sword is like 3x longer than Marths and that would just make it mad cheap
umm, no it wouldn't. as much as I want to see a sephiroth vs pit fight, we only need one character to rep square, and thats cloud.....or at least crono, since he's the closest thing to cloud.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
What I'm about to post is completly unbiased, wether you like it or not. Many of you will not, but as is the truth.

1) Cloud is ALMOST to Square as Mario is to Nintendo- The reason I say almost is beceause Square hasen't quite hored Cloud as much as Nintendo has Mario as of late. (Yes Cloud fans, Cloud is a hore. So is Sonic, Snake, Mario, and Master Chief. Deal with it.)

A: Square oviously favors Cloud to other Final Fantasys. As much as many of them
dirserve to have there own movie, or multiple game series, they don't.

B: The majority of Final Fantasy fans oviously favor Cloud as well. Why do you think
Cloud is being hored as of late?

2) EVERY FF main character is emo. Yes my friends Squall, Cecil, Cloud, Tidus, ALL OF THEM are emo. Also deal with this, and don't use it as a excuse to cut someones FF chracter sugestion.

3)GunBlade > Buster Sword BUT GunBlade DOES NOT > 7-Edge.(XD Ok that was biased, and is not a fact.)

THE REAL 3) Final Fantasy 7 was a revolution in FF gameing. It brought 3D worlds and some amazing(For its time mind you) Graphics. I won't say 7 has the most in-deph story as that isent a fact, BUT I've never heard FF8 be called "One of the only RPGs that have made gamers cry". Oviously some in-depth story line must have been made to have this happen.(By the way comeppareing a meator to a big rock is like compareing a genocide to a fight, or the distruction of a planet to a firework. It just doesen't work.)

4) Wether you like him or hate him, if you want a FF character they'll have eather the beging of it all for nogilista (I belive that is how you spell it) like Fighter or Black Mage. Or there most famous. Which is oviously Cloud.

5) Cloud being famous is not a mere opoion, it is a fact. Even the worse FF HATER out there know who he is. (And desipise his name for makeing the serises even more infamous for them)

6) For those of you who STILL don't know: Sakuri has decided that to be elegible for Brawl the character MUST have one apperence in an outside game. AN APPERENCE NOT A STARING!! Cloud has appeared in KH: COM for the Gameboy Advance. Which makes him elegbale. However Leon has olso made an apperence in the same game(But his part was much shorter.), and many other suggested characters were on the nes or snes. These are elegbal characters.

A: Not elegable characters I've heard suggested include Tidus, Auron, and Waka.

B: Seporoth is discuofied(Wow I murdered that word) Beceause of this.

I am FAR from saying that other or other square-enix characters FF characters are worse. I am FAR from saying that other FF or other square-enix characters are undeserving. I infact don't want Cloud in Brawl, but its blantely ovoious that if Square were to organise a deal with Nintendo for a newcomer, it will be bewteen Cloud, Black Mage, or Fighter. However sense Nintendo has used up its nogilica slot(Pit) They will most likely sway tword Cloud.

I still however say: Geno for Brawl, and Cloud for the nect game!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Plus the fact that Sephiroth doesn't have the loophole qualification that Cloud does - having appeared on a Nintendo platform. It is still highly unlikely though, as Cloud was involved in what Yamaguchi-san called "The Great Betrayal" but who knows, maybe putting Cloud in SSBB would be symbolic of the two companies finally having come to terms. I would still like Chrono or Magus in first though...

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Stryks your the kind of person who gives amo to haters. That kind post is comonly refered to as spam, and is probally why you have 950 posts. It is nice to show enthusen for something, but please be productive and don't make like 2-5 word posts. Posts like that just make make haters create sterotypes for the topic in question. I don't mean to sound rude, the last thing on my mind is a flame war, but please no 2 word posts.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U didnt wanted to sound rude? Well u ahve a weird way of triying to avoid that, I dont wanna start a war of why Cloud should be in brawl, I got on a little war a few days ago with sper col, and with bowserlick for the last month, so I didnt wanted to say anything to piss off these haters, so I just said what i think about Cloud being in brawl: Cloud FTW!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Geno for Brawl,

(this is the last time I use that image, I swear.)

but, yeah, I'm sure if square contributes, they're gonna say
SQUARE:"hay, put cloud in the game!"
SAKURAI: "nah, we want geno"
SQUARE: "WTF!? forget it! we'll just sell u geno so we can put in cloud. now put in cloud! :mad: "
SAKURAI:"lol, kthx =)"

at least, thats what we all hope....which is pretty unlikely, being that if sakurai has common sense, he'll agree to cloud without question.

of course what would be even better is if square REMAKES the original FF7, for the DS as a loophole to put him in brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Snakes coming in on his own, so why wouldn't Cloud.

But yeah, SquareEnix, SELL NINTENDO GENO, MALLOW AND Co. DAMMIT!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
just for those non-belivers:

after looking at his buster sword, it seems pretty large. they might have to lighten it a bit for it to fit in smash

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
just for those non-belivers:

after looking at his buster sword, it seems pretty large. they might have to lighten it a bit for it to fit in smash
Probably be about...... maybe a tad longer than Marth's blade, but thicker?

Y'know, I'm really starting to accept the idea for Cloud in Brawl now :) Better than Sora.

Top Bottom