• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba's Weekly Smash League Every Wed. & Fri. 2pm to midnight

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Weekly Waba Smash League on Wed. & Fri.Starting OCT. 1st WABA will have a weekly Smash League every Wed. & Fri. $5 entrance to play Melee and/or Brawl from 2pm to midnight. Waba will hold mini tournaments if we have enough people on Smash League Wed. & Fri. Come practice, train, play friendlies, and have fun with other Smashers. Yes, Waba will still hold monthlies on third Sat. & Sun. of each month. More Smash, more fun, more thumb blisters...yeah! Come Smash with us!

Waba Game
3585 Peachtree Industrail Blvd.
Duluth, GA 30096
phone: 678-417-9222
e-mail: wabagames@yahoo.com

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Min is some kind of badass for hosting TWO smash league days.
Everyone thank him for going out of his way to accommodate the smash community! >:(
<3 some WABA.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Min is some kind of badass for hosting TWO smash league days.
Everyone thank him for going out of his way to accommodate the smash community! >:(
<3 some WABA.
i should be there on wednesdays. maybe fridays :[. Schedule's been packed.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
didnt know about fridays till now. might make it next fri.
Ive been playing ALOT of wifi and a buddy of mine wanted me to go marth so yeh i go marth and i play with some of my peeps today, and i cant play brawl for **** anymore :( gota come this friday

Saltix

Smash Lord
couldn't make it yesterday, but I will probably be there almost evey Friday, except days before tourney.
I take that friday for individual practice and get into the right mood for the upcoming tourney

redemption99

Smash Rookie
me and two of my brothers and one of my friends were able to make it yesterday. It was fun! My friend would have rathered played some other games besides brawl so we might com back later and play all the games.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Peeps need to show some interest for mini-tournaments at these smash league days. :<
I was wondering how these work. I'm assuming that you went to both days this week correct?
Well how exactly do they start, do we have to pay a separate fee, how are brackets done, what's the minimum amount of people required, etc

I am interested, I just haven't been able to make it this week :[

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I was wondering how these work. I'm assuming that you went to both days this week correct?
Well how exactly do they start, do we have to pay a separate fee, how are brackets done, what's the minimum amount of people required, etc

I am interested, I just haven't been able to make it this week :[
The tournament itself would function the same as the waba monthlies.
The only difference would be the entry fee for the pot, which would be maybe half of the normal entry.
I suppose the minimum number of people would be about eight for a decent bracket.
As long as people keep showing up, we can work from there. ;P

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The tournament itself would function the same as the waba monthlies.
The only difference would be the entry fee for the pot, which would be maybe half of the normal entry.
I suppose the minimum number of people would be about eight for a decent bracket.
As long as people keep showing up, we can work from there. ;P
exept ur the only 1 gettin payed ;) lol
hopefully ill be there this friday.
oh and one quick favor. can some one who is making the rules for waba please decide randoms and time and sht. cuz every time i come to waba its either delfino is on or off same with poke1.. and for time, i say its 7 and i hear from others that its 8mins.. clarification please

Daysoo

Smash Ace
exept ur the only 1 gettin payed ;) lol
hopefully ill be there this friday.
oh and one quick favor. can some one who is making the rules for waba please decide randoms and time and sht. cuz every time i come to waba its either delfino is on or off same with poke1.. and for time, i say its 7 and i hear from others that its 8mins.. clarification please
The rules have been finalized for the past two months.
I gave Min the SBR-approved rules sheet.
If you have a question, just ask Eric or Min to see the rule sheet, and give it back when you're done.
Also: Top three places make money.
Even if you don't win first, you can still make some money.
This goes for me too.
I'm not perfect, I make mistakes, I am beatable, and I lose too. :p

I posted somewhere in the WABA monthly topic with the complete list of rules.
Here's the post, for your convenience.

Waba Game - Brawl Monthlies - SBR Certified

Aug. 16th, Sept. 20th, Oct. 18th, Nov. 15th, Dec. 20th

Location - 3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128, Duluth, GA 30096

Time - 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM Midnight.
Registration closes at 5:45. Anyone who has NOT registered for singles by this time, will be denied access. I suggest arriving at 5 PM sharp so as to avoid the usual crowd of late comers. Remember, this is not a tournament I am running, so I have no control over whenever Min decides to permanently cut off the sign ups.

Telephone number - 678-417-WABA (9222).

Email - wabagames@yahoo.com

General rules
  • Double elimination bracket.
  • 3 Stocks.
  • 7 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none".
  • Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
  • Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
    • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS or coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS/coinflip winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Falco's laser lock is banned.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to, but is not limited to: Swallocides and cargocides.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Excessive stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Projectile camping is not considered stalling. Ledge camping is not considered stalling if the opponent is within range of punishing a return to the stage.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's Klawcide, Swallocides, Cargocides, etc are exempt from this rule.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
    • Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
    • If both players agree, the first stage may be randomed from the starter list.
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Stage Selection
The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set. In the event that all stages are struck, the first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list.

Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
The only difference is that I think that tournaments start at 5PM now, instead of 6PM.

Saltix

Smash Lord
The rules have been finalized for the past two months.
I gave Min the SBR-approved rules sheet.
If you have a question, just ask Eric or Min to see the rule sheet, and give it back when you're done.
Also: Top three places make money.
Even if you don't win first, you can still make some money.
This goes for me too.
I'm not perfect, I make mistakes, I am beatable, and I lose too. :p

I posted somewhere in the WABA monthly topic with the complete list of rules.
Here's the post, for your convenience.

The only difference is that I think that tournaments start at 5PM now, instead of 6PM.
I've never beaten you :(
haha thanks for clearing that up for me though.

EDIT: Onett, Pictochat, and Green Greens? whaat?!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
kk thx desu, just iffy cuz every other time ive been there it was delfino and pkm1 of either on or off..
hey, i like onet, picto and G.G.. stage johns please..Nofair <3

Saltix

Smash Lord
If I come to the one on Friday, which I may or may not,
I want some Melee friendlies :)

Brawl matches too.

Top Bottom