• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Wow, and here I thought I wouldent be seeing much Cloud support here. ^^

The fact that Cloud isent on Sakuri's list, however, probally means he doesent have much of a chance, but as I have stated unpteen times I belive he should be in the next game(after Brawl) anyway.

Doorman: Are you on the list?
Cloud: Um check reservation for Strife.
Doorman: Nope not on the list.
Cloud: -.-;
Doorman: Oh wait here it is, come back in two years.
Cloud: -.-;;;;;
*pulls out 2 Swords.*
Doorman: O.o Shure you can come in early.
Cloud: ^_^ Thanks.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The fact that Cloud isent on Sakuri's list, however, probally means he doesent have much of a chance, but as I have stated unpteen times I belive he should be in the next game(after Brawl) anyway.
um, I dont think theres GOING to be a next smash bros. I think brawl will just keep supporting itself for infinity with its online thingy and sakurai said he doesn't like making sequels. and who knows WHEN the next smash is gonna be :dizzy:

The Bino

Smash Lord
look at mainly all the games that have sequels.... fighting games only can keep gettin better to a certain extent.... after that it just becomes repettitive and annoying.... the max a fighting game is supposed to have is 3... this would be the 3rd game for Smash.... if they keep trying to make it better (which they don't really have to) it will just end up like Street Fighter games... repettitive and annoying... also the only thing that they really would have to add to other Smash games (except Brawl, since it's being completely built from ground up) is to add more chars.... thats it

Maverick69

Smash Ace
personally i dont find the street fighter franchise repetitive and annoying.

Also, can you honestly say you would ever get bored witha smash game? people have been playing melee for years and if anything its popularity has INCREASED!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
personally i dont find the street fighter franchise repetitive and annoying.

Also, can you honestly say you would ever get bored witha smash game? people have been playing melee for years and if anything its popularity has INCREASED!
To this day it's still on the monthly top 10 sale charts for GC games. Who doesn't own it already? Anyways, SF is not boring or repetitive.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
This is just gonna be short sweet and to the point, as I'm a bit tired and want to rest.

People? Can you REALLY compare Smash brothers to another game?

This is not a chalange so don't be mad I'm quite serious. Can anyone of you that can compare Smash to another game at, lets say, a human-goriolla type of relationship.

For those of you who don't get the analogy: a game that is only different by means of visuals.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Visuals have barely anything to the game of Smash.... it is all bout the gameplay... for me it's all bout gameplay... i couldn't care what the graphics looks like... as long as the game is crazy hot i will play it....

I say that Street Fighter is annoying and repettitive for one reason... wha really has been improved on in SF Series... the combos, parries, and a couple of other things.... don't flame me cuz i haven't stayed up on SF since SFA3... cuz i would say i have played the others and i don't like the way they play... SFA3 was the best ever IMO.... but anyway i only really say that it is annoying and repettitive cuz its basically the same thing as the others that released... just lil differences

The main games that are extremely annoying to me is the SPORTS GAMES.... i don't see the reason to go out and buy a Madden Game every year... it just don't make sense to me... I don't like SPORTS GAMES really, i have MVPB 2005.... and i will play that for the next 2-3 yrs.... or maybe til Wii Sports comes out... new idea, means a newer game that should be a different experience IMO.... but back to the topic at hand..... Cloud For Brawl convo.... continue

Smashing Good Time

Smash Rookie
but, yeah, I'm sure if square contributes, they're gonna say
SQUARE:"hay, put cloud in the game!"
SAKURAI: "nah, we want geno"
SQUARE: "WTF!? forget it! we'll just sell u geno so we can put in cloud. now put in cloud! :mad: "
SAKURAI:"lol, kthx =)"

at least, thats what we all hope....which is pretty unlikely, being that if sakurai has common sense, he'll agree to cloud without question.
Sweet screen play. Yes. WE all wish that would happen. It would put two pretty cool charachters in the game. Sakurai is a pretty smart guy. How else could he have came out with so many best-sellers?

Smashing Good Time

Smash Rookie
Visuals have barely anything to the game of Smash.... it is all bout the gameplay... for me it's all bout gameplay... i couldn't care what the graphics looks like... as long as the game is crazy hot i will play it....
Very True. I love SSB for its crazy battles. They could be stick figures and I would still play. Oh wait. One is...

I say that Street Fighter is annoying and repettitive for one reason... wha really has been improved on in SF Series... the combos, parries, and a couple of other things.... don't flame me cuz i haven't stayed up on SF since SFA3... cuz i would say i have played the others and i don't like the way they play... SFA3 was the best ever IMO.... but anyway i only really say that it is annoying and repettitive cuz its basically the same thing as the others that released... just lil differences
I have never realised any changes in these games at all. The graphics get better but thats about it. It gets pretty dull after a while. The only thing I like about it is saying "Hadokun" over and over.

The main games that are extremely annoying to me is the SPORTS GAMES.... i don't see the reason to go out and buy a Madden Game every year... it just don't make sense to me... I don't like SPORTS GAMES really, i have MVPB 2005.... and i will play that for the next 2-3 yrs.... or maybe til Wii Sports comes out... new idea, means a newer game that should be a different experience IMO.... but back to the topic at hand..... Cloud For Brawl convo.... continue
Sports games stink. They are pretty much all the same. My friend bought Madden `05 and `06. The only difference we could find was the menus looked a bit different.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman

I don't that my point came accross very well. I completly agree graphice don't matter to me at all, but what I was trying to get accross is that no other fighting game plays gameplay wise to smash brothers. What I ment was for someone to tell me if a game existed that was comepareable to smash with just different characters or something. I think the closest one I've heard of is "Jump superstars" and thats a ***(<-what the heck all I did was type J A P is that word so bad) realise only on the ds.

Long story short, there isent a game that can compare to current smash brothers or that will compare to brawl.

The Bino

Smash Lord
they released the Jump Superstars for GC... its called Warrior Stadium DON or something like that... i believe that the Naruto games are mad fun... its probably the 2nd best fighter game out there... i am talkin bout the Japanese version... 3 & 4

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
they released the Jump Superstars for GC... its called Warrior Stadium DON or something like that... i believe that the Naruto games are mad fun... its probably the 2nd best fighter game out there... i am talkin bout the Japanese version... 3 & 4
no they didn't. they released "Battle Stadium D.O.N", meaning "Dragon Ball", "One Piece", "Naruto", it was released on the GC and PS2, and it can't hold a candle to Jump Superstars, which is the 2nd best 2D fighter ever made.

And where did this come from? the best smash Bros style game was dream-Mix Fighters, which also stared solid snake as a playable character.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
no they didn't. they released "Battle Stadium D.O.N", meaning "Dragon Ball", "One Piece", "Naruto", it was released on the GC and PS2, and it can't hold a candle to Jump Superstars, which is the 2nd best 2D fighter ever made.

And where did this come from? the best smash Bros style game was dream-Mix Fighters, which also stared solid snake as a playable character.
I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide. Jump Superstars is not the best 2D fighter ever made. If you say that, you must realize that you are comparing it to anything in the Gulty Gear series (especially Guilty Gear XX and it's many updates, which by itself blows JSS out of the water), Street Fighter series,(of which, IMO, SF3 stands alone) and the King of Fighters series (And all of the SNK fighters with it). If you even begin to think it's the best 2D fighter on the DS, then let me tell you about a little game called Bleach DS.

Yes, JSS is very fun, and it is the closest thing to Smash Bros. I've played, but it is by no means a paragon of the 2D fighter genre.

Edit: Whoops, missed the little "2nd" in there. Thats a little better, but still, JSS doesn't really even approach the four games I posted.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide. Jump Superstars is not the best 2D fighter ever made. If you say that, you must realize that you are comparing it to anything in the Gulty Gear series (especially Guilty Gear XX and it's many updates, which by itself blows JSS out of the water), Street Fighter series,(of which, IMO, SF3 stands alone) and the King of Fighters series (And all of the SNK fighters with it). If you even begin to think it's the best 2D fighter on the DS, then let me tell you about a little game called Bleach DS.

Yes, JSS is very fun, and it is the closest thing to Smash Bros. I've played, but it is by no means a paragon of the 2D fighter genre.
I said second best, GG is the best 2D fighter series (I love Axl Low).

FUNFACT: Nintendo produced the game

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
It's so sad he won't make it into the game T-T. But yes I WANTS HIM IN TEH GAME REAL BADZ! He would pwn, just saying. In fact another reason they won't put him in is cuz he'd be so much of the nerfing. The games are built on different scales of power.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's so sad he won't make it into the game T-T. But yes I WANTS HIM IN TEH GAME REAL BADZ! He would pwn, just saying. In fact another reason they won't put him in is cuz he'd be so much of the nerfing. The games are built on different scales of power.
Cloud has about 1% chance. If we know companies, they will work through every loop-hole they know to have him in the game, even though there are better Squre Enix choices.

BTW: Is your name just something you picked cause it sounded cool, or is it after the manga/anime?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
just to settle the whole "oh noez! cloud will get nurfed!!" thing, its pretty obvious that cloud would be like a heavier, slower, and stronger marth/link/roy. I can see him having these stats:

strenth: 8/10
run speed: 4/10
jump: 5/10
range: 9/10
attack speed: 7/10
defense: 6/10
cool factor: 183082984739436931674869471728264802871/10

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
**Sorry all I must put my underling back into place**
Black Cat...
Your Location...
You are not the STL king!! I can beet your *** any time. Do you rember a certain match? Me vs you, 5 lives, and 10 mins. I won with 4 lives and 7 mins on the clock.
Also he does have a chance. A slim one.
(By the way I'm not calling myself the STL king eaither. Im still a novice. O.o;; )

Anyway I agree with tirkaro the most, exept for one thing: Why does everyone think he will be so much like Marth. I can't see him not being orignal. Also I belive his chances for rest at a..lets see.. 38% at most? That sounds about right.

O.o; Just me.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Anyway I agree with tirkaro the most, exept for one thing: Why does everyone think he will be so much like Marth. I can't see him not being orignal. Also I belive his chances for rest at a..lets see.. 38% at most? That sounds about right.
well, I wasn't actualy comparing marth and cloud in terms...say...moveset. it really because marth is just a prime example of a typical swordfighter. although I think that cloud is actualy more like link. but cloud can use magic. but then again, cloud is supposed to be to link as mario is to sonic.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Assuming Cloud Strife makes into Brawl, he would be the heavyweight of the sword fighters. But him in Brawl would make it be the best game ever.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Why do people keep saying "putting this person in brawl would make it the best game ever." ?

I've got new for you, they put cloud in FF7 and that game isn't the best game ever!

Brawl is going to be an incredible game no matter what the final roster is.

And I wish people would just drop this topic. Cloud is not going to be in brawl. His only appearance on a nintendo console was a cameo on chain of memories. If they were going to use that game as an excuse to put a character in, they would use sora or axel or something. And no i dont support KH characters for brawl i'm just saying a big role makes more sense than a cameo.

Just because fanboys would drool over him doesnt mean they should cut out a deserving nintendo character for some stupid gimmick wielding a giant butter knife.

And dont say "well snake got in so cloud could too" because the reason snake got in is because sakurai and kojima are friends and kojima bsically begged sakurai for snake to get a slot.

so please people,stop supporting cloud for brawl. It's just not a good idea, and it's not going to happen.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
BTW: Is your name just something you picked cause it sounded cool, or is it after the manga/anime?

Somthing I picked myself, fav animal etc. But yah I did read the comic BEFORE IT WAS PUBLISHED IN AMERICA, all these people "OMG yah i totally no wat this **** is even though others have been reading it for years" and cuz it wasn't all that bad, in fact pretty good I think, I didn't realy see a reason to drop the name.

Oh and SethWhiteFox, yah I don't mean in melee, Its' just a way to let people know I live in StL, it's from rag inside thing, you wouldn't know about it.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
1: Cloud was not a mere "cameo" someone defined as a cameo is a person who is just there for no petuilcer reason. Cloud was in a "sub plot" or a small story outside the main story. He was also a summon.

2: He is one of the only Final Fantasy characters that has a chance. There arent many other characters FF fans have to root for. The only other ones are Leon and the FF1 serise game characters. Shure people can root for the FF2-wherever FF stopped makeing games for Nintendo, but its blaintly ovious that Square them-selves has forgotten about them.(besides 3).

