• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

cmon dog. the joke was that this time i made a serious list and still put evan as jew.

o so now you got evans back?? w/e dood

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
na but you **** always be clowning dude. idk, just felt maybe he takes his spot seriously and he would want to look at the list and feel like he is an important member of our scene or something. I just thought it would be low key grimey.

and I only be clownin dude cuz he stay following me around lol. I never actually had a problem with him....except that one day.

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
na but you **** always be clowning dude. idk, just felt maybe he takes his spot seriously and he would want to look at the list and feel like he is an important member of our scene or something. I just thought it would be low key grimey.

and I only be clownin dude cuz he stay following me around lol. I never actually had a problem with him....except that one day.

LOL dude I agree with everything you said and obviously it would be mean to actually put evan on there as "jew" but the fact that you even thought I'd do that is weird/funny imo

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
shane should absolutely not be on the power rankings for a state he does not live in - realizing he still attends washington tournaments shouldn't matter - as if attending wasington touraments is what gets you on the wa pr we have some canadians that should be added

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin

shane is still wa to us. we see him as often as we did before and hes been with us in wa for a god 6+ years. good enough reason for me

eddy mexico was still on socal pr when he moved to new mexico cuz he still went to socal tourneys and lived there a long time. because he is socal, not in socal.

you may disagree, but im not taking shane off unless he wants to be taken off.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a big deal if he stays on lol.

Pretty sure no one wants that number 3 spot unless they are actually better than him. ;D
Does anyone know when Ka-master gets back? Hasn't it been 2 years..?

Yea there's also the fact that ciz vish and toph are all really determined to pass shane on pr. If we took shane off it would totally ruin that

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL

Don't worry my dude wit the sword plans on sporting his brand new fur coat in the near future. Just gotta make sure I snag up the dress to match =D

youre gonna have to save p quite a bit more money for a fur coat that nice. luckily there is one a bit cheaper than even the dress!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
reading this thread from the bottom up has been extremely confusing >.>

edit: some guy that looks exactly like Aniolas just walked into the library

MasterC

Smash Ace
Lol real talk I was soooooo confused at first haha you guys hafta watch my dude teddy 3 stock sion when the vids get posted tho, made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside :3

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Hey I just wanted to make this post about PRs. I wanted to do it when It was first updated but never got around to it.

Basically last update, Ciz went above me because he did well during that ranking period. (From December - Feb). The wins and losses before that weren't really taken into account. That was fine by me as long as we stick to this kind of system for the rest of the updates.

I'm only talking about 4/5/6 by the way. Us three are close enough in skill level to where I think spots should be determined by only that ranking period.

It'll keep us all on our toes and make sure and keep us competitive. =)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I agree completely. The way I think about it is, since we're so close, it's pretty much like we're even as far as past updates go and then for current updates the performance from the most recent ranking period is the "tiebreaker."

Of course this can change if someone starts pulling ahead or someone starts falling off.

MasterC

Smash Ace
^^yuppppppppp, get em!! i can't wait for May GC haha

also, C!Z, last shot at that $20 bro, you got this!?!?!

Chip.

you know what to do
I agree completely. The way I think about it is, since we're so close, it's pretty much like we're even as far as past updates go and then for current updates the performance from the most recent ranking period is the "tiebreaker."

Of course this can change if someone starts pulling ahead or someone starts falling off.
Hey don't forget about me <_^_~_~_^_>

Jk, i don't really care about pr. Just as long as i'm seeded fairly lol

Hey I just wanted to make this post about PRs. I wanted to do it when It was first updated but never got around to it.

Basically last update, Ciz went above me because he did well during that ranking period. (From December - Feb). The wins and losses before that weren't really taken into account. That was fine by me as long as we stick to this kind of system for the rest of the updates.

I'm only talking about 4/5/6 by the way. Us three are close enough in skill level to where I think spots should be determined by only that ranking period.

It'll keep us all on our toes and make sure and keep us competitive. =)
you guys will not be ranked fresh each period just because you guys are close.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Let's update this. It's been a good while, Teddy & Toph agreed.
Two GC's, A Canada tourney, Manifest, Tuk House tourney. Plenty of material to go off of.

Otto, that method seems the most fair for 4/5/6. If you think about it, Ciz went above me because he did better than me for one ranking period. The 2 before that I was solidly doing better, even getting wins on Shane and not losing to Ciz for a good while. (It's not relevant now, but I'm only mentioning it because of how the rankings worked for the last update. Let's be consistent)

Here's my input for this ranking period.
1/2/3 stays the same basically.

I think Toph and Ciz should switch spots and I stay number 5.
Notable wins and losses for each of us (as I can recall)

Toph -
1 win, 1 loss vs Me.
Beat Ciz at tukhouse
Beat Scar
Beat Shoyo
1-1 with Teddy (I believe)
Win off of Otto (maybe not relevant, given Otto's controller but he did beat Ciz and I still.. so it's worth a mention)

Vish -
1-1 with Toph
1-1 with Diakonos.
Beat Sion
Beat Meta, Dieslow
Lost to Otto's Sheik
Lost to Teddy

For Ciz, I actually don't know any notable wins for this ranking period. He's been pretty mellow, not really losing to bad players but not really shining much either
=> Notable losses include J666, Meta and a loss on Toph. I believe he lost to Teddy at Tukhouse too.

Given these results I would put the current rankings as

1: Otto
2: Teddy
3: Shane
4: Toph
5: Vish
6: C!Z
7: Chip
8: Mr. Ganondorf
9: T-Iceman
10: Kaostar/B-mello/Banana

7th/8th is very close between Chip and Mr. Ganondorf. Chip did beat Lovage and has generally done well against the PR members above him. The same can be said about Mr. Ganondorf, but given Chip's win on Lovage I'd tip the edge slightly in his favor.

9th for Evan seems pretty solid. He is a bit better than the guys below him and once in a while goes close with people above him.
10th is the only one that is uncertain to me, those 3 are close and exchange sets with each other.

i would say jess should get the 10th spot. after he got on the rankings he continued to hold it down at the tourneys he entered aside from manifest where he forfeit

and tophs win on me shouldnt count for ****, just saying lol. i feel i would have ***** him if i had my controller the way i was playing.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I don't think Andy should be taken off the PR for missing one tournament (esp. if Iceman isn't), so I'd personally go with 8. Brandandorf, 9. The Prime, 10. Iceman. I mean, sometimes that laundry just piles up. :/

Besides, Andy did pretty well at Manifest and beat Foos, Syler and Mattdotzeb and I kind of don't think any of the other people in consideration for the 10th spot would have done the same. Especially mattdotzeb, that dude is pretty good.

Btw regarding me vs. Ciz, the Tuk House set was 2 sets ago. I beat him at Tuk House, lost at March GC, and beat him at March Best Bout.

I think I'm dead even with Vish in sets. Went 1-1 at Tuk House, lost to Vish in Canada, won at May GC.

So with all this in mind I'd say

1. Silent Wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. me
5. Vish
6. Ciz
7. Chip
8. Brandandorf
9. The Prime
10. Iceman

idk if i agree with brandan above andy. unless theres hardcore evidence that brandan should be above him i dont think he should. andys held down that spot for a while. i know he at least beat meta at the last canada tourney, who beat ciz. and he beat mattdotzeb who is good.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Come to think, I'm not really in favor of it one way or the other, but what do you guys think about 6. Chip, 7. Ciz? Ciz is able to come to more of our tournaments but results are more in Chip's favor since Chip did beat both J666 and Lovage who Ciz lost to. Then again Ciz beat Otto, who beat Chip pretty bad the last time they played, though that was a while ago I think. Idk could go either way.

Top Bottom