• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

Wam

Smash Ace
Osie is the co mod for this game thanks Osie.

The last game on here went way off piste in several ways as per Osie's closing post. Because of that I am going to be stricter than normal on rules and toxicity. In practical terms this will probably work out to 1 warning then modkill but it will depend on the exact situation.

Rules:
1) Be kind to each other, toxic behaviour will not be tolerated.
2) Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary.
3) Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors. Example: Vote: Marshy Unvote: Marshy
4) Days will last for 5 days, nights 2 days with weekends counting as half time. If a majority is not reached the player with the highest vote count will be eliminated, and in the event of a tie the player who received the most votes first will be eliminated. Unless all players are voting and only 2 players or one player and no elimination are being voted for in which case it will be no elimination.
5) You are allowed to vote for No Elimination.
6) Don't talk about the game outside of the thread unless your role says you can. All outside communication must include the Mod. Talk is not limited to PM: so you may use QT, or any other resource to speak as long as the mod is present in the channel.
7) It is preferred you ask questions to the mod in your role PM. Direct questions in thread will be answered so long as it is not detrimental to any players in the gane
8) No hidden code and text and such. You can breadcrumb.
9) You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures. Screenshots of personal notes are OK to post, as long as they contain no mod data.
10) No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase.
11) Prods will be issued for not posting for 24 hours. Two prods in succession without a response, I.e 72 hours without posting, will get you replaced.
12) Failure to submit a night action will result in no action being taken.
13) Rules are subject to change, and if the rules are changed post game I will make an announcement doing so.
14) No player may self target. Does not apply to mafia's ninja and godfather one shots if available.
15) "No information outside the game thread maybe used I.e. when a player last logged on".

Breaching the rules will lead to consequences including forced replacement or modkill.

Setup:
9 players, 7 town 2 mafia.

The following 1 shots will be randomly distributed amongst the players. Note only 1 one shot can be used per night.

0-2, 1 Shot Cops (Note if a mafia player is allocated a cop one shot it becomes a role cop)
0-2, 1 Shot Trackers
0-2, 1 Shot Watchers
0-1, 1 Shot Doctors (Protects against all kills that night)
0-1, 1 Shot Vig kills (Will not be allocated to Mafia)

Amongst Mafia Only
1-2, 1 Shot Godfathers (Must be activated)
1-2, 1 Shot Ninja's (Must be activated)

No player will be allocated more that 3 one shots.

To clarify the setup was calculated by following the process below, random.org was used for the random selections.

1) The number of each one shot was calculated.
2) The mafia one shots were allocated randomly
3) The players were put in a list and randomly organised with the one shot going to the top available player.
4) Step 3 was repeated for each one shot. I.e if there were 2 cop shots the list was randomized twice with each one shot going to the top eligible player of each list.

Note flips happen immediately post lynch.

Players:
1) Laserguy
2) Bessie
3) Sabrar - killed night 1 - Town
4) Somitomi
5) Heury Alone
6) Ranmaru - killed night 1 - Town
7) tattertot - lynched day 1 - Mafia
8) Deadbananas
9) Swiss

Replacements:
1) Xivii
2) Chaco

Sample Role PM’s

Town

You are town.
Win condition
You win when all threats to town are removed.
One shots
You have the following ones shots you may use one per night and can only use each once. Please message the mod’s with the target and which one shot you are using.
1 off cop
1 off doctor

Mafia
You are mafia with XXX.
Win condition
You win when mafia are the majority of players or nothing can stop that happening.
Communication
You may communicate with XXX from receipt of this message. Please keep both mods included on all communications. How you communicate is up to the two of you.
Factional Kill
As mafia, you may kill one player each night please message the mod's with XXX kills YYY. Either of the mafia can carry out the kill.
One Shots
You have the following ones shots you may use one per night and can only use each once. Please message the mod’s with the target and which one shot you are using.
1 off tracker
1 off watcher

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
Please note I have updated the OP setup to add clarifications.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Do to the large presence of dogs in this game odds are one is mafia. Therefore I propose we all become cat people and that's why I would like to full clear Heury.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
So now we know who the Masons are, great.

Tattertot Tattertot : what is your experience with Mafia/Werevolves?
Dang, we've been outfoxed.

+1 on that question though.

I haven't played with somi, Heury, or Swiss before either unless im forgetting, so same question there.

To reciprocate ahead of time, I've got moderate experience I'd say playing forum mafia, though it's been a few months and I've generally played larger sized games.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Dang, we've been outfoxed.

+1 on that question though.

I haven't played with somi, Heury, or Swiss before either unless im forgetting, so same question there.

To reciprocate ahead of time, I've got moderate experience I'd say playing forum mafia, though it's been a few months and I've generally played larger sized games.
I have no online game experience. Sorry if my replies and such are slow. Ill try and keep up.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I have no online game experience. Sorry if my replies and such are slow. Ill try and keep up.
Welcome! and don't sweat about replies and stuff as long as you stay in the OP post requirements. I know it can be pretty confusing when you first join. If you have any questions about terms and stuff, everyone here is pretty nice from my experience so I'm sure most people would be fine helping you out.