3: On the contray(sp?) its a great idea! Think of all the Wii that would be sold, and all the copys of Super Smash Brothers Brawl that would be sold.

4: I agree with you that fan boys do not make a character deserveing, but popularity does, and besides arent you a fan of any charcter that you personally want in?

5: I think everyone knows by now that Kojima begged for Snake to be in.

Please if you must be negitive try stateing facts as to why blank character shouldent be in Brawl. Don't just post your thoughts, unless theres some fact to them. Perhaps you should read the Negitive Nancys's thred.

Oh and one more thing if you DO try and state facts dont restate the smae things that have been stated before. We all know his part in COM was minor, and we all know that Kojima begged for Snake.

This was in no way trying to personally attack someone. Nor was it directed manily at one person, but all the people who do these things know who you are.

GenG

Smash Lord
I found this.

This lead to talk about collaborations, which of course, lead to talk of Solid Snake's appearance in the Wii version of Smash Brothers: "That was very surprising," said Nomura. "Cloud won't make an appearance?" asked Kojima. "We didn't get an offer," responded Nomura with a laugh.
Cloud is undoubtly the corporative mascot of SE, I think his popularity is enough to appear in a game like Brawl without being in a Nintendo console. I can't think in many Nintendo-rooted SE characters apart from Geno.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I believe that FF7 is one of the best games every created... for me personally i hated the gameplay of those games... every single one of em... til my friends forced me to play the game... i played like an hour and was hooked into it and couldn't stop... the story was the best i have ever had in a game.... that is the reason why everyone thinks that the game is one of the best games every created, besides the music, the storyline was incredible... when
Sephiroth did wha he did to Aeries(spelling i think is off) and how he did and wha he said after that...
it almost brought me to tears... yea that's right i said it... its the truth, it was that sad, and it made me just wanna kill em right then and there.... ask everyone that has played that game that actually paid attention and got into the game like i had and ask em if that happened i am 100% positive that they will say that it happened something similar to that

Thats why i believe that it was the best RPG every created... but one of the best games overall created

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
I belive it has the best storyline, but even me, a hardcore fon of FF7, still think it is not the best game of all time. Although still it has a supioror(sp?) storyline to every other RPG. By the way BarBino you should of put spoiler tabs sround some of what you said. some people may not have beeten it yet.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Seth WF... sorry i forgot to do that thanx..

I never said that FF7 was the best game ever... i said RPG wise... which IMO RPGs are lacking the seriousness of teh storyline that FF7 had brought to me... and i think that u can't really make a storyline any better then that... that's why it is if not already is the best game on PS and hopefully to be on PS3.... i also heard rumors that they might put a remake of FF7 on PSP... i saw it on google... RUMORS not a quote from SquareEnix... but the game itself had the best music i have ever heard in a RPG... but ya i still stick by wha i said

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
Have you played FF6? Everyone I know who's played the game likes it better than they did FF7.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Have you played FF6? Everyone I know who's played the game likes it better than they did FF7.
yes, it is a good game, but FFVIII is better. Everyone I know loves FFVIII over any other FF game. Clouds chances are limited, but Square Enix and Nintendo may pull a fast one on us by putting C
rono
in the game :)

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
The hell it was. FFVIII is the worst Final Fantasy game, all the boss battles were the same, all you did was summon and heal and then summon some more unless you wanted to take the easy way out by using Lionheart. Also the Junction system was the ****iest thing they have ever put into a FF game. Everyone I know hated that game except for the females.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
yea right!

The junction system was awesome! using the different spells to increase your stats.

The gfs were cool.

And if you did only summons the game was boring. It was better to power up your people and do limit breaks and such.

And the story was about 100 times better than the crappy FF7 story.

I'll say that Vi was probly the best, but 8 still owned.

and by the way, I'm a male. and i know plenty of people, male and female, who thoguht FF8 owned.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
god, dont remind me of X-2. that game sucked hard. why did my hormones drive me to buy that piece of drivel.
anyway, lets get back on topic: cloud FTW.
also, FF VIII was better than VII, but remember: FF 7 was the best FOR ITS TIME. same thing with mario, link, and any other old game character. thats like saying WW was better then OOT. yeah, it was, but OOT was great FOR ITS TIME.

Top Bottom