• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

unityole

Smash Lord
if the PR is already updated, its kinda late to say or argue whos above someone else until the next update.

otto you got your passport yet??

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
stefan and andreas might be better than toph
dunno what this is about

but vish can attest to me being 2nd best in UW

it's definitely close though, stefan and andreas adapt really well and keep up with me and Vish hella good

o.o

edit: otto, if you're just trying to talk **** on me to make me come over tomorrow, XD I'M ALREADY COMING OVER sheesh and I also don't really have any HW so I'll probably try to leave early afternoonish

unityole

Smash Lord
i dont. when is the may tourney again?
theres a big tourney April 3rd and 4th with like 40 melee players.. WA better come to it this time and no passport johns. the May tourney is May 16th i think?

the tournament in April will be big because we got 5-6 islanders, 10 northern bc smashers, 3-4 alberta smashers as well as 20 local smashers, you add that up we got about 40 (40 MELEERs not including WA) thus WA should make it. I already talked to Toph and Paff and I would like to see them here again.

like I mentioned before I would provide some gas money, and I wouldnt doubt in the least Ammon, Otto, Shane or Ted getting top 5 at our BC tournament, I'm just trying to create chances and have smash games float between cities.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Toph ur tight and have gotten alot better.

This is just my opinion, but I dont think you are better than stefan. He is also more consistent. If Vish thinks you are tho, Id be curious in his reasoning.

You do both have falconesque jackets tho.

im just messing with you toph lol, i think youre better than both of them. and yes that was my plan >.>;

kline, what do you mean by more consistent?

pandacheck

Smash Ace
stefan and andreas i'm sure dont really care about who's better, they dont go to tourneys but they **** still, tophs just better by tourney record, stefan could beat a noobking, toph couldn't

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Stefan plays at stefan level almost all of the time. He always plays seriously and is focused when he smashes. He makes alot less mistakes and more often than toph he plays closer to the top of his game. Less SDs and IMO he adjusts on the fly better. When stefan loses a match its generally because they other person played better. Stefan goes right for your throat, no bs, you should see how many ppl just look pissed off after playing stefan.

Idk Vish, what do you think? Stefan is def more consistent at missing tourneys but do you think Toph is honestly better?

I think Stefan is still very close to skill with Vish but Vish is probably a little better now.

Andreas I dont know how good he is because its hard to get a read because he plays like 7 characters and I dont know who is main is.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Stefan plays at stefan level almost all of the time. He always plays seriously and is focused when he smashes. He makes alot less mistakes and more often than toph he plays closer to the top of his game. Less SDs and IMO he adjusts on the fly better. When stefan loses a match its generally because they other person played better. Stefan goes right for your throat, no bs, you should see how many ppl just look pissed off after playing stefan.

Idk Vish, what do you think? Stefan is def more consistent at missing tourneys but do you think Toph is honestly better?

I think Stefan is still very close to skill with Vish but Vish is probably a little better now.

Andreas I dont know how good he is because its hard to get a read because he plays like 7 characters and I dont know who is main is.
To be quite honest, I only really choke in tourney occasionally when I get nervous. I bet Stefan would be perceived as "less consistent" if he actually went to tourneys. OF COURSE he's gonna seem consistent if he only plays in friendlies, where he obviously isn't gonna get nervous.

If I'm playing bad in friendlies it's probably cuz I'm like frustrated, or my mind isn't focused on the game.

Vish is noticeably (not significantly, but noticeably) better than anyone else from UW. I don't think there is any question that Vish is better than both me and Stefan.

Otto: LOLOL aight I figured :P

Edit: Also LOL at unityole's concept of smash games floating between cities. I picture a bunch of N64 cartridges and Melee discs like, floating in the sky traveling between Seattle and Vancouver.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yah vish ***** everyone under him. I think he's like as good as I am. That is when I'm not playing like ****.

Also, Isaiauuuuhhhhhhh!!!!

Also, Stefan over toph? Not sure as I haven't played Stefan in way too long. I remember him being decent fo sho. Also, toph continues to get better from what I've seen. Not sure how they'd stack up now. :/

Yah vish ***** everyone under him. I think he's like as good as I am. That is when I'm not playing like ****.

Also, Isaiauuuuhhhhhhh!!!!

Also, Stefan over toph? Not sure as I haven't played Stefan in way too long. I remember him being decent fo sho. Also, toph continues to get better from what I've seen. Not sure how they'd stack up now. :/
i dont think vish would **** rohins.

edit: or toph

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Yeah I really don't **** the people below me, but thanks Adam XD

$20 money match when I come to Canada, with commentary! Lets do it >=D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Did Deva enter? o.o I didn't see him play at all D:

Carlos you should enter so we could rank you, cuz I'm pretty sure you're at least better than Zeru. ...And you show up way more than Zeru... I'm pretty sure I've met Zeru at a smashfest/tournament a grand total of twice in my enter life...

I approve of the Vish vs Noobking with commentary MM, and would add that I'd also like to do one.

Also I want to commentate with Jack on Vish vs Noobking. :>>>>

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
i dont think vish would **** rohins.

edit: or toph
I dunno maybe I just haven't seen rohins when he's playing well. Also, I found Toph alot easier than Vish. Maybe Toph was just not playing his best though. My input has merit limited to how much i've played you guys that 10-day stretch when i was in washington, and one or two visits prior. :p

Yeah I really don't **** the people below me, but thanks Adam XD

$20 money match when I come to Canada, with commentary! Lets do it >=D
Sure, I will not go easy though. ;)

Carlos you should enter so we could rank you, cuz I'm pretty sure you're at least better than Zeru. ...And you show up way more than Zeru... I'm pretty sure I've met Zeru at a smashfest/tournament a grand total of twice in my enter life...

I approve of the Vish vs Noobking with commentary MM, and would add that I'd also like to do one.

Yes, sounds like so much ****. Are you guys coming in April? (tournament on 3rd/4th)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I also seem to be really inconsistent at fighting Falcon in general. o__O I'll have a really easy time of it sometimes and other times be completely butchered. Eh, whatever.

I'm definitely coming in April, with Vish and Paff (Vish HAS HIS PASSPORT AT HIS HOUSE now lol), and I hope other people will be able to come by then.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I also seem to be really inconsistent at fighting Falcon in general. o__O I'll have a really easy time of it sometimes and other times be completely butchered. Eh, whatever.

I'm definitely coming in April, with Vish and Paff (Vish HAS HIS PASSPORT AT HIS HOUSE now lol), and I hope other people will be able to come by then.
Lol @ the whole vish leaving his passport inside his house incident. what an amazing passport john that is. Sweet, BC is excited to see you guys again. Also excited to see how Vish does against our rank 6-10 players (which includes me, lul).

unityole

Smash Lord

im buying 2nd hand TVs, more tvs = more friendlies.

the tournament is 3 and half weeks away guys, GET PASSPORT!
shane otto ted ammon any updates on the passport?

smasher01

Smash Ace

I know im better than vista also. like for shur

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
im buying 2nd hand TVs, more tvs = more friendlies.

the tournament is 3 and half weeks away guys, GET PASSPORT!
shane otto ted ammon any updates on the passport?
Jack, you gotta talk to them directly to see what's going. They most likely won't notice your post in here or maybe even ignore it for all we know :dizzy:

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack, you gotta talk to them directly to see what's going. They most likely won't notice your post in here or maybe even ignore it for all we know :dizzy:
i got no other way of contacting them except posting here or pm them.
my cell phone doesnt let me do long distance call and i have no idea why, so i can't get to them.

edit: PASSPORT!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom