• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

walljump after upb?

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
any tips?
i was practicing it in adventure mode on that first wall
then i went to shroom kingdom and tried liek team toast

hella failed

any tips?

Smash Journeyman
uhm i master it. i just went to fourside and practiced it there till i had it down pact.
its a great level for it to me.

though i believe you can only pull it off on yoshi story. which is where i do mine most of the time

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
go to fourside on training and slow the speed down till you understand when you're actually supposed to walljump.

Then just put the game back to normal speed and drill it.

And for the record, you can probably do it on more stages. Greenmario did it against me on Dreamland friday at FRXII.

Yes. Dreamland.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
but i dont understand exactly when the timing is...
is there some thread with frame data or something about it?
or should i just keep practicing till i understand?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh... guess it'd make sense to kinda explain that *slaps self*

If you look at the animation, near the end of it, mario comes out of his punch animation and starts to spin. Right before he starts spinning, that's when you walljump. You actually have a fairly big window to when you can walljump (he actually can start spinning).

The thing you have to remember is to make sure you're holding towards the stage as you up+b, then wall jump as you hit that point. You have to actually ride the wall up with your up+b.

Saez

Smash Rookie
all i did was practise with some friends and stuff like that the only time u can usually pull it off is in yoshi's story i find it very useful

Top Bottom