• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba's Smashfest : March 20th : Duluth GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba WILL be holding a Brawl/Melee Tounament on the 20th!

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)

FREE Pot Fee! Waba pays the winners!
FREE hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!
I understand people's concern with money. So this is what I would like to do. NO POT FEE for the tournaments! Instead, I will pay out from the door fee. 20% of the entire door fee goes to the winners of the singles tournaments. I know it's NOT as much money as if everybody donated the normal $5/$10 to the pot fee, but it allows everybody who comes to enter without further risk. Just enjoy the tournament and see how you rank in both Melee and Brawl without risk of losing anything. For teams, I am offering FREE custom F*** Melee/Brawl T-shirts for the top teams in Melee and Brawl. Idk how you guys will react to this idea, but hopefully it will help some of you to be able to attend and enter the tournaments. I'm just trying to have a FUN and successful tournament with as many smash bros fans at this tournament. It's a Smashfest after all!

10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Brawl singles winners.
10% of door fee goes to the top 4 Melee singles winners.
Top team of the Melee Teams tournament recieves F*** Brawl T-Shirts.
Top team of the Brawl Teams tournament recieves F*** Melee T-Shirts.

Waba's Smashfest!
Saturday : March 20th : Noon to Midnight
Registration starts @ Noon
Tournament Starts @ 2pm Sharp!
Teams followed by Singles

$10 door fee
$5 w/ full set up = Wii, Brawl/Melee, and TV (20inch or bigger)

FREE FOOD! hotdogs and drinks (will get tickets to redeem for food with paid door fee)
FREE Giveaways throughout the tournament!
FREE Pot Fee...20% of the door fee goes to the tournament Winners!
NO JOHNS!

Pre register on this thread so we can know how many smashers to expect. Post this event everywhere and anywhere people care about Smash Bros!

We Need set ups, Wii's, Games, etc...but mostly smashers!

Please help HYPE this!

Thank you in advance-
Waba:)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
This seems like a lot of fun. I like the idea of no pot fee, but I guess that's because I never win money :laugh:

Since there's no money on the line for teams... who wants to team with me? :)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I have mixed feelings about this idea- on one hand it DOES allow for everyone who wants to play but is short on monies to participate, on the other hand it takes a lot of the competition out of it.

I'll probably still come, but things like the money-clause here turn certain smashers off.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have mixed feelings about this idea- on one hand it DOES allow for everyone who wants to play but is short on monies to participate, on the other hand it takes a lot of the competition out of it.

I'll probably still come, but things like the money-clause here turn certain smashers off.
this ^^^^^

Waba

Smash Apprentice
This seems like a lot of fun. I like the idea of no pot fee, but I guess that's because I never win money :laugh:

Since there's no money on the line for teams... who wants to team with me? :)
i'll team with you...lol...if you wanna come in last place!

You can never make everybody happy at the sametime. Just hoping newbs, tournament shy peeps, or whatever reason not to enter the tournament peeps can join in and experience the competition. Smashfest should = FUN, not = $$$$ ...imo.

I want to pre register. I can bring melée a lamecube and a tv
Thank you sir...your support is greatly appreciatied!

this ^^^^^
that^^^^^

Cool, I'll be there.
I'll see you on the 20th!

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I play sometimes...but really poorly.:urg: It's fun, but I never seriously got into it. Tekken anyone?:confused:lol
Tekken! I don't favor playing in tournaments because it's the type of game where you can lose regardless of being the most skilled due to things like rage system people who play Eddie and Christie.

Player-3

Smash Hero
am i allowed to go falcon

my falcon is pretty awesome
at ****** my teammate
in teams

Player-1

Smash Legend
i may try using D3 this tournament a bit, but I really want to work on my diddy and MM a lot of people that i don't fight in bracket since I'll be at MLG Orlando and this may be my last tournament before then

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'm never going to pass the barline for brawl with my main

you don't marth ditto fullmetal

captain falconnnnnnnn

milesg2g

Smash Champion
You know what I think might help promote offline attendance? A xat chat box. Sorta like MD/VA's sorta deal. because a great deal of wifi brawlers use that and a lot of them chat via xat. So it'd be a good way to reel them in.

Purple

Hi guys!
I concur-

@The brawl players: If I beat you it still counts as you failing the barline even if there's no money on the line. So there.
how to beat fullmetal

strike out battlefield

win first round with falco things

win second round with snake things

if you lose

win third round with metaknight things on rc

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah but i don't want the shirt

dyno i'll $2 random RC mm 3/5 you fofr the shirt when me and frozn win it

T3h Albino

Smash Master
If I do end up coming to this, me and 4GOD are likely going to team. Thus your chances of wearing those T-Shirts has dwindled down to 0%.

We Apologize.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol we are gonna get those shirts Ably if it comes to that me and Dyno will double MK and your chances of winning will hit 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom