• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

w00t my lvl 9 CPUs can Illusion Cancel

Foshy

Smash Apprentice
If i fight against Lvl 9 Fox, Falco or Wolf, they often Illusion Cancel, which isn't strange because i heard that Lvl 9 CPUs sometimes copy your button inputs.

The funny thing about it is that i suck at pulling this AT off <_<

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
My lvl 9 CPU(it was an Ike -_-) grabbed the ledge and edge guarded me, then fast fell off to footstool me when I was already falling to my death.

null55

Smash Master
A level 9 Falco CGed me into an AAA and a reflector.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
It's crazy what they can do sometimes. I get the first two attacks of Marth's Dancing Blade perfect shielded and then get punished all the time. Oh, and they'll perfect shield Dolphin Slash as well (which comes out in 5 frames).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's crazy what they can do sometimes. I get the first two attacks of Marth's Dancing Blade perfect shielded and then get punished all the time. Oh, and they'll perfect shield Dolphin Slash as well (which comes out in 5 frames).
I hope you aren't suprised by this, fighting computers is like fighting the Wii system itself, it CAN read ALL your input commands and will react accordingly. Look at it this way if you want to as well, you're a human, battling it out with a computer, no matter how fast you can react, it can pick up on all your moves.

I love and hate CPUs.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Yeah I've noticed this too. But I'm sure that it doesn't have anything to do with coppying your button imputs because I never play Falco, and I certainly never showed them how to do this.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
I hope you aren't suprised by this, fighting computers is like fighting the Wii system itself, it CAN read ALL your input commands and will react accordingly. Look at it this way if you want to as well, you're a human, battling it out with a computer, no matter how fast you can react, it can pick up on all your moves.

I love and hate CPUs.
I'm not really surprised, but just a little annoyed at quite how good their timing is. I'm just glad that they didn't take it to the next level, where they would literally perfect shield everything and space perfectly. Maybe something like an Ultimate CPU in Smash 4?

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
Yeah, they have immaculate timing, but the fact that they're still easy to beat proves that human's ability to think is broken tier.

null55

Smash Master
Either way, I hope you're not practicing on CPUs. They can predict random moves (because they can read button inputs and they are also programmed to do certain things when your in a certain position, like shield or counter), but ironically, they can't predict and adapt to something that you'll do repetitively because they aren't humans. So, if you practice on a CPU, you'll never, ever learn how to approach correctly, which is an extremely important aspect of the game...

RevoCrisix

Smash Rookie
Hah, one of the most awesome edgeguards I've ever seen was one performed on me by a computer.

It was pretty soon after the game came out, I was playing around with Lucas vs a lvl9 Wolf. Wolf hit me offstage, and I used up-b and began circling it around myself to hit myself back to the stage. The wolf jumped out into my character model (so that the models were overlapping) and used his reflector so that it covered both of us. My pk thunder was knocked away, I fell to my death, and the wolf jumped back onto the stage. Probably what happened is that he jumped out to hit me but the computer responded to the pk thunder with his reflector, but **** me if that didn't seem like something only a human could pull off.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
i confuse the hell out of the cpus when i mortarslide, get behind them, and fsmash em away :)

J4pu

Smash Champion
I want to see a computer mortar slide, can't wait for it to eventually happen
I've seen a youtube vid of a computer doing Samus's SWD in melee, I had to watch it multiple times, it was awesome.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Anyone got vids of CPU's doing some advanced techs? Some of my friends don't believe they'll mimic you sometimes.

Top Bottom