• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walk-in Closet (Refurbished)

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
I dunno... in all my experience... Straight zelda is THE WAY to go versus ZSS... she just completely dominates.... but shiek vs. ZSS is so much more fun to me... so it really depends on why you are playing... for fun? or to win?

You know what, you are totally right! I never had trouble fighting ZSS with Zelda either, but I like to use both Zelda and Sheik, and I never had difficulties beating ZSSamuses with Sheik. I find ZSS pretty easy to predict and its **** easy to stay one step ahead. And also, I find it more easy to edgeguard ZSS with Sheik. I must admit it's a lot more fun to fight ZSS using Sheik than Zelda. Maybe its because I never played against very good ZSS..

popsofctown

Smash Champion
aye, i can't use that. Usually games that you totally dominated centered on some major mistakes your opponent was making, failure to punish, failure to adapt their playstyle to a new opponent, failure to remember that it's not a good idea to jump around over Zelda's head.....
If someone has experiences of barely beating ZSS, or even getting 2 stocked, that would be better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think Zelda completely shuts down ZSS, she has priority over almost all of ZSS's attacks and with dins fire, ZSS is forced to approach you and then proceeds to be punished.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
I play both Zelda and Zamus...although I used to main Zelda, but discovered that I'm much better with Zamus...so Zamus is now my main.

So with that in consideration I have to say that I don't have a lot of difficulty fighting other Zelda's with my Zamus...but that just could be because I know exactly how Zelda works...and I've played against a really good Zelda, however I haven't played any great Zamus's with my Zelda...but as an avid Zamus player I have to say that though she can be a bit easy to read - just because you know what moves she'll default to if she spaced a certain way from you - a good Zamus player will keep mixing everything up and never really spam one move unless it's for a specific reason.

Also...although most of Zelda's attacks will outprioritize Zamus's tilts I'm pretty sure Zamus has more of an advantage with her smashes that have hit boxes that are a hell of a lot more disjointed than Zelda's are...also her specials namely side B and up B are disjointed as well...and she has a much more spammable projectile that paralyzes to boot (which is a great combo starter)

I actually find it a bit more challenging to fight Sheik with Zamus...it could be the mere fact that Sheik's speed can rival Zamu's speed so she can get up closer to Zamus a lot better than her magical princess counterpart.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
There's much dispute here...

Who can use the suit parts at the beginning of the match better? Sheik or Zelda?

Snakeee

Smash Master
There's much dispute here...

Who can use the suit parts at the beginning of the match better? Sheik or Zelda?
Before ppl jump in and say Zelda because she can reflect them, realize that the move lags a lot and ZSS can just wait for it to end and then hit her with the armor piece. I would actually say Sheik would be better for that because of her speed.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
For Wario, I think Shiek is better. Grab->release to usmash. You might even get the tipper.

Or maybe Zelda to rack up damage and then change to Shiek for the kill.

Captain Falcon should be StZ, or just Shiek. I'm sure Shiek's moves come out faster then Falcons', so it'll be easy to outcamp him. I think he's f-tilt lockable...not 100% sure on that.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The reasoning everyone picked Zelda for vs. Falcon is actually because her moves are slower... Falcon's generally have pretty bad afterlag, Zelda's punishments are harsher than Sheik's.

vs. Wario, Zelda has grab release->lightning kick.

Grab release abuse is really overestimated and overapplied when considering Wario's matchups. Wario is really really good at evading grabs. He's one of the ICs harder matchups.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Okay, but why would you want wait to punish when you can just rack up damage more easily? Also, Shiek isn't a bad punisher either. She can chain lock, ftilt->whatever, grab (her grab is better then Zelda as she can follow up with aerials, while Zelda's throws the opponent to far to do anything). Unless CF is at a high %, there's really no point in Zelda hitting like a truck.

I think I'mma agree w/ the Wario situation, but evading grabs is dependent on the player.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
k... I call foul here on olimar.... shiek can easily gimp his lame recovery.. go with shiek there...

also, zelda is pretty efficient against fox on her own... I still prefer shiek or both... but zelda is viable

also... Jiggly is Zelda's matchup to lose.... and my experience vs. ness has always been better with zelda alone... but I heare that's not the case for others.... regardless... meh.... I don't agree with a lot of this.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
whom are you supporting for vs. Jiggs?

The tilt lock is a pretty difficult to refute advantage against fox, i'd need more support

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
whom are you supporting for vs. Jiggs?

The tilt lock is a pretty difficult to refute advantage against fox, i'd need more support
Zelda > Jiggz

Shiek or StZ is the BEST choice for fox... but Zelda STILL has a favourable matchup against him is all I'm saying

popsofctown

Smash Champion
though i'm keeping this updated, please move discussion to the Sheik/Zelda selection thread in the Sheik forums. The Sheik one has had a bit more activity recently, and it's stickied... Also, although i the thread was originally placed here, because i saw Zelda the character is the base from which you get Sheik, it's more relevant to start in the Sheik forums, since in Brawl you start from Sheik and go to "Super Zelda" for kills sometimes.

Top Bottom