• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi VERSION 3!!!

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
No he cant. Game And Watch = NO! And "A Pair of Plumbers" Project is over ice climbers. Also Ice Climbers Wouldnt Work for only 1 model. And the teams already working hard to port waluigi to pit. Do you really want them to have to re-port?

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Didn't any of you see Snoopy's post? Waluigi could be over any character in the roster using the program tabuu. But, he's going over Pit. We've been over this. Pit is the final character port.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's true, to an extent. first, the model has to be able to take enough bones to replace the character, meaning Waluigi with 30ish bones won't be replacing ROB who has 163 bones (Waluigi's model could probably take up to about 100 bones, but that's just a guess off of others i've done). second, only replace Game and Watch if you want a 2d character, GW has hard coding that makes any model flat (like Hanenbow or Flatzone). third, only replace the Ice Climbers if you have two models to replace them with, it freezes if you only do one and it's best to avoid the huge amount of extra codes to get Solo Popo. but other than that, any character is replaceable.

and i'm surprised anyone actually remembers the Mario and Luigi pair over the Ice Climbers. that was forever ago that that came out.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
that's true, to an extent. first, the model has to be able to take enough bones to replace the character, meaning Waluigi with 30ish bones won't be replacing ROB who has 163 bones (Waluigi's model could probably take up to about 100 bones, but that's just a guess off of others i've done). second, only replace Game and Watch if you want a 2d character, GW has hard coding that makes any model flat (like Hanenbow or Flatzone). third, only replace the Ice Climbers if you have two models to replace them with, it freezes if you only do one and it's best to avoid the huge amount of extra codes to get Solo Popo. but other than that, any character is replaceable.

and i'm surprised anyone actually remembers the Mario and Luigi pair over the Ice Climbers. that was forever ago that that came out.
I was thinkign about a sonic/Tails duo :) thatd be da ****

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
heh, funny you should mention that. i did try that about the time that the Mario and Luigi pair were released, but the problem was that Tails's foot stretched across the screen, so i had to drop it. that, and since their bone structures are so different, one would always have a bunch of glitches while the other wouldn't. so as soon as Sonic has a TransN of 2, it's not happening (he has a TransN of 18. he has a lot of bones attached to face polygons.).

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Too bad you couldnt rip the sonic model from the same game the tails model came from. anyways back to waluigi. you guys should stop saying "can you port to....." because the team is already working very hard to port him to pit. doublek already posted alot that he is being ported to pit. anyways its his hack.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Well, Snoopy. Porting over G&W causes them to become flat? I think I'll submit a very early teaser for my next project, coming after Waluigi.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
funny you should mention that as well,

unfortunately, GW doesn't use standard patterns, so this is the best i could get for a Paper Mario. incidentally, my finding that GW has hard coding that makes him flat inspired MeleeMaster500 (i think it was him) to make all of Mario's animations flat. but this was a few months ago. it would be a lot easier to just flatten Mario down and go from there. though i think there were a few mess ups that happened here and there with doing it that way. i still have the files if you want, but i wouldn't know how you would go about giving him a regular texture. oh, and he randomly changes colors too. not sure why.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it won't. this is one of the files that doesn't open in Tabuu for whatever reason, so i had to do all the changes i did by hand in a hex editor. what are you trying to change?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
then just open a clean FitToonlink.pac and look there. it'll be the same offset.

but if that's all your doing,

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywy1uwjqxoi4b38

here's the current Waluigi PSA, with the ability to hold items.

yeah, i just fixed it during the process of writing this post. i'm just that fast. ;)

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
Ok Snoopy, I tested waluigi and yes I could pick up items:bee: and so could the cpu and speaking of the cpu, First , the cpu still thinks its toon link moves, for ex. the standard b would be the bow arow and the cpu would not do the move right and think its that move. Second on his Victories, one I think had the pig and it was all over the place, and third I still can hear toon link's voice. I just don't want to hear a kid over waluigi:glare: so I hope you could fix all these issues.;)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, first, i'm not going to remove a bunch of sounds from this, because the project is being ported to Pit, and i don't want to waste a bunch of time removing the sounds (the FitToonlink.pac still opens in PSA, so if TL's voice bugs you that badly, you can remove them yourself. Tabuu's not required to do that). second, we can't really edit the AI, so if the computer thinks it's TL, then there's nothing we can do. third, the victory thing would just be an animation problem, and probably because it hasn't been made yet (i'm just guessing, though. i'm not sure what animations have and haven't been done).

besides, i'm just the model porter and glitch fixer here.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
The new psa doesnt have toonlink sounds and all his moves have been updated. I'll give snoopy the newest file RIGHT NOW. I'm tired of making people wait. I'm all pissed off at myself. :mad:

Edit: Of course, after finally having the time to come on here and update...
mediafire: IQ error.
filefactory: server error.
2shared: an error occured.
megaupload: an error occured, please try again.
mega file: copy error:Max Upload Size or Upload directory can not be writen in.
Just whats going on here?!

Edit2: FINALLY!!! Giving Snoopy the link.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ok, but in the game will the csp's look exactly like that? I just don't want a black background in the csp's;)
Yes they will. If you import them in sc_selcharacter.pac, they'll look exactly like that. The transparent BG is already there, and will show up transparent in-game

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
So, it won't show a black backround in the game? Is that what transparent means?
That's right. Basically,m transparent is supposed to mean no background at all. When you replace it in BrawlBox, you'll see a checkered background. That means it's transparent. Common sense, man. It's done in Photoshop.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Snoopy, are you going to release the link on brawl vault since doulbek642 gave it to you?

Edit: When are you going to release the new csp's?
The whole reason I only gave it to him is because it's still a private file between the team. This is part of the next version. We aren't going to release it unfinished. Be patient, and the next version will be released, over a new character, voices gone, new moves added, glitches fixed, and even item grabbing.

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
Ok doublek642 you can keep the file private but the new character your putting over is pit correct? I would rather have waluigi over toon link. And I recall snoopy saying you can put him over any character through tabuu, so once you and your team release the next version I can port waluigi over toon link myself:bee:

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Ok doublek642 you can keep the file private but the new character your putting over is pit correct? I would rather have waluigi over toon link. And I recall snoopy saying you can put him over any character through tabuu, so once you and your team release the next version I can port waluigi over toon link myself:bee:
Ok. He is not going to re-port.

Top Bottom