• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vyse Grip - A Diddy Kong Combo Video (Find the easter egg lol)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Really good Vyse, it's probably the best diddy combo video out. I liked the variety of stages: jungle japes, castle seige, frigate orpheon, delfino, nice mix. I like the double spikes as well, very good quality.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1st to see the video. Fantastic video Vyse.

You Got Banana'd On? Stole my phrase.... well kinda lolz, I lykd how you made Marth put down the controller lolz. BananaMan FTW :)

-advent-
lol, that was indeed in direct reference to you :laugh:

Speaking of which - You Got Nutted On
"More people need to watch this" - Vyse

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I just realised that I probably won't be able to get a youtube video up til really really late America Time. I forgot to bring the video with to upload at work -_-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
lol, that was indeed in direct reference to you :laugh:

Speaking of which - You Got Nutted On
"More people need to watch this" - Vyse
You know whats funny, the phrase "You Got Nutted On" is starting to catch on. I'm slowly hearing a lot of smashers starting to use it for Diddy Kong and even other characters too lolz :p

Thanks for all the promotion on my combo video but out of curiosity why do you want more people to see my video? I think yours is pretty good too.

Oh yea and you guys can just click the "Lambchops Apprentice" in my sig to go directly to my combo video. Its sort of like a secret link lolz.

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You know whats funny, the phrase "You Got Nutted On" is starting to catch on. I'm slowly hearing a lot of smashers starting to use it for Diddy Kong and even other characters too lolz :p

Thanks for all the promotion on my combo video but out of curiosity why do you want more people to see my video? I think yours is pretty good too.

Oh yea and you guys can just click the "Lambchops Apprentice" in my sig to go directly to my combo video. Its sort of like a secret link lolz.

-advent-
Just because us Diddy's have to stick together.
And just because "More people need to watch this" lol.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
cuz like i said before yu da best/smartest diddy out there
and it makes sense for u to have a diddy apprentice becuz of dat..

plus i kno one goddamm thing.. i aint never finna lose to another diddy jus cuz dey all easy compared to u

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
cuz like i said before yu da best/smartest diddy out there
and it makes sense for u to have a diddy apprentice becuz of dat..

plus i kno one goddamm thing.. i aint never finna lose to another diddy jus cuz dey all easy compared to u
Falco is getting easier too, and if you lose to another Diddy I'll be disappointed lolz. Allen is the closets thing I have to a Diddy apprentice, but my style is too unique to teach.

Any ways I still think that Diddy has a lot more potential than I am using, so we gotta play more and see what else we can figure out.

-advent-

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
negative.. allen's diddy is careless and its a joke to play against..

diddy is gettin easier too.. if findin ways to deal wit his monkey bizness

but at da same time my falco is gettin better.. dnt make me surpass u lol

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
negative.. allen's diddy is careless and its a joke to play against..

diddy is gettin easier too.. if findin ways to deal wit his monkey bizness

but at da same time my falco is gettin better.. dnt make me surpass u lol
Allen, Tedo, You, and Me are all getting better.

And surpassing me is not that hard for right now at least. I am just starting to apply everything that I know. So catching up to me shouldn't be too hard, especially since your a smart player.

:monkey:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I edited the first post with the song names.
I put in the first song in the credits without spaces or anything lolz.

Lift me up is a wicked techno track, the selection I used was like a 2 minute portion of a 63 minute song.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks for uploading that YouTube stream. I tried on three different occasions to download the RapidShare file, but it never went any faster than 10 KB/s and timed out all three times.

Your tilt spacing has improved a lot since the last time we talked shop. I like the incorporation of the pseudo-jab-canceling. It goes a long way in broadening Diddy's mix-up game on the ground, which can tend to gravitate towards being two-dimensional in the hands of lesser players. I'm glad people are starting to listen (or realize on their own) to the repeated importance behind saving your F- and D-smashes, too. Glide-tossing, grabbing, and tilt attacks ought to comprise the majority of your offense, while the both of these smashes ought to be saved exclusively for KOing.

I did mark down a notable absence of F-tilting and (my new favorite move) N-airing, though. =)

The video editing is top-notch, engaging, and consistently enjoyable throughout. I might have to contract your services for a future combo video endeavor here very soon.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Awesome combovid vyse! I like the music, the gameplay/combos and the editing :)

I really enjoyed watching the Link getting dthrown all the time and the clips where it always changed the color. Really nice and very well done!

pastaboy

Smash Champion
overall a kick as combo video, good music, good editing, good clips. And i perticularly loved that peanut gun cancle to glide toss trixy u did to falco. Iv been doing that a hell of alot more and it works wonders. For some reason people are afraid of the peanuts, which is why they r so deadly.

Count

Smash Champion
overall a kick as combo video, good music, good editing, good clips. And i perticularly loved that peanut gun cancle to glide toss trixy u did to falco. Iv been doing that a hell of alot more and it works wonders. For some reason people are afraid of the peanuts, which is why they r so deadly.
QFT

That is one thing that I really took away from this combo vid, to use the peanut gun cancel more.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks for all the comments guys :)
I've got something special for ya's.

There's an easter egg inside the video. A single image on a single frame that goes by so quickly you hardly notice it.

Hint:
It's between the end of the intro and the start of the first combo clip

Top Bottom