• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
look i have no clue who geno is, but i do know this ff8 IS the best Final Fantasy Story ever concieved and one of the best games in history, domt you think the main character of such a game deserves to be in ssbb? oh and what do you guys think of soma cruz from the castlevania games, i think he would be an excellent addition to ssbb
-bar
Fixed

FFVII is alright, but too overated for it's own good. the only good thing from that game was Cait Sith and Knights Of The Round. FFV, FFVI, and FFVIII are the best. DEAL WITH IT!

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
FFVII overrated like Prince's Hit singles and that is saying somrthing.

Cloud crappy like the LA Clippers back in the day.

Lylod Irving new like Nascar..?
Thanks for clearing that up. I like the way you backed that up with facts and kept a neutral viewpoint.

Although I do Like Lloyd and feel he would be good in brawl. (This is the only part without sarcasm)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Well Birdman thank you because FFVII is the most overrated game ever in the FF series execption of X-2(Man that one sucked). I think that Cloud should be out of Brawl..because I don't want to see fan people saying.."LYK OMG ClOuD ROX MY SOX!!!! 1337!!! <3 <3///.."

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well Birdman thank you because FFVII is the most overrated game ever in the FF series execption of X-2(Man that one sucked). I think that Cloud should be out of Brawl..because I don't want to see fan people saying.."LYK OMG ClOuD ROX MY SOX!!!! 1337!!! <3 <3///.."
I feel like shoving pins into my ears until they bleed just so I can stop hearing people saying that NOW! IMO, Cait Sith is more awesome than Cloud will ever hope to be. Squall too, but Geno is by far cooler than Cloud.

GenG

Smash Lord
That's right, Cloud is just a plain emo kid. And Sephiroth? Dude, he set a village on fire and killed a florist. If I do that I won't be recognised as OMG THE BEST BAD DUDE EVER for sure.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The pointless ramblings of Final Fantasy fans can not convince me that he should be in. Anyway Final Fantasy fans are too addicted to their pathetic series and are blinded because of it. Cloud would not make a good Brawl character.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
i have played xenogears, chrono cross, and tons of other rpgs, the only one i havent finished that everybody tells me is comparable to ff7 is tales of symphonia, so i cant say that ff7 is better but, to me it is the greates game evr made. im still hoping for soma cruz from castlevania, and maybe leon kennedy from resident evil, and whesker too
-bar

BAR

Smash Apprentice
hey basemant, really play the game,you cannot deny it is a good game, even if you dont think it is the best, thats like me saying that halo is a crappy game becuase we all get annoyed at the pointless ramblings of halo-heads, who swear that it is better than the best multiplayer game ever made.....ssbm. you cannot say that ff7 was not a masterpiece
-bar

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
:psycho: OMG! TRIPLE POST! ;psycho; Now that that's out of my system...

i have played xenogears, chrono cross, and tons of other rpgs, the only one i havent finished that everybody tells me is comparable to ff7 is tales of symphonia, so i cant say that ff7 is better but, to me it is the greates game evr made. im still hoping for soma cruz from castlevania, and maybe leon kennedy from resident evil, and whesker too
-bar
Alright, you can say it's the best in the series, but people will always disagree with you, like your disagreeing with us about how other titles are better like FFV, FFVI, and FFVIII. FFX was good, but FFVII was better than that.

hey basemant, really play the game,you cannot deny it is a good game, even if you dont think it is the best, thats like me saying that halo is a crappy game becuase we all get annoyed at the pointless ramblings of halo-heads, who swear that it is better than the best multiplayer game ever made.....ssbm. you cannot say that ff7 was not a masterpiece
-bar
Yeah, FFVII is fun. In fact, FF is a pretty fun series in all, except FFIX and FFXI. Halo is also a great game, but I'd take SSBM over it anyday ;)

oh and btw aeries, is hotter than all of them
No, Rinaoh is. Or Quistis. I can't decide :confused:

EDIT:
Aww but Tifa can kick butt Rinoa..was too much for me. Jiggy Wiggy is awesome, those puzzles were cool. =o Jiggy Wiggy thread anyone?!
Rinaoh was too much for you cause of her class.

About the Jiggy Wiggy thread.... if rare was still owned by Nintendo, I would so make one.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I have also played some of other RPG's one of my favorites is Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, also Chrono Trigger was great as well for the SNES. You just have to find good RPG's they are out there hiding..

Aww I wanted Jiggy Wiggy. Oh well stupid Rare.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have also played some of other RPG's one of my favorites is Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, also Chrono Trigger was great as well for the SNES. You just have to find good RPG's they are out there hiding..

Aww I wanted Jiggy Wiggy. Oh well stupid Rare.
Other good RPG's:

1. Earthbound / Mother 2
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Mario and Luigi
4. Crono Trigger
5. Monster Rancher.

I'm not sure if Monster Rancher is a real RPG, but I'm putting it up there anyway. IT'S MY LIST DAMMIT!

BAR

Smash Apprentice
hemi, anyone who wouldnt take ssbm over halo should be banned from posting on the boards forever, we all know smash is the best, and im sorry but aeries, was the hottest, by far period, cmon guys did you see advent children? oh and sorry for the triple post trying to get that hundred in.
-bar

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
hemi, anyone who wouldnt take ssbm over halo should be banned from posting on the boards forever, we all know smash is the best, and im sorry but aeries, was the hottest, by far period, cmon guys did you see advent children? oh and sorry for the triple post trying to get that hundred in.
-bar
Halo shouldn't be banned at this board because people will always like it. I mean, how would you feel if a mod come and said "NO MORE TALKING ABOUT FINAL FANTASY!" I'd be pretty mad.

Anyway, Aeris is hot, but Rinoah is the hottest cause she looks like my GF.
EDIT: alright, your forgiven for triple posting. :lol:

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Its an ok series but oh wait no its not. Its too repetative and it gets really boring. The only good thing I have found from this series is that it is a great way to fall asleep quick. So if you havnt guessed it Im saying no to Cloud.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Its an ok series but oh wait no its not. Its too repetative and it gets really boring. The only good thing I have found from this series is that it is a great way to fall asleep quick. So if you havnt guessed it Im saying no to Cloud.
umm.... BAR was talking to basemant

Anyway, FF is fun as a whole, but I don't think Squenix would lend them a character from FF, but either Geno or Crono. Maybe a Moogle from FF or a generic in Mario 3-on-3 hoops

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
-bar
Smash being the best is just a bias opinion aswell, one I agree with, but an opinion nevertheless.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well I'm thinking Black Mage, Knight or Ninja may come into SBBB since they have appeared on Two Nintendo consoles. The GBA, and the NES so..Skurai may take that approach.
you forgot the DS!

Anyway, Squeenix should just sell Nintendo the right sto original characters in Super Mario RPG so Nintendo finally owns Geno and then we could have another 3rd party slot available.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
geez I checked this topic earlier and there were no new posts. Now I find 2 new pages of rambling nonsense.

How did the topic of Cloud being in brawl turn into an argument about which FF girl is hottest? For you people arguing I suggest you A) Take it somewhere else and B) get a girlfriend.

Also, the attempts at sarcasm are ridiculous. "It's a great series oh wait no it's not" ??? wtf is that. That's like someone's main argument being "I think Cloud should be in Brawl... NOT!"

And bravo to whoever it was that brought up halo being overrated. Halo is actually a good comparison to FF7 if you think about it. The most overrated FF and the most overrated game of all time.

PS - I didn't want to get sucked into this, but Rinoa could take Tifa. Invincible Moon ftw!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How did the topic of Cloud being in brawl turn into an argument about which FF girl is hottest? For you people arguing I suggest you A) Take it somewhere else and B) get a girlfriend.

Also, the attempts at sarcasm are ridiculous. "It's a great series oh wait no it's not" ??? wtf is that. That's like someone's main argument being "I think Cloud should be in Brawl... NOT!"

And bravo to whoever it was that brought up halo being overrated. Halo is actually a good comparison to FF7 if you think about it. The most overrated FF and the most overrated game of all time.

PS - I didn't want to get sucked into this, but Rinoa could take Tifa. Invincible Moon ftw!
thank you, Rinoah could take on tifa. The reason I say she's the hottest is beause she looks like my GF. For those of you oblivious, that stands for Girlfriend

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Cloud... No, just no... He's not even the best RPG character ever... I consider Vivi a better RPG character than Cloud, okay? He is nothing compared to Cecil or Kain IMO :p.

CLOUD DOES NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS, SQUARE CHARACTERS DO NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Cloud... No, just no... He's not even the best RPG character ever... I consider Vivi a better RPG character than Cloud, okay? He is nothing compared to Cecil or Kain IMO :p.
Cait Sith and Setzer easily pwn all of those choices for best RPG character:p

CLOUD DOES NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS, SQUARE CHARACTERS DO NOT BELONG IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.
Some do, like Geno and Crono. (And Moogle :) )

The Bino

Smash Lord
Cloud might have a fighting chance to enter into the smash scene.... the reason behind that would be simple... Sakurai stated that more 3rd party chars will enter (not many, but still some) and that they need to have been on a Nintendo system/platform... well here is the good news to all

SquareEnix has announced a while ago that if FF3 is a hit on the DS then they will remake FF7 on the DS with only updated CG's and not touching anything at all... which means that the story line would be 100% intact.... but i assume that since the DS has touch screen that they would make a lil extra something on the side to use the touch screen

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
SquareEnix has announced a while ago that if FF3 is a hit on the DS then they will remake FF7 on the DS
FF3 will be successful, we all know that, but give a source that they'll make FF7 for the DS, because that sounds like total bull****.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I just spent a massive amount of time looking for it so you can see that i ain't liein over here.... i can't find it but i know for a fact that i typed in Nintendo DS on Google one day when i came home from work and i read it

believe me or not... that's what i read

Top Bottom