• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wake County, NC - 'Scrub Education' Tournament [Date and Location set]

Gatewood

Smash Rookie
Oh!

Can't make this tourney, but Malk knows whats up in what... three weeks, Yeah road trip baby.

THO

Dublio

Smash Ace
Finally, Matta's back from his week long camping trip. Hope you had fun, for tomorrow we shall have more!

24 hours till the tournament!

ThePerfect x1x

Smash Rookie
Sup NC peeps, hows everything going. Couple of my friends and I were going to show to this but they kinda bailed on me to do something else..ah well..I'll try to find a diff way up. *somehow*
Oh yeah, anyone here going to the Goldsboro gaming thing next Sat ? I know I can make that....just working on how to get to tomorrows thing at Karns. -Peace

Malk

Smash Champion
Try to get a ride with someone else coming. Anyone traveling through Wilmington? I don't know exactly where that is but some nubs should be able to pikc you up.

Oh yeah, and it's fine if you show up by 1, just call me and we'll wait.

ThePerfect x1x

Smash Rookie
Well I guess I lucked out, I have a couple of friends heading up that way *towards Durham* for a card event....they said they could drop me by and pick me up...only prob being they are leaving like at 5 something tomorrow morning and would be passing by Raleigh around 7:30-8:30ish....and IDK what time they would be heading back that evening / night. I'm also short a partner in doubles if someone wants to doubles with me. Anyways I'm out -Peace

Malk

Smash Champion
You can stop by 7:30 or 8:30, that's fine I guess. Get my cell number from earlier in the post and call when you show up, we're spending the night at the tourney site. If you want to stay late for singles finals and crews you can spend the night and get a ride home Sunday.

Are your friends going to Planar Chaos prerelease? Funny

ThePerfect x1x

Smash Rookie
lol, thats good......yes in fact it is the PC pre. I was tempted to go play magic as well...but eh....I was like "F" it, I rather play smash...lol Anyways, its all good. I'll give you a ring around 7:30-9 when I show and such. *hope your all awake...lol* I'll prob stay/play/chill till late that night *whenever my friends are on the way back*. All n all thanks for the help Malk, can't wait to get started...its gonna be great. Peace and GL all.

Malk

Smash Champion
Yeah it's gonna be fun. early morning smash whooo, maybe we'll go get breakfast at waffle house or something.

I used to play magic a lot. Ok I'm excited. fjfdlskjfsdlkf I have nothing to do tonight i want it to be tourney time

PacStrife

Smash Ace
This thing is gonna be too good, My guess at Adams secret partner? How bout Zio!?!?!?! That vjunk would simply be too good! I will probably arrive with TLOZ and 59JS at about 11 or 11:30am. So me and malk can practice winning teams :) Cant wait to meet all the new people and remember I'll be the guy with the Pac-man shirt on beat some *** with gay falcon! too good!

Dublio

Smash Ace
Gah, it's so hard to sleep! Too excited! Ooogie boogie man!

Yay, It's 9pm and we're leaving! See everyone in nearly 3 hours!

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Well some slightly bad news TLOZ and 59 wont be able to come to this after all. I will still be there though and I'm just as special :) So yall miss out on seeing the best link and ganon in the state..... oh well there's always next time. Also I have been instructed to bring 59 some money home so I guess I gotta win something :) See everyone in a little while!

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Grrahhhhh. I'm about ready to kill someone. Sorry guys, but I apparently can't show up...to my own tournament. So, fzck it. It's yours now, karn. Have fun, y'all. -.-

Dublio

Smash Ace
Woot! Awesome! This was extremely fun. Nice to fight some new people, even though I embrassed myself on a few on the matches. Hope everyone had fun as well. Also, there were like 7-8 Marths there. Poor Malt had to face 4 different ones in a row. Also, gotta give props to Matta for repping Mario. No one ever usually plays the plumber in tournaments. Not to mention he did extremely well considering the fact he can't wavedash.

Also, I now have mental pictures of Malk, PacStrife, Lord Karn, Jason, and Jordan so I'll probably actually recognize them if I see them again. Err, does that seems a little bit creepy?

Malk

Smash Champion
I didn't learn who anyone actually was at the tourney, handlewise, but great fun all the same.
I'll do shoutouts at a later time, just know they include NCBobby eating his first quad. Another man takes on the eternal challenge to be the best - the quad master.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Shoutouts! Warning: Extremely Long.

My name is Dubs. I was the one with the bright orange shirt (besides Malk) and played as Marth. Which doesn't mean anything seeing as there were 6 other Marths at the tournament today. Anyway, here's a long summarized shoutout for the people I remember.

I remember Malk introducing himself and I was thinking that he looked a lot different then I thought he would, with his picture on MySpace and all. So I said to Malk "Your hair's a lot longer then it was on MySpace." Then everyone in the room stared at me. "Creepy!" someone shouted, then everyone started laughing. On a doubles friendly, he did a ledgesing, jumped over and rested, and missed. That part was funny. Also, he had to face 4 marths all in a row for the tournament. Muwawah. Played as Jigglypuff, Shiek, and Pikachu. Also played Game and Watch versus someone.

PacStrife whipped me with Falco so fast and effortlessly that my jaw dropped, ouchie. I was looking for a guy with a pacman shirt when PacStrife first introduced himself and I wondered where his shirt was and said "Wah! I don't see no pacman! Where is he!?!" and he said "My pacman shirt's in the washer." Only saw his Capt. Falcon match vs NcBobby at Pokemon Stadium I think. Also played Ganondorf once against Matta.

NcBobby ***** me with Shiek, geez her Aerial Fair is godly. Then he was all like "Pick my character, besides the gay ones." So I was like "Uhh...Kirby?" Then Malk said to me "You know Kirby's good against Marth right?" Whoops. Anyhoo, I won...barely, then NcBobby said "You know I never play him right?" Yay! Almost lost to Kirby! There goes my masculinity. Then he picked Shiek again and beat me to Tuesday.

Lord Karn, He was my very first match as soon as I got there. We had a Marth ditto and I got 3-stocked. I think it was because he killed himself that he lost a life. Oh well. I lost so fast that I have no idea what to say.

Toshiba, I remember playing in the beginning for 2 matches. Nice to see a Luigi player, since I don't seem to see many people that play him for tournaments.

ThePerfectx1x, I assume was the guy sitting on the side when I first got there. I guess you were sick of smash since you were there very early? Anyhoo, for Captain Falcon, he definitely knows how to do the dashdances and shorthops. My match against him was my first Captain Falcon fight, and I think we were pretty equal. Then we had a Marth ditto, yay. Lots of Marth dittos today lol.

Jason, whose tagname I don't know, I played a few friendlies with him. He played Marth and Luigi. Playing a bunch of friendlies is also a great way to improve yourself. Keep up going to tournaments and we're become a lot better. I'm going to guess that Jason is Hockey007?

Vincent was the one who mained Ganondorf. I think he was the only one who mained Ganondorf there. After his doubles with Matta and IntegraKid, I played a few friendlies with him. Then after the tournament started, I got to fight him again right after I fought his teammate. How funny is that.

Vincent's teammate, who also played Marth as well, I played a few friendlies with him after his doubles match, then fought him in the tournament right off the bat I think. Funny how that works.

IntegraKid88, I didn't play you today I think. It doesn't really matter though since I just went to your house yesterday and played a few doubles friendlies.

MattaMario, I'll restate what I said above cause I think you did great repping Mario today. Like I said, no one wants to play Mario as a main in Tournaments, not to mention the lack of wavedashing and l-canceling, yet still doing awesome.

Hockey007 is Jason I think, I know Negative Zero didn't go, LoZr came later but I saw him, I don't think Munkie came cause I didn't see any Peaches (Besides Matta's secondary), and I hope I remembered everybody. Probably forgot a few but if I did, it's cause I probably didn't play you or my mind went blank.

I'm surprised my mind managed to remember this. I guess this is what you refer to as a shoutout. Anyhoo, I had tons of fun and hope we can have another gathering soon. (Which I assume will be after the 2/3/07 tournament in Washington DC sometime.)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Ok so i suppose I shall post some results then,

1st - NC Bobby
2nd - Pac!
3rd - Karn
4th -Malk

This was an extremly fun event and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Bobby you need to come to some more tourneys man and get on da' NC rankings list son! Also I learned today that I dont know how to fight samus lolz. ummm as for everyone else good games all around and I'll post my shout outs later.

ps. I had to play the entire day with random controllers cause I left mine at home :( Thanks alot michael for being my go to man for a good controller! Also nice Samus but you gotta graple recover!!

hockey007

Smash Cadet
Wow, that was fun, makes me wanna go to another one :). My parents won't mbug you as much next time as they did yesterday I promise :p. I surprised no one fourstocked me (probably due to luigi misfires lol), ah well I still got consistantly beat down. Thanks to everyone for making my first tournament really enjoyable.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Like I said, everyone gets beat down unmercifully at their first tournament. But you'll become better in time and stop getting beat down. Not saying I didn't, I got beat down a lot and got a few good matches as well. =)

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
Ya i had a great time, got paired with ncbobby as my first match and malk as my second, not exactly the best of starts but i guess thats the luck of the draw. Atleast now i know what to shoot for and ill make sure to start training a lot earlier next time.

Top Bottom