• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I'd feel bad yeeting Somi while they are away, especially while they still ahve questions asked of them. I'd also like to here from Heury and Bessie before then. But if they are both fine with it, and Somi doesn't have anything new to bring up then I'd be down since to me I don't think I'll change my mind on Somi today otherwise.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I tracked Bessie, got nothing
I really wished you'd said this before Bessie claimed nothing.

It would not surprise me if Bessie did not know for sure the vote count at the end of d1 when she posted. Somi voted laserguy less a minute for deadline so Bessie reacted with a quick vote for tattertot. Didn't even see wam call end of day.

I think it's apparent somi is going to be the d2 lynch, so I'm all for giving then one more chance to talk then ending d2. I am more suspicious of swiss then Bessie. I dont understand why swiss waited so long to claim tracker and I still don't understand the fake claiming vig. I agree somi is the best lynch for today though.

Unvote
VOTE: SOMITOMI

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
somitomi somitomi

Given that you inexplicably haven't hard cleared me for not voting Laser and staying on Tattertot when I didn't need to, why did you not cop me?

Just seems odd that you cop Heury
I picked a target on gut, as I said before I didn't even properly read EOD before the start of D2 and my mind is kind of mush anyway.
That's what I have on Bessie.

I think Yeeting somi and Bessie always results in a win here, unless someone ultra-bussed Tattertot, but that's incredibly unlikely and they would deserve to win
I don't think bessie deliberately ignored the end of day post, it just happened to come out that way, but that doesn't really matter. The logic of bessie voting as a face-saving maneuver makes sense and otherwise bessie's interaction with Tatter is inconclusive. She called out Tatter for dodging her questions or showing surprising insight for a supposed newbie, but scum!bessie would also distance like that. I don't know if she'd go as far as to put Tatter into voting range in her reads though.
Somi, Swiss could have just switched to Heury. This would have put it at 3 first and secured Heury being the yeet. Why do you think scum!Swiss would not do that?
If I'm not mistaken, Swiss had a townread on LaserGuy, although perhaps he could've jumped on the flash wagon without rousing much suspicion or maneuvered himself differently near EOD. Combined with a look at Tatter's reads (#236) I am fairly convinced Swiss isn't mafia though, I don't think scum would call their partner out in such detail when half the playerbase gets a single-sentence nullread or townlean.
Tatter's read on bessie sounds like hedging about their mate and (as mentioned already) LaserGuy is missing from this list and got a post-hoc nullread. I think scum would be more conscious about having some kind of read on their partner than to miss them entirely. On the other hand, LaserGuy was rather hedgy about Tatter for most of D1.
Bah, I have no clue...

Heury
Deadbananas
Swiss
Bessie
LaserGuy

Swiss

Smash Lord
bessie commenting on tattertot

I’m going to treat this as a newbie comment even though you claim to have some experience, but this is a scummy position to take. If you are town, the best thing you can do to help town is to contribute to the conversation. You don’t need to worry about being right or wrong. We’re all wrong more often than not. You should talk things out, and you’re allowed to change your mind. The scummiest think you can do is sit back and watch, and let others present opinions you can use as your own.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with hammering somi now. If they flip town, vote for no elimination d3, go into d4 with 3 players remaining.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Heury, I'm writing my daily catch up post now if you want to wait.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Daily Catch Up Post , Heury Sanctioned Edition

#564 bessie catch up
Utterly pointless most of it
Yeah, I already said that I wrote up that post on Sunday. I usually don’t like to put a lot of time into mafia in the night cycles so that I don’t feel like I’ve wasted a lot of time if the post becomes irrelevant due to what happens overnight, but the Day-Night cycles in this game do not overlap with my availability. And Ran had me riled up so there.

" top tier as a player because that is BoomFrog/Zen level play. "
Zen as a top tier player? I nearly fell off my chair
You mean there was such a time when Zen was a mere mafia mortal, and not the Great Demigod of the Gambit?? Someday you must tell me these tales of the legendary DGames past, Sensei.

More on the Heury case though, please
I can almost buy copping Heury as a scum read, because as I said in my reads post #441 , I find him frustratingly difficult to read. But I’m wondering if this claim is more of strategic positioning by scum!somitomi. Heury is a more casual player than some others. I can see scum wanting him around at endgame over someone that is going to do extensive nit picky rereads like me or LaserGuy.

I think the cop in this game is not a very useful power anyway, because it doesn’t really clear anyone, even if they are copped twice because there are up to two Godfather shots available, and only two cops available max. So this is a fairly safe claim for mafia to make, it can’t 100% clear a target. It could be Heury was rolecopped; I already said in #441 that I suspected Heury slipped that he had a power role.

The question here is who is scummier on the wagons. Somi and Sabrar both switch from Swiss to Laserguy, following Ran who switched from Tattertot. Somi is following out two confirmed towns. Bessie voted, claiming her vote to be a counter to Somi's vote. At the point Bessie entered the thread, the only viable wagons were either Tattertot, or Laser, unless Somi switched to Heury. Bessie is a smart, meticulous player from what i've seen. At this point, I'd guess that Bessie knows the rules regarding a vote tie, and that Tattertot will die either way. Bessie can't vote for Laser here, because that would contradict here reads list and position and reveal her to be scum. Ignoring Wam's deadline post, Bessie knows Tatter is dead either way since no one else is online, this is a good excuse for them to pop onto Tattertot's wagon and get some cred without actually bussing since he would have died anyway.
I went to bed after 12:30 am California time (reference #478 . Then I woke up and checked the thread a few minutes before deadline at 5:00 am. I was trying to catch up and when I saw somitomi post I posted quickly as insurance, I didn’t really have time to think through what the odds were of anyone else switching or if there was even anyone around to switch. I had wanted to end the day with my vote on somitomi if it wasn’t needed elsewhere, so there would be no question as to where my mind was, should I not be around on D2.

This brings up the problem of Bessie and Tattertot being mates in the first place. Tattertot mentioned being only online at limited hours, and Bessie is as well. If their hours didn't online well, perhaps Bessie would be unable to help Tattertot much since whenever he was on he had new questions to answer from people.
I don’t think this reason is valid. Conversations don’t need to be real time, and posting in scum chat is not the same as posting in thread.

Bessie then kills Sabrar since Sabrar knows her really well and is worried he would call her out, as well as allowing the vote to focus on Somi for today, her primary scumread, securing an easy day today.
Hahaha meta reason this probably doesn’t happen, perhaps LaserGuy will verify, but its not really that important though.

I am towncore, Bessie is not.
1616638079119.png

Just brings me back to that 'coaching' shtick.
I always help out newbies as any alignment, I assure you it is totally NAI for me. And I’ve taken **** for it in the past as both alignments. I can dig up examples if needed, but any xkcd player can back this up.

Relevant xkcd

And now, back to Heury.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Somi isn't even voting anyone.
yah, its giving me an odd vibe ngl.
I don’t think this reason is valid. Conversations don’t need to be real time, and posting in scum chat is not the same as posting in thread.
this point is fair. I probably went devil's advocate to hard there. If the game doesn't end with Somi then I'll have to give it more thought and try to think of something, or move on to looking at someone else. Don't think that'll happen though so my brain cells will be spared.
Hahaha meta reason this probably doesn’t happen, perhaps LaserGuy will verify, but its not really that important though.
I'm actually interested, but your probably right about it not being too important.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Swiss, feel free to hammer when you wake up. I don't want to in case you have something to add to the little conversation that has happened since.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
Bessie sounds logical and I don't have an issue with anything said, but what I do find curious is to why Bessie hasn't made a single accusation against anyone d2. I know Bessie "voted" somitomi d1, but she hasn't actually made a case against anyone today. Sounds like analysis for analysis sake.

Still don't know why swiss is "towncore" (their words).

So strange for town!somi to cop me. In case somi is rolecop, would others like to claim? I don't think it's too necessary.

I'm not even going to try to read laserguy or deadbanana at this point. If either is mafia, they can claim victory now.

Wam

Smash Ace
Sorry for the delay work got busy.

Final votals

Vote count - 4 votes to lynch.

Somitomi - 4 - bessie, laserguy, heury alone, swiss

Not voting
Somitomi, deadbananas,

Somitomi has been lynched. They were town.

It is now N2, deadline is 12pm gmt 26th. In about 26 hours.

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
Bessie has been killed. Bessie was town.

It is now day 3 4 players alive 3 to lynch.

Deadline is midday Thursday the 1st of April.

Swiss

Smash Lord
As soon as I hammered I regretted it. But he id look scummy.

Bessie is a bizarre kill, probably someone trying to avoid the watcher - which lends credence to Heury's cop clear.

Swiss

Smash Lord
LaserGuy
HeuryAlone
DeadBananas

Not a situation I wanted to find myself in.

Will be rereading today. I don't think Heury makes that night kill as my gut.

I was hoping DB would die overnight.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Well ****.

Just going to say it straight out, since I think mafia is trying to set me up. I copped Bessie last night, got the expected result. Did not expect her to die and that really screws up my plans.

Guess one of you lot likes Ms. Frizzle. Going to have to re-read because I have virtually no clue who it would be, also going to have to do some analysis to try to figure out who would kill Bessie and why.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, I'm busier over the weekends, not as much as last weekend, but I won't be on as much.

I'm also in support of Heury's plan right now for voting no elim. I doubt I die over night since it seems to me like I'm getting set up to be yeeted, but it should help clear up things unless someone pulls together a strong case.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I agree with deadbanana, the Bessie kill seems like it's trying to set deadbanana up. So is mafia deadbanana? No elim is best. I predict laserguy or I will be the kill, but that will clear them at least.

If deadbanana is mafia I'm shooting myself in the foot. But 80% sure it's swiss.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Heury I have been cleared by practically everybody.

I stopped Laser being lynched and went for Tatter. I was the only active player there to swing it where I could very reasonably have sheeped two confirmed towns with loud personalities. It would have been an insane bus.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, if it were you, Bessie, and deadbanana left, who would you vote?
Do you mean if we didn’t now know Bessies alignment?

In a 3 way I would, being honest, probably have gone Bessie.

I have reservations on both Laser and DB.

I’ll be doing a complete re read - probably Sunday latest Monday

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ By this I mean although she has gone up in my reads - to swap to everyone’s town read because of minor misgivings probably wouldn’t have happened

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
VOTE: NO ELIM

I need to re read all living players but first need to know who not to waste time on.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I did nothing.

I'm tentatively fine with NL as per standard strategy in MYLO. But I'm reasonably certain that Swiss is mafia and I'm pretty sure that's the play we will need to make. I'll make the case shortly.

Top Bottom