• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait...Exactly how awesome is SSBB going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yea really, you guys need to stop criticizing stuff before you have even tried it. The online play may seem bad now but its likely we have heard everything. And even if we have, so what? Sure it may suck but its still better than NO online play. SSBM doesn't have online play but we still love it anyway. You guys are way the hell too greedy, and about stuff you know nothing about.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Seriously...let us look at the list:

-Tons of money is going into this game.
-Tons of money going into the staff.
-"The Studio" is making this game. (My research tells me it's Capcom, the creator of the best selling fighting game series, Steet Figher)
The first two are true but the third one isn't, it's being made by Sora which is a team Sakurai started.

-Tons of money is going into online.
What makes you say that?

-40 on up roster, all but guarenteed.
-Tons of techniques.
-40 plus stages.
Nothing but assumptions, for all we know there could be 30 characters.

-The Subspace Emissary, and it being 10 hours on up long!
-Classic mode is actually decent.
The article that supposedly mentioned the 10 hour this was never proven true and even if it was it was a developer talking about their game, when was the last time a game lived up to the estimated play time, Twilight Princess was supposed to take 70 hours according to the director. Oh and how is classic mode any better then last time (which sucked because it was basically just a series of vs matches)

-Items are much better then the last two games.
-A story with plots and twists.
The items thing is opinion and the story thing is speculation

-Assist Trophies.
-Nintendo's biggest title, with more staff power then probably any other Nintendo game, EVER! Possibly even the most staff power for a single game, EVER! o_O
Twilight Princess had the most employees of any Nintendo game ever made at 150 people.

-At least around like 40 musicans working on a game, and most good games only have 3 musicans. Melee had AT MOST like 5! >_<-Over 12 companies making the game.
The musician thing is speculation and the companies thing is just wrong, one company is making it and others are contributing things oh and which 12? I hope your're not including companies that have lent composers..

-Get a new stage a day FOR THE REST OFF YOUR LIFE!
Or until they decided to cut the service.

-The game is original.
-It's as original as a one of a kind game, like a game that is the only game in it's series.
Uhh not really sure what you are saying here but it is not original.

-Probably over 200 people are making this game.
Oh God John, now you've completely lost it.

-At least 2-4 companies are almost SOLEY focusing on this game, or are now.
No only Sora is, the other companies involved are big enough that they don't need to/ can't afford to focus solely on someone else's game.

-There are probably over 1,000 contributors to this game.
*Facepalm*

I could go on but you mostly repeat yourself for the rest of your points. Ugh I didn't want to have to do something like this but you just make such outrageous claims.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
It will definitely be my biggest game for a while when it's released. It might get less-than-perfect scores for some minor gripes and reviews that nitpick, but it won't change my opinion on it. I still play the original 64 version more than any other game, so Brawl will definitely be my favorite.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The first two are true but the third one isn't, it's being made by Sora which is a team Sakurai started.

Check the original Brawl dojo. It's being developed by a mysterious developer known as "The Studio". Sakurai stats so himself. No doubt Sora is working on the game as well.

What makes you say that?

It's Nintendo's online combination of Gears of War and Halo 3. They fail this, then their online will never compete with

Nothing but assumptions, for all we know there could be 30 characters.

This is Brawl, not Melee 2.0.

The article that supposedly mentioned the 10 hour this was never proven true and even if it was it was a developer talking about their game, when was the last time a game lived up to the estimated play time, Twilight Princess was supposed to take 70 hours according to the director. Oh and how is classic mode any better then last time (which sucked because it was basically just a series of vs matches)

The Subspace Emissary will be long. With the number of characters we have thus far, it seems imminant that we'll get at least 5 hours out of it.

The items thing is opinion and the story thing is speculation

No exploding barells and randomness. Basically every item has two uses. The bumper can edgeguard. The bumper can be used for comboes. The gooey bomb can be used as a projectile, or for mindgames and stuff when next to a opponent, especially as a speedy character (vs. a slower character).

Twilight Princess had the most employees of any Nintendo game ever made at 150 people.

I can almost guarentee you, with all the people "contributing" their work, Brawl has had over 150 people working on it througout the entire project. This game is basically the Wii's game that will deciede victory or failure with actual gamers, and even some "non-gamers". Melee saved the GCN from being the next Dreamcast-and Brawl will make the Wii rise to the the clear winner of this generation of gaming if it hits as hard as Melee, and it WILL hit harder. It will be the biggest game of 2008, BY FAR!

The musician thing is speculation and the companies thing is just wrong, one company is making it and others are contributing things oh and which 12? I hope your're not including companies that have lent composers..

"The Studio", HAL, GameFreak, the Pokémon Company, APE, Sora, SEGA, the Sonic Team, Koonami, Kojima Productons, Intelligent Games, Creo (under Eiji Anouma; hint: Shiek and Ganondorf rumor) Nintendo, (APE's new comapny), and maybe more? And every company that worked on Melee and Smash 64...which was...A LOT! XD

Or until they decided to cut the service.

Which will be for a long time-as this is a fun mode that seems like it will never get old.

Uhh not really sure what you are saying here but it is not original.

The series has no absoulute genre. It is a fighter, but it is also a action, adventure, shooter, swordfighting, party, and so on game. And you win/score like a sports game! :chuckle:

Oh God John, now you've completely lost it.

At one point or another, it's true. SEGA is using some of it's staff to help, especially the Sonic Team. Koonami's staff is helping, especially Kojima Production Studios. "The Studio" is working SOLEY on this game after making a huge game in 2004 2005, HAL is working pretty much on this game all out like with Melee and smash 64. APE is contributing, and so is the Pokémon Company, Game Freak, Intelligent Systems, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if a few 3 or so more companies joined in.

Plus I sense Miyamoto finished helping Sakurai with this game after he finished Super Mario Galaxy, and Satoura Iwata (the President of Nintendo) is keeping a close eye on Brawl, and wants Sakurai to make a great game-and will provide whatever needed. Satoura Iwata's actually started at Nintendo working for Masahiro Sakurai in a Kirby game, oddly enough, and he convinced him to make Brawl! Small world, eh? :laugh:

No only Sora is, the other companies involved are big enough that they don't need to/ can't afford to focus solely on someone else's game.

And HAL Laboratories is focusing bascially soley on this, as well as "The Studio". And the Pokemon Company, APE, Koonami, Kojima Productons, SEGA, Intelligent Games, the Sonic Team, Nitendo, and so on are pitching in. I wouldn't be surprised if more companies were helping.

*Facepalm*

I could go on but you mostly repeat yourself for the rest of your points. Ugh I didn't want to have to do something like this but you just make such outrageous claims.
Us, the fans are the thousands of contributors, and those who submitted to Sakurai's Brawl music and character poll(s)! :grin: And the investors, PLUs I LOST IT A LONG F**ING TIME AGO! THIS IS JOHN THE KNIGHT F**ING NUMERO UNO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE, FOLKS! :chuckle: HE'S A CRAZY F***ING MANIAC THAT POSTS RANDOM CRAP, AND WHY HE WASN'T NOMINATEED FOR FORUM MONKEY IS BEYOND ME! :laugh:

Betaz

Smash Ace
@Johnknight1

yo i have'nt talked to you in awhile but your seriously starting to scare me with that last post there....

but yes Brawl WILL be awsome
also...
what's up with complaining about the online? Hey at least we got it and Brawl would be good even without it heck even if it did'nt have online it would still surpass melee by far right?
>_>
right?
<_<

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
but yes Brawl WILL be awsome
also...
what's up with complaining about the online? Hey at least we got it and Brawl would be good even without it heck even if it did'nt have online it would still surpass melee by far right?
>_>
right?
<_<
Brawl will surpass Melee without online because the online is so bad and outdated that it wont make any difference.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Too bad online sucks donkey balls.
Yeah you're right, how about I just go play Melee's online and- oh wait a minute...

In all seriousness though, I don't think complaining about a new feature to the series is worth it, be glad we got it.

Betaz

Smash Ace
Brawl will surpass Melee without online because the online is so bad and outdated that it wont make any difference.
ok... so if it doesnt make a difference to you that brawl will be awsome or not with/without online why are you complaining about it?
if you agree it will be a good game despite online why don't you say the game will be awsome and say
some positive things about it that you like? but just know this without the game being online you could not trade/get stages from the
stage creator. So this (to me) makes online seem very awsome in the aspect that it is part of the game.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
It is very outdated.

I'm actually more concerned about a lack of wavedashing and L-cancel being automatic etc...
I just don't want this to become another casual vs competitive flame war.

Betaz

Smash Ace
It is very outdated.

So.... if it gets the job done...

I'm actually more concerned about a lack of wavedashing and L-cancel being automatic etc...
I just don't want this to become another casual vs competitive flame war.
L-cancel is semi-automatic i belive but meh...
and honestly yes the whole wavedash thing was kinda a shock at first but after awhile i don't really care
anymore if it is gone.... the Ink Drop to me sounds interesting though.
even though we don't know how it exactly works

Betaz

Smash Ace
I don't think it will get the job done efficiently or adequately.
ok... your talking to someone who just upgraded
from dial-up to broadband three days ago...
just to let you know I'm pretty optimistic right now

and my response to your quote is:
fine no online mode for you because it doesn't like you
for calling it inefficient & inadequate:lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom