• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait...Exactly how awesome is SSBB going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Quit defending the online. There's no rooms. You can't even do one on one matches, and you will have to play with a ton of newbs with items because there's no ranking system. Oh yeah, and the worse part, no stock. What the phuck is that? Nintendo/Sakurai just can't except good gamers. I mean,the online is awful. I can't seriously beilve there isn't something besides basic brawl, there better be.
The thing is, even if they implemented it well, it would still suck. Signals can only travel so fast across the internet. Until the entire country replaces all the internet infrastructure with fiber optic cables placed strategically to minimize latency, it won't be possible to play someone that doesn't live very close to you well at a fast paced fighting game such as smash. Thus, theres no reason to focus a great deal of effort on it.

Whats more important is making the engine as deep and competitive as Melee's, instead of simplifying and trivializing things to hell like Nintendo has done with their games recently.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
If you're being sarcastic, then please stop spamming my thread. If not, then please go die in a fire. No, but seriously, Melee doesn't even HAVE online, and yet it is a KICKASS game. You're complaining about an EXTRA thing that Melee DOESN'T HAVE? *facepalm* Also, if you don't like Sonic, deal with it. Beat him up or something. If you're complaining about no Wavedashing, then go play SSB64 and tell me that's not a great game without it.
Melee and Smash 64 are both great games. It's just that Nintendo has put online in but it sucks (bare bones) and is lag filled. If they put online in, then they should have done a good job of it. I am not spamming your thread and I don't like death threats.

T-major

Smash Champion
you know that feeling you get when you take a huge dump?

... thats how awesome Brawl is going to be...

Official Seal of Awesomeness to whoever gets this reference

and perpetual ownage... you haven't used Brawl online... no one has. you, me, or anyone else has NO RIGHT to say how good or bad Brawl's Online will be. how do you know it's lag filled? thats right, you don't. Mario Strikers Charged apparently has very good online, with hardly no lag at all unless your playing someone half way across the world. what gives you the idea that Brawl won't be the same, if not better? yeah, it's not as good as X Box Live. so what? Melee didn't have Online, and it's better then all the X Box Live games combined. Brawl has Online; don't like it? don't use it. your not forced too...

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Melee and Smash 64 are both great games. It's just that Nintendo has put online in but it sucks (bare bones) and is lag filled. If they put online in, then they should have done a good job of it. I am not spamming your thread and I don't like death threats.
First off, you don't know that it's lag-"filled". Of course there will be some lag as with pretty much all online games, but you don't know yet how bad or good it will be. Also, what's wrong with bare bones? A lack of ranking system prevents people from trying to cheat to get to the top, and lack of communication is to prevent being annoyed by complete n00bs. I mean, as long as you get to play against someone, that should be good...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
O_o I'm amazed that SSBM was made so quickly. But yes, this game is going to be ridiculous.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I want to talk to my friends. I also want more than basic brawl and team match. I want more customization with basic brawl like no items, 1 vs 1. No-one will cheat to the top as long as Nintendo keeps updating Wii.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I want to talk to my friends. I also want more than basic brawl and team match. I want more customization with basic brawl like no items, 1 vs 1. No-one will cheat to the top as long as Nintendo keeps updating Wii.
In terms of technology there is one simple rule in Security: There is no such thing as an unhackable system

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1 word.
WOW.
I didn't think the game would turn out like that.
after all this updates that we've been getting : Garbage.
I just hope Sakurai's hiding all of this from us and won't say it till release.
Remember Sakurai's famed "the end", in which he'll reveal TONS OF INFO TO US!

Wavedashing is out and Sonic is in. Online is terrible. Friend codes, no voice chat. No ranking system. You can't even see your opponents names. I hope it is good but it looks too much like a party game. If it sucks, I'm switching to Tekken or sticking with Melee.
Online we hardly know anything of. You people fail, because all we know is what Sakurai has told us thus far. EVER HEARD OF OPTIONS ON ONLINE, ANY OF YOU=??? IT'S THE BUTTON BELOW FRIEND'S AND BASIC BRAWL! WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT.

Nah, there has to be WDing. It's real pretty.
One tech, really. We don't need it, at all. Edge huggin takes away one of it's uses, we can still waveland, and more range for a lot of characters makes it less needed. It's basically a minor deal.

Wavedashing isnt what makes smash bros as fun as it is. Its just one little techinque.

SSBB is going to be epic. :D
QFT. We'll get new techs, as well.

Quit defending the online. There's no rooms. You can't even do one on one matches, and you will have to play with a ton of newbs with items because there's no ranking system. Oh yeah, and the worse part, no stock. What the phuck is that? Nintendo/Sakurai just can't except good gamers. I mean,the online is awful. I can't seriously beilve there isn't something besides basic brawl, there better be.
Stop sounding like a spoiled scrub. LOOK AT OPTIONS, BELOW BASIC BRAWL AND FRIEND'S LIST! WE know of NOTHING IN THERE! As far as we know, options is a advanced options thing, like with Halo. Chose the game type (slayer, team slayer, juggernaut), and options, and seek game. You can probably chose 1v.1, 2v.2, items on/off, and so on. Again, we KNOW LIKE 5% OF ONLINE DETAILS! WE don't even know how it runs! XD Stop speaking out of your a**, and think.

Online sucks so bad, I would rather there not be an online at all.
You are a spoiled scrub on all extremes. Take what you are given, without complaining like a spoiled 4 year old. Again, we still know VIRTUALLY NOTHING ABOUT BRAWL BUT WHAT WE KNOW FROM E FOR ALL, THE JUMPFESTA DEMO, AND THE DOJO! Stop talking like ignorant elitists already some of you. Seriously-do I need to give a moral lesson or something! :laugh:

And if any of you have ever played MP: Hunters online, it has NO LAG, in a 4 person match. Brawl will have FASTER and BETTER online then that, guarenteed. There will be no lag within like 300-500 miles of where you live, guarenteed. o_O

THIS IS THE WII'S ONLNE AT STAKE, PEOPLE! This is Nintendo's Halo 3 and Gears of War combined, for goodness sake! :urg:

Obviously many of you are spoiled, and didn't have a very merry Christmas. Complain about the game when it comes out, peoples.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Can I complain about how MP hunters had voice chat but Brawl does not? I don't care about talking to whiny children, I want to talk to my friends instead of having to call them.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Can I complain about how MP hunters had voice chat but Brawl does not? I don't care about talking to whiny children, I want to talk to my friends instead of having to call them.
Ventrilo. Use it. No excuses.

Also people, the online is fine. There is nothing wrong with it and if you think the Wii's online sucks, The Medal of Honor game would gladly like to have a word with you.

T-major

Smash Champion
then invite them over to your house and play them. stop complaining because you have to make the extra effort to invite them over...

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I have friends in other countries. Long distance calls are expensive. Talking to friends while playing games makes the experience alot better. I don't like it when I can't talk.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I agree. The online doesn't suck in the least. Do I wish it were better? Yes, everyone wishes it were better. Do I think it sucks? No. I believe it's wonderful we're even getting it. 'With Anyone' is an amazing feature for a Nintendo game. There are very few Nintendo games that give you any online modes without friend codes. (The only one I can name off the top of my head would be Pokemon D/P) The capabilities of online were obviously Nintendo's decision, not Sakurai's.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Think of all your wildest dreams coming true all at once, then multiply that feeling by ten

Brawl will be better than that.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
the online is gonna be cool..i could understand how it may not be at its full potential because of rankings and all that...but who cares....being able to fight online in smash at all is good enough for me...the game is gonna be awesome both online and off
Lack of Voice Chat, even in FC matches is a HUGE bummer though.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Over 2 years of development, while Melee had about a year? I'll let Sakurai say it.

"It’s like a dream action game." :p

T-major

Smash Champion
I have friends in other countries. Long distance calls are expensive.
be thankful you'll even get to play against them at all...

theres no voice chat... so what? you don't NEED voice chat; it's just a feature that would be cool. yeah, it would be better if tit had it, but it doesn't... is your most looked forward to game ruined now? no?... well golly gee, what do you think of that...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I am sick of tired of seeing judgemental SOBS like "The Hypnotist" and "perpetual ownage" shooting their mouths off. I'm amazed you enjoy any games with how deaf and blind you two idiots are being. I'm not even a competitive person and I don't have any friends to hang out with so online is going to be a big deal for me, and you two clods are certainly ruining the experience of even wanting to try it if these are the kind of people I'll be facing. In fact I'll be GLAD there's no voice chat, because listening to losers like you would make me sicker than hearing whiny im... never mind, you are both.

Anyhow, all of the above posters are correct. We have a cast of great characters, Ike too, no character is broken if you ask me, you just have to figure out how to use him. A lot of different options for whether you're alone or with friends. Can't say I'm happy about there not being individualized target maps, but It'll be fun any way you slice or punch it. Heck, even the SSE is going to be awesome. I know my co-workers and i are going to have a blast at this. To dis a game that you haven't even tried yet because of one of quite a few features is a sad thing.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
This game is going to be good. SSBB has the best replay value of any game that I played.

some fine points

- stage builder
- bigger cast
- more stages
- 3rd party characters
- an intresting story mode
- game cube controller capable( one of the thngs I like most about this game.)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Man che me du nam, agha?

*Ahem* Sorry for the Farsi. The whole millions thing was probably an exagerration, but I expect SSBB's sales to be at least somewhat close to Halo 3's sales.
Guessing you're Persian?

Anyway, this game will most likely exceed my expectations.

Weed

Smash Lord
Seriously...let us look at the list:

-Tons of money is going into this game.
-Tons of money going into the staff.
-"The Studio" is making this game. (My research tells me it's Capcom, the creator of the best selling fighting game series, Steet Figher)
-Tons of money is going into online.
-2 third party characters thus far confirmed, in which both are AWSOME! :)
-Awsome game combat system, that is fun and original, and never gets old.
-40 on up roster, all but guarenteed.
-Tons of techniques.
-40 plus stages.
-The Subspace Emissary, and it being 10 hours on up long!
-Classic mode is actually decent.
-Best DI EVER!
-Diddy Kong
-An actual story
-Stage builder; you make your own stages!
-There are infinite stages.
-Trophy collectables.
-two player Subspace Emissary story ADVENTURE! :)
-Sticker collectables.
-Odd and awsome combinations of teams in the Subspace Emissary.
-Items are much better then the last two games.
-A story with plots and twists.
-Assist Trophies.
-Bosses.
-Nintendo's biggest title, with more staff power then probably any other Nintendo game, EVER! Possibly even the most staff power for a single game, EVER! o_O
-Huge Roster.
-Customizable control schemes.
-At least around like 40 musicans working on a game, and most good games only have 3 musicans. Melee had AT MOST like 5! >_<
-4 control schemes.
-Over 12 companies making the game.
-3 taunts.
-It's Nintendo's biggest game this generation of gaming.
-Bet on matches.
-The Wii's BIGGEST TITLE!
-Watch a Brawl.
-Melee sold around 7 million units.
-Online.
-Get a new stage a day FOR THE REST OFF YOUR LIFE!
-Everything basically has multiplayer and online.
-"Guest" characters, colliding with Nintendo characters, and Nintendo's second party's characters.
-2P event matches.
-Event matches.
-TONS of Returning veterans!
-TONS of newcomers.
-Random characters.
-AAA grade characters.
-Tons of fighting styles under one game.
-This game IS it's own genre. It's a fighter, a (third person) shooter, a action game, a adventure game, a sports game (stock and KO style), and so on.
-The game is original.
-It's as original as a one of a kind game, like a game that is the only game in it's series.
-Surprise characters.
-The best of the best are making this.
-Probably over 200 people are making this game.
-At least 2-4 companies are almost SOLEY focusing on this game, or are now.
-The biggest names in gaming are working on this game.
-There are probably over 1,000 contributors to this game.
-Most musicans for a video game, EVER!
-It's epic.
-Fun, original pysics, that anyone (casual or competitive) can play, enjoy or love.
-Infinte replay value.
-Record videos (3 minutes, though).
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Solid Snake
-The game NEVER will get old, EVER!
M
Is that enough for you=???
It would be, but all they want is MOARMOARMOARMOARMOAR

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think SSBB will be spectacular. I mean, it made up in every department that Melee was lacking in. (except maybe advanced techniques, but I don't care much about those) It will have better everything. The Adventure Mode will kick a lot more *** than melee's half ***** adventure mode.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
That's a very competitive way to look at things. It's not perfect(by a long shot), but some of the gripes about it aren't so bad.
No, your lying to yourself. Considering this is the 7th generation, it's TERRIBLE!

No rooms??!?!?!??! Not to mention no voice chat. We get 4 taunts... that we can only use with our friends. I mean seriously, let us play stock... Oh yeah, we can't do that because then for awhile the loser won't be able to play... uggh

Phuck Nintendo and Sakurai's online policy, it's terrible. And it's the reason smash won't be perfect because otherwise the game sounds virtually perfect.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I am sick of tired of seeing judgemental SOBS like "The Hypnotist" and "perpetual ownage" shooting their mouths off. I'm amazed you enjoy any games with how deaf and blind you two idiots are being. I'm not even a competitive person and I don't have any friends to hang out with so online is going to be a big deal for me, and you two clods are certainly ruining the experience of even wanting to try it if these are the kind of people I'll be facing. In fact I'll be GLAD there's no voice chat, because listening to losers like you would make me sicker than hearing whiny im... never mind, you are both.

Anyhow, all of the above posters are correct. We have a cast of great characters, Ike too, no character is broken if you ask me, you just have to figure out how to use him. A lot of different options for whether you're alone or with friends. Can't say I'm happy about there not being individualized target maps, but It'll be fun any way you slice or punch it. Heck, even the SSE is going to be awesome. I know my co-workers and i are going to have a blast at this. To dis a game that you haven't even tried yet because of one of quite a few features is a sad thing.
Mature calling me an idiot. Quit being a fanboy, what we've heard so far about online play is terrible. And hello, if there was voice chat.. it'd be OPTIONAL! I mean seriously, admit it's dumb that you don't even get to pick the stage, or the items or how skilled the player is. I mean, serously you really think that's good?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Brawl could have voice chat. Reggie Films-Aimes (or however you spell it) says voice chat is possible, along with downloadable extra online content. Heck, downloadable extra content is being done by the makers of Guitar Hero III, and there will be a voice chat/mic eventually probably. Even if it comes out post-Brawl's release, you probably will be able to speak over the game. Hopefully with a easy access mute button on the mic! :) O, and long-dstance...bleah. I'm not planning on facing anyone in Europe soon, because even if it's Halo, it will lag.

Chances are, eventually Brawl will have it. And stop whinning...this game has more features then any other game before it, and all I hear is "I WANT MROE!". Seriously, stop whinning, and be thankful. Be thankful you got good muffins and muffin information, as oppose to none at all.

Ventrilo. Use it. No excuses.

Also people, the online is fine. There is nothing wrong with it and if you think the Wii's online sucks, The Medal of Honor game would gladly like to have a word with you.
QFT. Seriously, all some people do is be negative, and whine about the TWO THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE, INSTEAD OF THE TRILLIONS OF THINGS (STAGES) THEY HAVE! You can builid a f***ing stage. TRILLIONS OF F**ING STAGES. THAT ALONE MAKES BRAWL THE S***, so BE QUIET! If that's not awsome, I don't know what is. Seriously, be pumped and excited for that, because it was a "that'd be cool, but it'll never happen" update, and it happened. Seriously, there is so much to be excited about, most of us should be wetting ourselves 24/7 about this game, but all a lot of people do is whine about minor crap.

I agree. The online doesn't suck in the least. Do I wish it were better? Yes, everyone wishes it were better. Do I think it sucks? No. I believe it's wonderful we're even getting it. 'With Anyone' is an amazing feature for a Nintendo game. There are very few Nintendo games that give you any online modes without friend codes. (The only one I can name off the top of my head would be Pokemon D/P) The capabilities of online were obviously Nintendo's decision, not Sakurai's.
Exactly! I wish lag would die, the Smashboards server would stop sucking at times, and I had a trillion dollars, but just because we wish it, doesn't mean it will come true.

This game is going to be good. SSBB has the best replay value of any game that I played.

some fine points

- stage builder
- bigger cast
- more stages
- 3rd party characters
- an intresting story mode
- game cube controller capable( one of the thngs I like most about this game.)
You win A COOKIE!

The game will be a wonderful experience that will leave anyone breathless.
You win a brownie!

It would be, but all they want is MOARMOARMOARMOARMOAR
Exactly. Weed knows well...weed! :grin:

Person 1: "OMG! Stage Builder! HOLY F***!"

Person 2: "Ergh...it looks too simple, and stupid. All you do is build a stage, make whatever you want, trade it online, download a stage a day, add any music options, add any hazard, make it several sizes, make any platform, or chose from several backgrounds. This update sucks. I wish it never happened."

IF I were Person 1, I would slap Person 2 like if they just yelled in my ear "PRESS TEH ONE BUTTON!". Stop complaining (unless you are stuck in Australia or Europe; sorry guys, Nintendo sucks! :urg:), and be excited. Brawl comes out 29 days from now in Japan. Brawl comes out 46 days from now in North and South America. That's hardly a wait-compared to Eureop. So my fellow North and South Americans-STFU about complaining. Unless you move to Australia or Europe, you're getting the game very soon. It's going to be the most expertly crafted game of all-time, from the company that brought us SSB64 and SSB Melee-two games that brought the near dead fighting genre alive, changed it completely, and is a worldwide phenenuem. It is simply going to be the greatest game of our time, so stop complaining about one minor thinig.

Remember, online patches, mics, and other things will all probably come in the near or far future, so stop worrying. If Nintendo can have a mic come out several months after MP Hunters and have it work for the game, Nintendo can do that for Brawl-their most important game this generation of gaming-BY FAR!

And the Hypnotist. you sound like a elitist. WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ONLINE! THERE IS A OPTION BUTTON BELOW THE BASIC BRAWL AND FRIEND BRAWL BUTTON! Halo had the EXACT SAME THING for their game options, under "options". Options is where you custmoize these things, dumb a**. And if you don't want to play with items-either deal, or face non-item players. It's not that big of a deal, anyways. But it WILL be a option, I can guarentee you. Look at the latest wi-fi update, and you'll see a OPTION BUTTON! STop assuming, AS WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BRAWL! NOTHING! WE KNOW LIKE 5% OF THE GAME AT BEST! UNTIL WE PLAY ONLINE-WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There are a few problems involving the voice chat and here's the big one that has nothing to do with content control:

The Wii DOESN'T have the peripheral or the information in their firmware to make that physically possible. It's not happening until Nintendo has a compatible unit if they do it at all and even if it could it won't happen before the release in a month.

@The Hypnotist

What in the world are you even talking about? From what I understand from the anyone update:

Smash Dojo said:
You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players.

Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery.
If that looks right, it appear to be a opperunity to select ITEMS and STAGES even if it just picks a selection from one of the four people chosing it.

Chosing a skill level for a random Match takes out the whole point of it being random. Leaderboards are an option, there are not a requirment for online play period I don't really think it ruins the game because they don't exist.

And fyi calling someone a fanboy is no better and makes you look just as foolish, if you really think your the better person find another way to justify it.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Look, the game is amazing, but the online play is just terrible. And there's no denying it. From what we have now... you can't pick your stage, or your skill level, or the items, or time limit. WTF is that?

And I do want MORE online features! It's the 7th generation.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
There are a few problems involving the voice chat and here's the big one that has nothing to do with content control:

The Wii DOESN'T have the peripheral or the information in their firmware to make that physically possible. It's not happening until Nintendo has a compatible unit if they do it at all and even if it could it won't happen before the release in a month.

@The Hypnotist

What in the world are you even talking about? From what I understand from the anyone update:

If that looks right, it appear to be a opperunity to select ITEMS and STAGES even if it just picks a selection from one of the four people chosing it.

Chosing a skill level for a random Match takes out the whole point of it being random. Leaderboards are an option, there are not a requirment for online play period I don't really think it ruins the game because they don't exist.

And fyi calling someone a fanboy is no better and makes you look just as foolish, if you really think your the better person find another way to justify it.

Chosing your stage means, you pick it, and then play it. Not possibly play it. It wouldn't have been hard at all to do rooms, which benfit everyone. Or at least do phucking one on one matches, but no... then somebody will get owned. Regardless I'm going to own people in 4-way matches just to piss off nintendo.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Why do you need to select your skill level anyhow?

I'd imagine that the game would just keep an internal record of your skill and match you up accordingly. They did it in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Chosing your stage means, you pick it, and then play it. Not possibly play it. It wouldn't have been hard at all to do rooms, which benfit everyone. Or at least do phucking one on one matches, but no... then somebody will get owned. Regardless I'm going to own people in 4-way matches just to piss off nintendo.
I seriously doubt Nintendo cares if you own anyone at all, it's simply the way Nintendo handles they're system much like Microsoft and Sony handle theirs in a different. I simply don't use terms 'It sucks' to describe things like that because it's ridculiously one sided.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I apologize for the annoyed outbursts, but not about how I feel about your attitudes towards the game. I'll admit I'm ignorant about online play, but I don't really care, if I wanted a game like that, I would learn how to make it myself and add that feature. Besides... why the heck are you complaining here where it does no good anyhow? Get off your duffs and go learn how to program so you can make games that suit your needs.

To the others who are supportive, I apologize. I'm not a very good debater, I just say what's on my mind. Anyways, let me say something useful, or attempt to. Yes, the Wii has USB ports, but for whatever reason the Wii doesn't have voice communication implemented like the DS yet, so even if Sakurai wanted to use it, he couldn't since he can't use what's not there yet. You want to complain at someone, yell at the boys working on accessories for the Wii.

I'm not a real fanboy. I just know that what I'm seeing is good enough and more than what I expected from the previous games. The fact that I can even Smash online with random people is cool. I've never really found a need for online communication. Sure it'd be nice to be able to contact a fellow smasher that impressed me, but I figure we don't know the whole story. We might get a rival list or something and he just hasn't covered that yet.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I hate Brawl more than anything. It's going to be SUCH a BAD game! I mean, NINTENDO is making it! The baby-company! The game doesn't even have Life Bars! And it's supposed to be a fighting game! I hate the characters, they are so stupid. Who thought of online and stage builder, how pointless is that. I mean, when theres a forum infested with thousands and thousands of fans for a game that is not even out, you now it's a horrible travesty.

End Extreme Sarcasm.

I think some of us would give up our ability to copulate for the ability to play this one game. Think about that.

Copulation = A video Game (?)

Hooooeewwww Shiiiiiaaaatsuuu,

That is one "insert positive adjective not invented yet here" game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Look, the game is amazing, but the online play is just terrible. And there's no denying it. From what we have now... you can't pick your stage, or your skill level, or the items, or time limit. WTF is that?

And I do want MORE online features! It's the 7th generation.
You VOTE FOR THE STAGE! That's how you do it HALO 3 FOR GOD'S SAKE! Ya, Halo 3's online TOTALLY ISN'T 7th gen AAA grade online. [/sarcasm] And how do you know you can't turn off items, or change game modes=??? LOOK AT THIS!

THE ONLINE OPTION BUTTON! In Halo 3, that is where you set what game mode you wish to play, game options, modded maps or not (FORGE), and options.

In Brawl, it will probably have the item switch button (off or on, and if on, which ones), maybe a stage button (unlikely, as all you need is a vote, but it'd be a nice touch), and the game mode option. As well as the option to play on Stage Builder stages or not as a option.

So we still are missing A BIG PIECE OF ONLINE! THE FRIGGEN OPTIONS! And Reggie said voice chat was possible for the Wii, and he said it is VERY possible we'll see a Wii Mic in the future. So in other words, don't cross it off. It could work with Brawl, but it doesn't really bug me either way-though I prefer it. And it should be a option, however (pre-during-and post game as options, or at all) It lags games a lot, whether you realize it or not. Lag=evil. So if you're playing long distance games, be warned about that. ;)

THE OPTIONS=90% OF THE ONLINE INFO! WE STILL KNOW BASICALLY NOTHING ABOUT THE ONLINE, OTHER THEN THE STUFF SAKURAI HAS TOLD US! So get over yourself, as none of this is confirmed. Until we see the options behind that button, nothing is confirmed with online, AT ALL! So stop complaining like a elitist, and hush up. Until we know, there is NOTHING to complain about, AT ALL!

So basically, you chose the options, to play with friends, or to play with anyone. And possiblity even used preset options and stuff. Afterwards then you can chose between FFAs (1v1 and 4 way FFAs), and teams from this screen below, or chose to spectate.

SO in other words, STOP WHINING! None of this stuff is confirmed or deconfirmed in any way, shape, or form. God, I feel like I'm talking to youtube n00bs again. :urg:

And who cares about the skill level thing, it's not that big of a deal. If anything, lack of a ranking system will HELP the competitive tournament scene flourish, so it could be a positive good thing. If you want to face good players-go to a bi-weekly or tri-weekly. If you want to face the best-go to a tourament. Simple as that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom