• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

Wam

Smash Ace
Ranmaru was killed overnight they were town.
Sabrar was killed overnight they were town.

6 players left alive, 4 to lynch. Deadline is 12pm GMT Sunday the 28th. I'm happy to be flexible if people want a different time.

As well I will cut the nights to 24 hours unless there are any objections. I am happy for the objections to come by PM instead of in thread.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
And this is why I'm always in support of lynching the claimed vig.

bessie bessie Why did you wait until the very end of d1 to give your opinion on the whole tattertot being coached drama?

VOTE: BESSIE

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Well so much for my weekend. Overnight catch up post.

I think it is just strong enough that we can never read each other properly.
Of course. You are not the droids I am looking for. #jedimindtrick

Bessie -
There is no interaction from Bessie towards my slot on her part through out the whole game unless I prod her with a question. #235 #361 (#291)
There is little if any interaction from bessie toward any slot in the game unless bessie has been prodded with a question or someone has posted content that pings her. This was explained to you in my #443 on the previous page interesting that you forgot already.

In addition, lack of response to some of my questions to her. (About reads and her vote)
Where did you ask me a question to which I did not respond? Link, if indeed you can.

She has little progression on Somi before she places him as her dedicated tunnel in #249. (#213 in her #235, #306 in her #361)
I don’t have time to do in-depth reads on weekdays; I got to it as soon as I had an opportunity. I do the bulk of my posting on weekends. I say something about this in almost every game I play.

Examples:
Apex Legends Mafia
Sumting Sumting Mafia
Flavorless Mafia

See also: xkcd Game Archive
Brooklyn 99 Mafia
Crossover Mafia
Halloween Mafia
Newbie New Year Mafia

I can get more if needed, but they will be in the Wayback Machine.

Her tone is off in #441 and #443.
Opinion.

She asks her scumread to re-evaluate his avatar stance, not wording you use toward a scumread.
She also hedges while having him placed as her dedicated tunnel. Lack of conviction.
Now, before this post, the only progression she has towards Somitomi is her stating he missed the point. (Then hedging to imply that he deliberately missed the point) Notice that she tells him to please re-evaluate. That's not something you say to your for sure scum-read.
So sorry I wasn’t aware of the Correct Approved Format for wording that may be used when questioning a scumread. Can you provide me a link to the NIST or ISO Standard for mafia games?

What’s wrong with saying “please”?

You quoted my #235 which was made on Thursday, when I was still working through my reads. You are using a quote made two days earlier to challenge a conclusion I solidified on Saturday.

Does not use 'town lean' in reference to her town read of me, and instead uses 'will self-resolve'.
Now this is odd. In her #441, she has me as second town to DeadBananas. Yes this is how she describes it. She never mentions the word 'town lean'. It's so odd that she'd mention I'd self resolve while she has me high in her town list, she should have reasoning to support this but she doesn't feel the need to explain.
So sorry again, as explained above I missed the Standard’s approved wording that must be used to describe a town read; going forward I will correct this after you provide the NIST link. I thought the placement on my first ordered list and second ordered list on the final day was sufficient to convey my intent.

By self-resolve, I was implying that if you are not town you will probably lose steam late game. Is that what this is all about, is this OMGYS because you are offended by my choice of words?

Now let us proceed with Bessie's Lack of interaction with my slot:

Nothing in response. (Also by the way the line was way too long so I skipped) This isn't game content, but it's the easiest way to see that she is responding to statements of being away, yet only likes my post and intentionally ignores it.

So you see, at first I thought this was a personal decision. It didn't hit me until her reads list that this may be scum motivated. It just seemed odd that she'd intentionally ignore my slot while having me as top town for most of the game. I was mostly directing questions to her and there were times she had not responded.
I responded as I did to Deadbananas and LaserGuy because they were informing the thread that they would have limited activity for a period of several days, which would have a noticeable effect on their gameplay. I acknowledged in thread.
You said you were going to be gone for a couple hours. I liked your post because I am glad you qualify for the COVID vaccine. In California, we have so many people that I still cant get an appointment even though I have a compromised immune system. And it keeps me awake at night.
I’m not going to post a Bessie Dog pic for everyone that steps out of game for two hours. Your logic here is utterly bizarre and I can’t believe you are equating these situations.

In Short, her tone seemed fine, however it was a temporary town lean until she showed that her content would match the tone, and it does not. Her tone in her reads list matches her scum meta. She lacks conviction and uses the term 're-evaluate' toward a scumread, and the term 'will self resolve' to describe a strong town read. Also has lack of interactions with my slot unless prodded from my side. Lack of responses to some of my questions towards her.
Noting because I might want to use this quote again in the future.

Unvote; Vote: Bessie
Nice, you waited until I had signed off for the night, and had stated that I might not be back before end of day.

Now. I am going to 1v2 Bessie and Laser. From here on out, if I change my read, Lynch me. If One of Bessie / Laser flips town, lynch me. If Somitomi flips scum, lynch me.
I'm willing to bank it all on this read. Don't think I've ever been this confident. Fair enough on you seeing my mistakes. That's understandable. At the very least I got this out there, and hope it gets you thinking. If needed I'll get back on Tattertot, but I want Bessie if we can get the numbers. I think they don't expect Somi to be the lynch so would be comfortable sitting on that together, however Laser moved when Swiss voted Somi, since it became the leading wagon.
At least one of bessie / Laser must flip town. You’re the one that picked this hill to die on.

I developed some reservations regarding bessie but not enough to participate in her yeet from scratch while she's absent.
Very decent of you. Now let’s have your case on me.

I'm not 'comfortable' with any particular yeet, I would be happy with Swiss and okay-ish with Tattertot. I can accept LaserGuy as well but that's a safety net due to me not being able to read him.
Careful, Ranmaru will scum read you for your lack of conviction, if indeed he is applying it impartially.

Tattertot is not even a good yeet information wise because a lot of people (me included) were hedging between scummy-content and newbie/uncoached style.
Your resistance to this yeet is noted.

End of D1.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
And this is why I'm always in support of lynching the claimed vig.
Explain why. Also explain why you didn't say anything about this on D1, if this is something you "always" support.

bessie bessie Why did you wait until the very end of d1 to give your opinion on the whole tattertot being coached drama?
See above. I don't have time to do in depth analysis on weekdays.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Bessie Bessie Bessie.

Don't defend yourself, just tell me who you want to lynch.
Sorry, I spent all day Sunday on that post. and figured what the heck I'll post it anyway.

TBH I was going to have a closer look at Sabrar today if he didn't claim a power role.

My reads in #441 still apply. Reinforced by somitomi's scummy end of day vote.

Going to work soon. Back in 10 hours.

Vote: somitomi

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Nice work on Tattertot! ( Tattertot Tattertot I think you played well, we should talk post game. I have a friend who is also relatively new to forum mafia that plays here and comes from doing some other quicker versions of mafia as well.) Guess I should have trusted my first post take on Heury. Sorry Heury, and sorry others for pushing that.

The two kills are very interesting, can't really tell at all which one would be the vig and which one the nightkill tbh. Unless the vig claims before I get to re-reading, I'll try to analyze both Sabrar and Ran's final positions.

Tuesday's are a busy classday for me, but I'm working on re-reading and generating a new reads lists. I'll interact here while I do.

Swiss

Smash Lord
"Vote Laser, Vote Laser" Ranmaru screamed at Swiss. "Do it or we lose!" he insisted. "Yeah" Sabrar chimed in, eyes glazed like a fresh doughnut. "do itttt".

Swiss stood tall, proud. Firm in his belief.

"It's Bessie and Laser, I swear it" Ran spluttered, drool escaping from his mouth.

Yet Swiss remained still in his belief, an unshakeable will like the Colossus of Rhodes.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Possible that Sabrar was the vig.​
I was thinking this too, due to his large clash with Swiss, it could be because he was the vig instead. The problem is, I can't really see a universe where Sabrar shoots Ran. Granted I can't really see any reason to vig Ran from most people, but especially not Sabrar since at EoD they seemed pretty aligned.

The only person yet to post is Somi, so here's hoping Somi claims vig and we can get atleast a bit of clarity.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I just started a new job, so I'm not going to be around as much as before.

And I'll come back later in the evening but I want to get something done while there's still light outside. I just want to post this so we can move along:
somitomi somitomi first

Then idc about the order
Okay, I'm not the vig either. I used a cop on Heury and got a town result.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I just started a new job, so I'm not going to be around as much as before.

And I'll come back later in the evening but I want to get something done while there's still light outside. I just want to post this so we can move along:

Okay, I'm not the vig either. I used a cop on Heury and got a town result.
Somi is sus.

I have nothing to share about last night.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
So this is where I'm at:

bessie - Town. Cleared by #553 and #558.

Swiss - Town. Cleared by #524 and #540 .

Heury Alone - Town. Cleared by, among others, #399.

Deadbananas - Towniest Town that ever Towned.

somitomi - Scum. Everyone else is Town. This vote lookis pretty bad though. As does his Tatter read in #220 is lifted almost verbatim from my #178 and does not feel authentic at all.

Swiss

Smash Lord
IDK why people didn't use their abilities last night.

Somi couldn't have known he wasn't tracked or that Heury wasn't watched last night. Hell of a gambit. Makes me wonder.

Top Bottom