• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You didn't say DB did it. You only said you saw the kill. My considerations were:
-Swiss is Town and saw DB makes the kill -> Swiss claims vs. DB.
-Swiss is scum and fakes his claim -> Swiss claims vs. me
-Swiss is Town and fakes his claim -> Swiss claims vs. me

So if you had voted DB, you are probably Town. If you were mafia or dumb Town, you would fake claim vs. me.
This is the confidence I was missing. I need to give you more time. My mistake. More on this in my shout outs.

Swiss

Smash Lord
LaserGuy LaserGuy
I think you played really,really well. Being willing to reconsider opinions that late in the game is a rare trait, you did great. I'm floored by the effort you put into the game as well.

bessie bessie
Great playing with you, I like your style and definitely a threat

Sabrar Sabrar
Again very enjoyable, I enjoyed annoying you, think it's hilarious everyone thought you were vig.

somitomi somitomi
I regretted hammering you as soon as I did it, so sorry for that!

HeuryAlone HeuryAlone
I like your style - very candid.

ranmaru ranmaru
Always fun :p

Tattertot Tattertot
I can't get over how towny i found your initial posts, I really, really did. Then how scummy I found the later ones. There's a beast lurking.

Deadbananas Deadbananas
MVP of the game, really good play - kept everyone guessing. Insane effort put in and you're very, very hard to read. For the life of me re-reading the game right up until the end I couldn't decide who the scum was.

Swiss Swiss
The actual MVP, as always.

Wam

Smash Ace
Setup below. Is there a limit to members of a conversation as it wont let me add deadbannas to the spectator thread?

Actual setup

2, 1 Shot Cops
1, 1 Shot Trackers
0, 1 Shot Watchers
1, 1 Shot Doctors
1, 1 Shot Vig kills

2, 1 Shot Godfathers
2, 1 Shot Ninja's

Player
Mafia/Town
One shot 1
One shot 2
One shot 3

tattertot
Mafia
Godfather
Ninja
Rolecop

Deadbananas
Mafia
Godfather
Ninja

Ranmaru
Town
Vig

Sabrar
Town

Laserguy
Town

Swiss
Town
Tracker

Bessie
Town

Somitomi
Town
Cop
Doc

Heury Alone
Town

Dice made it hard for town but it was very close at the end. Shout outs will come later but thanks to osieorb18 osieorb18 for co modding.

Hope you all had fun.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Is there a limit to members of a conversation as it wont let me add deadbannas to the spectator thread?
Yes, you would need someone in the group to have premium. If Ranmaru is in it, he should be able to add everyone. Just make sure that the check box for allowing others to send invites is on.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks wam and Osie for modding and good game everyone.
Deadbananas played really well, I never would've suspected that.
Swiss Swiss No problem, my D2 game wasn't great.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, you would need someone in the group to have premium. If Ranmaru is in it, he should be able to add everyone. Just make sure that the check box for allowing others to send invites is on.
Can do it later for sure

Wam

Smash Ace
Box now ticked!

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Damn, thought I might have been able to do it. GG! You guys really stepped it up and went all out in the end, great work.

also Tattertot Tattertot thanks for playing! I'm sorry I wasn't able to be a better scummate. You played really well, and almost ended up carrying me to a win through town's analysis of you.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Also Xivii Xivii thanks for letting me know about this game! Was a super fun time. As well as to Wam for creating a fun game and answering all my dumb questions, and Osie for helping out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok invited people. Let me know if anyone still wants or needs an invite. Shout outs tonight.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In the mean time can we get invites to scum chat?

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Damn, thought I might have been able to do it. GG! You guys really stepped it up and went all out in the end, great work.

also Tattertot Tattertot thanks for playing! I'm sorry I wasn't able to be a better scummate. You played really well, and almost ended up carrying me to a win through town's analysis of you.
You also just played amazing. That was a great game. Thanks for inviting me HeuryAlone HeuryAlone and you were a great scummate Deadbananas Deadbananas thanks for helping me out and everything. Good game town!

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I was impressed with Swiss's play at the end. Was in a difficult position but managed to help swing the vote to deadbanana in the end. Deadbanana's d1 play was insane. Did not see scum at all. And as always, Laserguy's ability to take a step back and return a viable analysis is astonishing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Shout outs:

Tattertot Tattertot I thought you did really well. You didn't make any obvious slips and there was very little in your content that pointed toward DB being your partner. I hope you will stick around and play again sometime.

Sabrar Sabrar I like your new style, though I was also happy to see you aren't afraid to tunnel when the need arises. Can't believe that you weren't the vig, smh.

ranmaru ranmaru I'm not sure I've ever had a game with you where one of us didn't tunnel the other at some point. Thinking about it a bit more, I think maybe what you were missing is that this game I was very confident in my Town reads, rather than my scum reads, early on. I didn't feel the need to make any strong pushes since I felt I had a good sense of my Towncore and just needed to poke around at the few people I had left.

Some unsolicited new player advice:
Don't be afraid to engage with people, whether you are scum or Town. You gave off kind of a weird vibe for parts of D1 because you seemed to be avoiding giving your opinions or answering questions. Try to avoid this. As Town, players will be able to read you better and you'll be able to contribute to the team; as scum, you'll be viewed as townier and less likely to be an early hit. If you aren't sure what to say, just ask questions.

somitomi somitomi I think I have decided that I'm just not allowed to meta read you anymore and it doesn't seem to work for me. Feel free to remind me of this at every opportunity. I'm sorry D2 ended up the way it did... I think you just kind of ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

bessie bessie Always good to play Town with you. I think we worked well together this game.

HeuryAlone HeuryAlone I liked your approach to this game. You came across as very thoughtful and townie and had the bead on scum right from the start.

Deadbananas Deadbananas I can't believe how close you were to winning this game. You played a fantastic game and are a very dangerous scum player. I think the only thing that really made me start to seriously reconsider you (aside from Swiss just feeling townier) was sort of what I related in my last post to you... I didn't feel any real urgency to figure things out at the end of the game from you. I think had you made a solid push against Swiss (or me) there's a good chance you could have been in the clear. Or if you had just been up at 3:00am like I was...

Swiss Swiss You played very well under pressure and did a really good job of proving your towniess when it counted. You also did save me from being yeeted D1, which I really appreciate :)

Wam Wam and osieorb18 osieorb18 This was a really fun game and I thought you both did a great job moderating. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss and Laser both getting the Nappa avatar was hilarious.

This was bugging me the whole game. Sabrar and Sworddancer aren't anything alike! I would say Sabrar has the cognition of Kary, the thread presence of Ranmaru, and the ego of Ryker.

Sigh

<3
And can we once and for all establish that Ryker is an American me. If it wasn't for me he might actually be a nice dude and not completely insufferable.

(Love ya zen btw)

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Honestly had DB been online when both me and Laser **** the bed and voted each other it was gg. Such an insanely close game.
I was kicking myself so hard when I woke up and read it lol. Had no clue how to make a casual post after that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Invited people to mafia chat. Let me know if anyone else wants in.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Thank you everyone for playing, and thank you Wam Wam and osieorb18 osieorb18 for hosting! The modding was excellent. I thought everyone played well, and the game pace and content level was just right for my playstyle, so I was very happy with everything in this game.

Shout Outs!

somitomi somitomi
Sorry about that. I should know better by now. That end of D1 ninja vote was kinda scummy but I should have figured it out anyway. Sign up for another game soon and give me a chance to redeem myself!

HeuryAlone HeuryAlone
You are one of my favorite people to play with and I was so happy you signed up for this game. You are always so good natured and create a positive vibe in every game you play. Please sign up for another game soon!

ranmaru ranmaru
Hahaha you shot Sabrar. I can’t wait to play with you again I’m going to quote all your wrong reads.

Sabrar Sabrar
Woof. Woof woof woof. Woof? Woof, woof woof. Woof. Sorry we didn’t have more time to play together (thanks Ran); you will always be my favorite puppy, and you are one of the reasons I keep playing this game.

BoomFrog BoomFrog
You were kinda slacking this game, you really need to pick up your posting rate in the next game.

Swiss Swiss
I really had a great time playing with you I think we had about the right amount of conflict to keep the game interesting. Very much looking forward to the next time, until then give your puppy a nose boop from me.

LaserGuy LaserGuy
I’m never quite sure about you because you can play the same style as any alignment; I confess I thought you NK’d me until I read #670. Perhaps someday I too can learn the powers of the Force so I know when we are on the same team.

Tattertot Tattertot
You played really well. Staying alive isn’t too important, what is important is that you didn’t leave any connections to your mafia partner, and that is one of the reasons you came very close to winning the game. The cat avatar was a pretty good idea and gave off some townie vibes, ten points for Gryffindor. Please come back any time and play another game with us!

Deadbananas Deadbananas
Thanks for taking me out so I didn’t have to make a wrong choice in the final three! Really, you were brilliant and I’m so glad you signed up for this game. Please join another soon!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LaserGuy -

I now realize that, I just hadn't given you enough time to show your confidence. I realize now that, when you lack it, it shouldn't mean to be a scumtell, but simply a reason to have a weaker town read. Which, would be understandable considering that even I, had no strong lead in the beginning. Tattertot was the only lead I could really show and it was weak at first. It's why you noticed a weaker entrance from me. Scum weren't being scummy, which shows, as Tattertot was trying to be cautious.

Now, I'm really glad you put it together at the end. You may not have realized, but when I shot Sabrar, I re-evaluated my read on you and Bessie. (Due to Tattertot flipping mafia) I also thought that Tattertot forgetting to include you was too convenient. He was playing very cautiously, so it doesn't make sense for a cautious player to suddenly forget a player in their reads list. I will say, you guys did get lucky with the timing. This could have ended for us, but I am glad that y'all were able to unvote in time, and find the townie within yourselves. I had my worries about DB in Day one, but may or may not have seen it until more than a day phase has passed, as I think his would be harder to spot without seeing the whole picture, which you noted. (His lack of solving and lack of townie paranioa) You're the MVP for clutching at the end.

Bessie -

My apologies for reading you wrong as well, and I hope I had not distressed you too much. It was good playing with you again. I think my mistake was, I latched on to your Somi read, and Laser's read of Somi. I liked what I saw when you interacted with Tattertot, but it felt odd. You seemed to have more of a tunnel on Tatter than Somi, yet you give him your dedicated tunnel. It felt backwards. I didn't have much time to fully digest your reads, and as I said, I didn't purposly vote you with the timing I did, that was just as I finished making my read list which I put time and effort to. The lack of interaction with me, did feel odd. I thought you were playing me for a fool! :p

I was also trying not to clear you via tone easily, because I did that with frozen the other game and he adapted to try to emulate his town play which fooled me. So I considered you might have too.

Sabrar -

As you can probably guess, I shot you for trying to make me doubt the tatterwagon. I thought the timing of that was convenient. I only considered this due to the Tattertot flip. I then thought that I may have been wrong on both Laser and Bessie. Although I was still iffy on Bessie. Otherwise, I liked your play. Your reads helped a little. Good playing with you again.

Somitomi -

Sorry to see you killed due to my influence. It saddens me when my town reads die in this way when I'm not there to stop it. As I said before, I think you could have claimed your doc shot at the very least. I think you could probably put more thought into your analysis, I feel that is what will make you harder to lynch in future games. I feel like you had a townie tone. I think the timing of the deadline was difficult for all of us and my last minute wagon hurt your image, again apologies. I think I mentioned before putting more time into the game will help you, I think we talked about this. I forget what your conclusion was. In the end I think any game will need time and effort, and as either alignment, and will be fulfilling. It was good playing with you again.

Heury Alone -

Good stuff on stickin to tattertot all the way Heury. I'm glad I was able to help your townieness with the Tatterwagon. Hope to see you again sometime.

Deadbananas -

Very good play. I think you practically had it, you just lost your grip at the end. I think you got comfortable with your position, and it hurt you in the end. I'm not sure if you have played lylo as town, but it's good to know how a townie will be thinking in lylo, and then try to emulate that. I think you had a good chance of winning since people really couldn't pin your day one. Did people thinking Sabrar was the night kill slow your play down, or tatter being dead lower your motivation? Just curious. Seeing scum chat, you are a very helpful scum mate, appreciate you guiding Tatter. Honestly didn't expect to win this one, again that's how good you played initially, only a mistake is what hindered it entirely which I'm sure you'll learn from.

Tattertot -

Sorry for pressuring you from out the gate, and keeping it up. It was fun and nice meeting you. You should sign up for more games here.

Swiss -

First off, thank you for being the rock I needed when I was most vulnerable to switching off Tattertot. You are also MVP for clutching that lynch for me. I appreciate it. I have seen you town read me every game I was town so I was confused why you had me as null this game. It frustrated me. Yet I'm glad I was able to work with you somewhat end of D1. So you see, this is why I was pushing an easy lynch, because I really did think they were mafia. But I think you can see that I'd push for anything if I believed they were mafia. I will say I think after a while, you went too far with the wifom jokes. You are an experienced player, so I would take it as null, but others may read it differently and I feared it might get you scumread to seem town. It was good playing with you again, and I'm glad that you got a win after ten years of not playing. If you still want to critique me, I'm open to hearing it. You know that I always strive to improve. My reads are always those that need polishing. It's why I'm so flexible nowadays.

Xiivi -

Good Game.

Wam -

Thank you for hosting!

Last edited:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss -

First off, thank you for being the rock I needed when I was most vulnerable to switching off Tattertot. You are also MVP for clutching that lynch for me. I appreciate it. I have seen you town read me every game I was town so I was confused why you had me as null this game. It frustrated me. Yet I'm glad I was able to work with you somewhat end of D1. So you see, this is why I was pushing an easy lynch, because I really did think they were mafia. But I think you can see that I'd push for anything if I believed they were mafia. I will say I think after a while, you went too far with the wifom jokes. You are an experienced player, so I would take it as null, but others may read it differently and I feared it might get you scumread to seem town. It was good playing with you again, and I'm glad that you got a win after ten years of not playing. If you still want to critique me, I'm open to hearing it. You know that I always strive to improve. My reads are always those that need polishing. It's why I'm so flexible nowadays.
I had you as null but then towncore by end of d1 iirc. I hereby promise to only make wifom jokes if I'm town (wait is this wifom though), did kinda get me killed in my first gaem back when I called myself a werewolf as a joke but hey ho.

Re: giving you advice honestly man I'm so out of practice I really shouldn't give anyone advice until I'm back in form. I can feel the rust as the cogs in my head struggle to turn and process.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Did people thinking Sabrar was the night kill slow your play down, or tatter being dead lower your motivation?
Sabrar the night kill messed up my plans, but I do think it was the lack of a partner combined with being busier than I expected that lowered my general effort. It's been a while since I last played as scum, I dont remember randing it since beforw sumting, but I'm used to playing it with a larger group of scummates, which had always meant some are alive in LYLO. I feel more motivated to put in work when I have others with me I guess.

I'll definitely learn from my mistake, while I was playing I thought I was acting right for my situation, in the future I'll definitely be more paranoid there, and follow my instincts and kill Laserguy sooner lol.

Thanks for the kind words, it was really fun playing with you. I was afraid the whole time of you figuring me out because I knew I couldn't argue against you, and i knew you would find me out soon despite my efforts.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Thank you everyone for playing, and thank you Wam Wam and osieorb18 osieorb18 for hosting! The modding was excellent. I thought everyone played well, and the game pace and content level was just right for my playstyle, so I was very happy with everything in this game.

Shout Outs!

somitomi somitomi
Sorry about that. I should know better by now. That end of D1 ninja vote was kinda scummy but I should have figured it out anyway. Sign up for another game soon and give me a chance to redeem myself!

HeuryAlone HeuryAlone
You are one of my favorite people to play with and I was so happy you signed up for this game. You are always so good natured and create a positive vibe in every game you play. Please sign up for another game soon!

ranmaru ranmaru
Hahaha you shot Sabrar. I can’t wait to play with you again I’m going to quote all your wrong reads.

Sabrar Sabrar
Woof. Woof woof woof. Woof? Woof, woof woof. Woof. Sorry we didn’t have more time to play together (thanks Ran); you will always be my favorite puppy, and you are one of the reasons I keep playing this game.

BoomFrog BoomFrog
You were kinda slacking this game, you really need to pick up your posting rate in the next game.

Swiss Swiss
I really had a great time playing with you I think we had about the right amount of conflict to keep the game interesting. Very much looking forward to the next time, until then give your puppy a nose boop from me.

LaserGuy LaserGuy
I’m never quite sure about you because you can play the same style as any alignment; I confess I thought you NK’d me until I read #670. Perhaps someday I too can learn the powers of the Force so I know when we are on the same team.

Tattertot Tattertot
You played really well. Staying alive isn’t too important, what is important is that you didn’t leave any connections to your mafia partner, and that is one of the reasons you came very close to winning the game. The cat avatar was a pretty good idea and gave off some townie vibes, ten points for Gryffindor. Please come back any time and play another game with us!

Deadbananas Deadbananas
Thanks for taking me out so I didn’t have to make a wrong choice in the final three! Really, you were brilliant and I’m so glad you signed up for this game. Please join another soon!
You mean 10 points to Slytherin! 🐍

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I think I have decided that I'm just not allowed to meta read you anymore and it doesn't seem to work for me. Feel free to remind me of this at every opportunity. I'm sorry D2 ended up the way it did... I think you just kind of ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I think you weren't completely wrong there, I'm usually more serious if I feel self-conscious, it's just that this time around that was caused by accidentally lurking for half of D1 rather than being mafia. I will keep the "Get Out of Meta Read Free" card in my pocket though 😇
Sorry to see you killed due to my influence. It saddens me when my town reads die in this way when I'm not there to stop it. As I said before, I think you could have claimed your doc shot at the very least. I think you could probably put more thought into your analysis, I feel that is what will make you harder to lynch in future games. I feel like you had a townie tone. I think the timing of the deadline was difficult for all of us and my last minute wagon hurt your image, again apologies. I think I mentioned before putting more time into the game will help you, I think we talked about this. I forget what your conclusion was. In the end I think any game will need time and effort, and as either alignment, and will be fulfilling. It was good playing with you again.
Yeah, my head wasn't really in the game throughout D2 because of the job situation, there were multiple things I could've done to at least delay my demise (claiming my doc power, asking why I'd kill you or Sabrar etc.), but for some reason I focused my limited mental capacity on completely failing to solve the game. This lack of self-preservation doubly didn't work in my favour...

Top Bottom