• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] DI Another Day - Perth's first national major!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
What an event! I saw some amazing stuff this weekend, so thanks to all who attended. Especially all the interstate guys. Perth is pretty far out of the way, so we certainly appreciate the effort! Unfortunately I only got to meet a few of you, but hopefully if I'll get to say hi if I ever fly out for other majors in the eastern states. At the very least, I'm giving consideration to heading to BAM next year (if I 'git gud'), or maybe even PAX.

Got to see some amazing matches - I didn't see much of the Melee and PM play since I was living in the Eng Pavilion, but the finals were pretty hype. As for Sm4sh, M's Palutena has inspired me to pick her up again, and I'm still amazed by @thepoppt1's performance. You were the hero we needed. Never again will I hear a crowd cheer so loudly for Ness' bthrow.

Similar to Will, I'm disappointed about how narrowly I didn't break out of pools, but I went decently in Sm4sh Doubles and seeing all the other intense games going on made up for it. I've certainly got a way to go before I can compete with the best of the best, some of you guys are so skilled. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little jealous :laugh:

Shoutouts to the organisers and my fellow TOs. The whole thing didn't fall to pieces and actually ran pretty smoothly (most of the time, anyway). Congratulations to all involved, can't wait for the next one!

ThereisnoLion

Smash Rookie
Not really familiar with shoutout etiquette, but here goes.

Huge shoutouts to Karu. You were one of the first guys I remember meeting in the Smash community, and you terrified me.

Also Elka, for teaching me almost everything I know about down smash, etc. I never realised how useful the C-stick was. This is sincere, not sarcastic.

Mega shoutouts to BDawG. Thanks for putting up with me being a dodgy and salty team-killer in PM doubles.

Possibly most importantly, in my opinion, anyone who helped the tournament run as well as it did deserves a shoutout. I know there were some kinda frustrating hold ups, but I think the important thing is that Perth ran a major, and it's only gonna make us better at running tournaments. Sundowns, DW | Chappos and Curtin Smash's Bearfist, you guys did a great job.

Looking forward to the next one, with even more annoying Vocaloid tunes. Many thanks for letting me have that on stream. Hope it was not too bad for viewers. Honestly, I was not quite happy with the level of polish of the song, but it was still amazing to get my first complete Vocaloid project playing in the venue.

Top Bottom