• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Miserable is Mark - the guys I usually hitch rides with.

EDIT: OKAY, i can't hold it in. What was the rationale in putting me behind Zeru again....hmmmm? I mean, I KNOW he's too good...but c'mon now.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I wish I could get a ride to gameclucks from someone.I'll ganon ditto gimpy If thats ok.

Only one rank though.
Dan, who all did you play at GC? I know you played me and Nate and Shane, but that's about it. Just to make sure.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Dan the main reason I myself put you below Zeru is you guys are way close, but he seems to have a much broader situational aspect of the game, where your game seems to be limited in some matchups/stages/DI, also keep in mind its not like he clearly takes the spot and whatnot, its pretty close, at least in my book, but Zeru performed well at the tourney and stuff and at this time seems better.

Lol Ka stop being too good <.<

Great matches vs. Sas, even though they were long and you were reading eachother too much. Of course he like reads everyone easily its not fair xD. (yes it is, but waaaaahhhh.)

Oh and what do you mean by "eh"? haha

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
lol thats funny because it pretty much does counter what I said, but I guess I need more convincing from Dan lol, ill have to keep an extra eye on you dan and mike next GC because i am rather confused on you guys right now, I just wish we had more gatherings, I'm seriously looking into holding biweeklies, its the where thats the problem.

If GC would just do it all would be well X.X but no apparently thats a bad thing, *disagrees hard*

Eggz

Smash Hero
Oh, btw, I'm looking at having people over on friday. I can for sure Mike and Gimpy, and Teddy and Nate as maybes. (Ammon too)

My dad would probably buy us foodz and ****.

I put Mike above Dan because normally, Mike gives me more trouble, and is more versatile. Dan's play style never changes, but Mike can adapt to various situations, whether it be counterpicking very well, or by switching up his character's style.

Dan or Mark.
If you're also wondering why Ben is ahead of Mark, it's because Ben does better vs others (Usually when I try and compare them), and Ben mainly loses to him because he has no Jigglypuff experience, so it makes him look really bad. =P

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'd like to think that could change. Mark is nicer than Ben. He's like Dan if he was 5 times cooler. OOOH BURN ON DAN. Jk I <3 you both.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha my new main is peach? wtf i haven't been practicing peach at all, but egg man cant be wrong! *instantly switches to peach*

*kills self multiple times by accidentally float canceling the 2nd jump*

awww crap, forget that.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I guess I understand your guys' rationale. It doesn't really matter too much to me where I am placed, but I would like it to seem accurate.

I am going less by playstyle / character versatility, etc and more by whom I have beaten recently and how high I have placed. (Isn't that how its supposed to be?)

I guess I didn't really understand (from a speculative standpoint) why I was placed lower because I have 2-0'd Zeru in the past two tournaments, and placed higher as well.

To answer your question, Silent, at this tourney I played Gonzales (I think), Eggz, Juce, Zeru, you, and Tori.

And of course, since these updates are monthly, I am to assume that they represent who has been playing well recently. (and consistently) But yeah...it's not like I'm offended or anything, just curious about what you guys were thinking behind your decision(s).

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Your statistics are correct dan, not to put you down at all, but maybe some of us were just thinking it had to be some sort of fluke or something... if you prove to us one more time, I cant see you going anywhere but up. It could be we all underestimate you due to your unorthodox masashi like skills, so once again, if you continue doing well you will move up =)

You are right about the tournament standings thing, I guess were just putting in deeper thought as well, and our thoughts could be misguiding, if that makes sense.... you play THAT weird.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
*i wanted to put him ahead of eggz....*
>_>
<_<
*runs*

Eggz has F-smash hax though. Certainly almost as confusing as Dan's Up-smash hax.

btw gimpy, we certainly need another peach main or something.....?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I wonder if anyone could give me a ride to gameclucks?I would be happy to do ditto matches with you guys:)

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
*i wanted to put him ahead of eggz....*
>_>
<_<
*runs*

Eggz has F-smash hax though. Certainly almost as confusing as Dan's Up-smash hax.

btw gimpy, we certainly need another peach main or something.....?

Bwahaha, Eggz wants revenge...badly. He can taste it.

Watch - we wont even fight next gameclucks :laugh:

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Hopefully we will switch to discussion instead of voting next time around, I feel we will be much more accurate and it will be more widely agreed upon by the state as a whole.

SoCal already does this and they apparently have a tough time doing it, but voting can lead to some iffy results, especially with the points.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Right on. But can no one complain when people disagree? Thats what we originally tried, but all you guys were like "I'm a pacifist tree hugger, I don't wanna debate."

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
people are worried about everyone being angy at everything, if we can have an actual discussion it shouldn't be anything personal, if we can all agree to just HAVE A DISCUSSION i think things would be fine. I love discussing this stuff, its one of my favorite things to do haha, discussing it all ftw.

we'd have to agree to actually TELL PEOPLE if we disagree with rankings, yeah, crazy huh?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Yeah RedYoshi, I'll be sure to drive to spokane and pick you up and drive you back again. No prob.
thank you very much eggz your awesome,I live on 3423 w.Dalke ave near westview elementary.I don't go to that school though.

edit:what saturday will you be picking me up?

Top Bottom