• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

i agree with teddy.

also, when i said 10th should go to jess i didnt realize vish didnt even include andy. so my list would be tophs list with andy above brandan

Eggz

Smash Hero
is there a tuk house tourney this month?

edit: chip shouldnt be ranked

unless he went to a tourney i dont know about other than manifest

why not? he had some crucial wins. were also taking into consideration how much he ***** before he stopped coming. as long as hes still active too i dont see it as not ok

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Andy should be taken off the PR for missing one tournament (esp. if Iceman isn't), so I'd personally go with 8. Brandandorf, 9. The Prime, 10. Iceman. I mean, sometimes that laundry just piles up. :/

Besides, Andy did pretty well at Manifest and beat Foos, Syler and Mattdotzeb and I kind of don't think any of the other people in consideration for the 10th spot would have done the same. Especially mattdotzeb, that dude is pretty good.
I believe b-mello beat matt in pools but lost to him in bracket. And yeah i doubt i'd lose to the 3 mentioned who isn't andy, (maybe derek, but not the other 2 lol). Only problem is derek is inconsistent as hell =/.

Anyways i agree with otto's list with andy on there and iceman as 10th. (not that my opinion counts, but wanted to throw it out there).

P.S. good **** toph ^^ glad you giving people the ****!!

Chip.

you know what to do
is there a tuk house tourney this month?

edit: chip shouldnt be ranked

unless he went to a tourney i dont know about other than manifest
I went to an EWU tourney and Best Bout. Which I won with Falcon + random characters. All eawa attendance lol.

I'm as active as I can be for where I live =P

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah chip should be ranked imo lol. The only 2 reasons not to rank someone who is worthy skill-wise are 1. we can't tell where they belong, or 2. they don't make an effort to participate, neither of which apply for Chip. :P

Thanks Syler ^_^ wish you'd come to these though lol you'd beast even in a rusty state imo

so are there any arguments with this list? brandan/andy? lets get this **** updated son

1. Silent Wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Toph
5. Vish
6. Ciz
7. Chip
8. ThePrime
9. Mr. Ganondorf
10. Iceman

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys for vouching for me, especially SW and Bizzarro. I'm pretty sure Andy is better than me though. Or at least would do much better against others. We've played 2 MMs and I think I barely won both, but it's Ganon's and especially my ONLY good matchup. Andy would **** spacies more and everyone plays Fox/Falco. Idk who this Chip guy is, never met him, but I'd want to record/stream a "PR match" someday if possible. I realize I just said beating someone shouldn't be the only criteria for PR spots, but Marth has no business losing to Ganon. Mango beat Kage without grabbing. Samus sucks against Ganon's long arms and **** whip attacks. Probably won't happen anyway, sounds like he's super far away. And beating Lovage is pretty legit too. Any of my notable tourney wins (Luninspectra, Scar, KFC, Darrell, J666, Phil, aaaaannddd.....um yeah short list XD) were from ages ago against NorCal people, not WA people.

BUT! I will say it took years of trying and hard work and maybe even getting a little lucky to get on half of a state's PR at the bottom, number 15!! This whole state trying to put a Ganon at #8 lol. Washington smash needs to step it up :p
<3 you all though, so glad I moved here and thankful to finally play with everyone.

PS Bring Pluto back is damn right.

Edit: **** everything I just said. I three stocked Toph's Sheik on FD. That's like winning the Bowser challenge. Mr. Ganondorf for number 4.
Jk, just wanted to thank Kris for always supporting my Ganon, getting me connected to the WA smash community and being a great teams partner. And having better taste in boba flavors than Mia.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I had durian bubble tea a few months ago and it was... interesting... :|

Never again

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
rofl eggz

Also, forgot to mention, I agree with Otto's pr. I want to see chip and andy play some time, though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
who did brandan beat in singles?

I agree be is better skill wise, but im just wondering did he really out preform jess with just one tourney? only really counting who he won/lost to?

if the reasons hold up I agree with whoever's list added chip and brandan.

but if ur gonna update then do it right, list wins/losses and compare tournament performances over the last update period...not just the fact that brandan is a better player.

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Well, I don't think Banana has wins on any better players than those who Brandan beat. Also, I think Brandan got 5th at the Best Bout we went to. So yeah, I think you could make a good case for Brandan over Banana just on very recent tournament results. Beyond just that, though, it's not as if we have nothing to go by, either, since Brandan has his performance in other regions, MMs, and in tournament sets compared to Banana. So it's not a case of "we don't know where to put the guy" or whatever.

kline might be right. i was just taking toph/vishs words for it on brandan i think

edit: i do remember jess going ham at the gc after we updated last. he beat a few people (cant remember who) and was sooo close to beating trebor who beat like toph and teddy at that gc or the one after. i think jess may have beaten iceman, i could be trippin tho lol. for what its worth, he beat b-mello in their most recent mm. who did brandan beat/lose to at his tournaments?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I mean I know brandan is good. and I know about how good he is. I have no complaints or question in terms of his skill as far as where he should go...if he were to be on PR.

but present the proper argument please, its one of the reasons I stopped caring about pr, it was a bit biased and the criteria is often overshadowed by opinions of notable wa players (including myself, not saying im completely free of blame)

pr isn't how good u are, its more of a ranking of how u perform in tournament, I can't understand why u would bring his norcal history as evidence when for one it didn't have **** to do with us, in washington, and two it wasn't even within this ranking period.(to my knowledge anyway)

pandacheck

Smash Ace
Mango beat Kage without grabbing, therefore Chip should have no problem beating Brandon without grabbing / marth should have no business losing to ganon, umm, your talking about mango here not marth lol, mango's not limited by what a char can and can't do, everyone else is Mr. Brandondorf

MasterC

Smash Ace
LOOOOOOL at this thread, toph's tripping anyways, brandon got 7th i believe at that BestBout cuz i remember talking to him and he was disappointed he lost to Jonny and someone else... Andy ***** Jonny when they played like NO QUESTION lol and he's mad consistent, he could prob bring it back even tho he hasn't played in like 10years (dudes are falling off the melee community)

as for falling off... Iceman, dude is a no-show as far as i'm concerned and Chip/Andy def did work at Manifest so um....

IS IT REALLY A QUESTION??? BRANDON IS THE ULTIMATE TROLL, just sayin... put that dude at 10 just cuz he's an *** xD and cuz he hasn't been to a GC/Manifest/Tuk House/Stronghold and 1 BB doesn't really mean sh** cuz our PR goes down there and takes top 10 anyways...

imo..

1-9 are set in stone, especially after hearing what charles said regarding andy and looking at march gc results. 10 is a toss up between jess and brandandorf.

brandan:

best bout:

beat foos
beat binx
lost to ciz (close 1-2)
lost to johnny (close 1-2)

gc:

beat oreo
beat b-mello
lost to sw
lost to vish

Jess:

gc (march)

beat xyz
lost to andy
beat oreo
beat spartamus
beat ratking
lost to zelgadis (heeellla had that set 2-0 tho lol)

manifest:

forfeit after losing to shoyo

conclusion:

both are very close results imo. i do not believe very close results warrant taking someones spot on the rankings, especially considering we dont rank fresh each period and jess really held it down the previous period. im not saying jess is better than brandan, these are just the tournament facts. so unless you disagree, this will be the new list

1. Silent Wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Toph
5. Vish
6. Ciz
7. Chip
8. ThePrime
9. Iceman
10. Banana

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
good **** otto, that's the way it should be.

I think jess is gonna have to step it up but he has a month or two to do it.

evan andy brandan jess will go down, and im still tryna greez toph lol. but not until he helps me learn the falcon match up. vish is hard man.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I think waveshine out of shield is broken in that matchup. so if you wanna practice techskill to **** falcon, I would practice that until you can hit it 90% of the time.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
can you shine oos falcon's gentleman if he does a fast one on your shield even if it is misspaced?

i dont think you can

i never feel like i can shine oos falcon's stuff assuming it's not terribly misspaced

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Maybe not between the gentleman hits, but AFTER the 3rd hit I am 99% sure you can shine oos before falcon can do anything else.

Top Bottom