Sabrar and DB give townie vibes
eyes laserguy suspiciously

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
Do to the large presence of dogs in this game odds are one is mafia. Therefore I propose we all become cat people and that's why I would like to full clear Heury.
Anyone that refuses to become a cat people is definitely anti-town. Glad I found a fellow townie.

Enough that Sabrar fears me more than anyone has feared any being.

I'm just excited to be playing a wam game again. All power roles make it so exciting.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I'm just excited to be playing a wam game again. All power roles make it so exciting.
Yah, I much prefer having some extra options on the table, and the chaos generated by others having them too. I also really like how its kind of a guessing game on what one shots are in the game, makes that side of things pretty interesting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Welcome. What made you join this game? Do you know anyone is playing, and if so, from where?

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
Yah, I much prefer having some extra options on the table, and the chaos generated by others having them too. I also really like how its kind of a guessing game on what one shots are in the game, makes that side of things pretty interesting.
Yea, semi open setups are the best. Can't wait to see sabrar's obligatory "fool proof" plan.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: What is your confidence level of reading HeuryAlone, and what should we keep in mind when reading him? (Game examples if they exist)

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
If I'm mafia, I don't try at all. Also, if you can't decide if Sabrar is mafia or town, he is most likely town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nice. What do you know about Forum Mafia? I want you thinking about 2-3 suspects as the day progresses, and try to get reasonings as to why. I don't expect them to be great, but I think that's something I'd want a new player to focus on.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Since mafia can roll the 1-shots as well and has GF/Ninja, we can't really rely on very much help from our PRs. Most likely we will have to win in the day phase.

eyes laserguy suspiciously
What do you find suspicious?

Sabrar Sabrar and atleast one other person who knows Heury, do you agree with this?
My notes on this are inconclusive, but I think heury believes this is true.

I think this is probably Town!heury, FWIW, though not specifically because of the activity level.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar: What is your confidence level of reading HeuryAlone, and what should we keep in mind when reading him? (Game examples if they exist)
I can't recall too many games with scum!Heury and I don't think he was a player I suspected very often (exception noted below). Probably I didn't give him as much attention as he deserved, possibly because I was busy arguing with others. My confidence level therefore is relatively low.

If I'm mafia, I don't try at all.
That's not necessarily true, I remember a particular game (Monstrous Masquerade? bessie should know this, she co-modded with DJ) when you were SK and I exposed your Ninja-power. I don't remember you resigning to your fate, you actually fought hard to avoid the yeet.

Also, if you can't decide if Sabrar is mafia or town, he is most likely town.
Actually, previous experience would indicate the opposite, I'm more often obv!Town when actually Town and just skate by on the sidelines when scum.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Since mafia can roll the 1-shots as well and has GF/Ninja, we can't really rely on very much help from our PRs. Most likely we will have to win in the day phase
good point, guess night actions are mostly down to luck. I had thought that GF/ninja was 0-X and not 1-X so I thought we'd have a better chance, but them getting a guaranteed one of those severely limits our power.
good point, its all down to luck I guess.
What do you find suspicious?
I generally associate very early non-clearly joking tone reads as small pocketing attempts, and trying to make yourself look better with a helpful opening. Admittedly I got the last part from a mafia article.
My notes on this are inconclusive, but I think heury believes this is true.
Thanks, that's helpful.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
mmm I gotta get back used to the quote system here again. Keep forgetting it sometimes attaches old text when I grab quotes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tattertot Tattertot I do expect an answer to my question by the way, and I am curious as to one more thing. You mentioned replies being slow, can you explain why that would be the case?

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I can't recall too many games with scum!Heury and I don't think he was a player I suspected very often (exception noted below). Probably I didn't give him as much attention as he deserved, possibly because I was busy arguing with others. My confidence level therefore is relatively low.

That's not necessarily true, I remember a particular game (Monstrous Masquerade? bessie should know this, she co-modded with DJ) when you were SK and I exposed your Ninja-power. I don't remember you resigning to your fate, you actually fought hard to avoid the yeet.

Actually, previous experience would indicate the opposite, I'm more often obv!Town when actually Town and just skate by on the sidelines when scum.
Being sk is a little different than being mafia. And at least what I recall from the game where you were scum I played in, you were caught pretty quickly.

Also I said you feared me, not the other way around ;)

Either way, yeeting swiss d1 means town!sabrar, so reading you clear this game.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Nice. What do you know about Forum Mafia? I want you thinking about 2-3 suspects as the day progresses, and try to get reasonings as to why. I don't expect them to be great, but I think that's something I'd want a new player to focus on.
I've played mafia but never online. My replies would be slow because I tend to be busy and its a lot to keep up with.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would like a serious answer please.

Top Bottom