• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Smash is at my place Friday, I guess I better get my mom to let me have a big one if you guys are coming, PM me for address and whatnot.

Actually we're all going to Tori's house cause Ka cant do anything, but i think he'll be at toris.
so...pm him for address or w/e we start at like 8pm most of the time. you guys are more than welcome tho

woah, nate ninja posted

Wow, it'll be a big one then.
Dan, bring you and Mark and w/e. Jeff too.
Shane, first to 3 in a row Falco Fox mm? 2$? or 1$ w/e

Rickety

Peace and Love
I should visit Washington more, everyone was very kind to me and the others on the road trip :]

Are there any players in Des Moines, Washington? My family has errands to run there, and I am most likely going to to go during Spring Break and check it out. Anyone wanna play with me/show me how to get good? :]

Tori? Silent Wolf? Gimpy? Henry? anyone? :]

<3
rickety

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ammon for sure isn't gonna be there friday, and I'm not quite sure if I can make it...

Ammon, Silv and I were planning on going snowboarding...but if the fest has all digipen kids+Sssp coming, I can try to show. Its a tough decision as it is. T_T

Eggz

Smash Hero
You raise several good points there. I DO snowboard every week with all expenses paid...I dunno, I've never gone snowboarding before and I can take this chance to do it all for free.

If it wasn't such a random and big oppertunity, I would definitly choose the smashfest over anything else. Hanging out with you guys is way too fun. But Ammon/first time I get to do super expensive thing for free is looking more appealing right now...

****it. Host something sunday and I'm there. XD

Hows about the friday after GC you host something as well Nate or Otto? I like Otto's house because mable follows the "Ask and thou shalt recieve" rule, and we can play loud techno, and his mom is funny and clowns on niggz.

Man, I havn't stayed at Otto's in forever. T_T

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea my place would be way cool if not for my dad, but oh wells, its cool if youd rather snowboard shane, ill just hold another one the week after GC, i dont like to do big ones the night before GC cuz no one comes lol.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh emergency!!! So my ride isn't looking too good. The only person now that can drive to tori's doesn't know when he's getting back from a poker tournament (sometime around midnight he thinks). Sooo is there anyone that pick me up for tori's smash fest??

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
You guys should check out smashwiki.com

At the very least, ranked WA players should be in the 'smash community' section.

The login is the same as here.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Category:Smashers

Also, the podcast is pretty cool, especially if it catches on.

http://smashbrawl.com/2007/03/06/sm...g-and-evo2k-brawl-controllers-and-a-surprise/

Someone *coughEggzcough* should record themselves and send it to them. They said they'd air it. X-D

...almost tempting to see if they'd announce my tourney in case any WA smashers were listening...

I don't much like the wiki
its inaccurate with the pros and shiet.
im pretty sure fastfox isnt a ranked fox player, and im pretty sure simna's not pro.
i also dont know how to add myself so w/e.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL yeah. Basically anyone can go in and edit it, so someone probably just assumed I was a pro. I mean, come on. I've beat Gimpyfish guys. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Why would I send a video in? I'm pretty sure I'm like only 4th on the attractiveness WA PR, so it should be someone else. LOL

LoL yeah. Basically anyone can go in and edit it, so someone probably just assumed I was a pro. I mean, come on. I've beat Gimpyfish guys. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Why would I send a video in? I'm pretty sure I'm like only 4th on the attractiveness WA PR, so it should be someone else. LOL
XD wuts the attractiveness list then?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
So how does a newsletter for GC Tournaments get done by someone I dont even know?
How is GC Guy not involved in that?

--GC Guy

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
We took link off because we have no idea where he is at, smashers that dont come get taken off lol.

Edit: that was already said in first post, my bad.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ka-master is #2 now? Wow... I need to play him. I'll be in Washington in April... but out of range of everyone... Richland, anyone? ^_^

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...
Interesting.

My Thoughts (not that you asked, but I will give them anyway)

Blair vs Ka - One bad tournament for Blair prob shouldnt drop him (no slight to Ka because he is kicking ***) Blair has won every tounament at GC that he has shown up too unless Sas also showed up). At worst I would tie Ka and Blair at 2nd, but still prob give Blair the edge. Another tournament like this last one and thenI think there is real justifaction for the full move.

RC - While prob over all at around the right place in the rankings, attendance and wins are important... so he will (should be) very unstable in the rankings, since you will not have monthly turn outs... So I would expect that he drops a few places the next time he isnt around...and then jumps back up when he is... but I would expect twice the drop for 1/2 the jump based on past attendance history.

My thoughts as a casual outside.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Blair vs KA is a very tough decision indeed, we had people arguing both sides...

The justification is Blair missed 2 months ago and then showed up last month and said he doesnt really even play anymore and he didnt perform as well as would be expected from him, plus I would say Ka has been tied to Blair for awhile, I give Ka Fox vs luigi matchup johns when it comes to Ka's losses to blair, though those werent that heavy in my decision.

Some panelists were against it, but it seemed to be a majority thing, hopefully the decision was correct, but if it wasnt these are changed every month and blair could go back up, but Ka is just as dominate as him and has been for awhile.

Top Bottom