• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs R.O.B, the wierd cameo guy

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Anyone try this one out? I rarely play so I dunno what it's like lol.

Honestly my guess is that this could be one of Falcon's better matchups.

Now here's what's going for R.O.B.

+Projectiles
+Recovery
+range/priority
+weight....I think
+WoP ledgeguarding

Now here is what is going against R.O.B.

-Very bad at dealing with things below him.
-poor damage output
-very bad at directly scoring kills

If I know anything, your U-tilt might actually outprioritize R.O.B's N-air or D-air because he sucks that much at dealing with things below him. If you can get R.O.B. above you, U-airing him will put a lot of pressure on him. Now the only problem is that he's kinda hard to kill because he's sorta heavy and has really good recovery.

HOWEVER, R.O.B. can't kill **** unless he ledgeguards you. Unfortunately he's good at that, so basically you have to aggressively recover before he gets off the stage and F-airs you to oblivion. However the good news is at least your Falcon Dive gets a ****load of distance so this is harder for R.O.B. to do to Falcon. Better yet if you counterpick something like Delphino that will hurt him like hell.

If you don't believe why I think this matchup might actually be ok, watch this Mario own the crap out of R.O.B. Count those U-airs gogogo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPmLrJrVlgc

Iwan

Smash Ace
R.O.B has so much priority, but really I've recently enjoyed this matchup.

Why?

R.O.B spends so much **** time in the air, above you using Nairs, Bairs...etc. Thing is, Falcon's up air is so quick you can catch a R.O.B player off guard with these things quite frequently. The situational Up b move comes in handy during this match too, since R.O.B is above you a fair amount more than a lot of other matchups.

One thing to look out for is the side step>>dsmash by R.O.B. Just like Pikachu's...that **** can get pretty annoying. You can't spot dodge it, and blocking it will **** up your shield. Once R.O.B lands on the ground against falcon, Nairs destroy him (again: de-stroy-him), and landing the knee on R.O.B (I find), is way easier because he's pretty bulky.

And dont bother going for the dair spike : /....that **** recovery...

^That's what i got :p.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
really really bad falcon match up. though im looking someone that play as him so i can train. he is harder than marth mk & peach IMO

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
really really bad falcon match up. though im looking someone that play as him so i can train. he is harder than marth mk & peach IMO
Explain.

IMO R.O.B. is possibly the worst character at dealing with what's below him, which is where Falcon has just a few advantages.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But Falcon has like no good matchups because of that. I'm looking for matchups that somehow suck less than others. I think this could be one of such lol.

ROB has projectiles, but doesn't really camp that well with them since they take charging. His priority isn't disjointed for the most part so it isn't as bad as Marth persay. Also while he excells at lesgeguarding, Falcon can usually survive getting F-air walled because Falcon dive gets good distance, and furthermore ROB doesn't have very good kill or damage options. So basically Falcon can stick around a while, and if ROB ends up above Falcon he'll be in a position to be harassed.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
R.O.B. is not a bad matchup. Seriously. There were a lot of R.O.B.s at the tourney I just attended, and honesty even though all of them were good, I was not below any of them. R.O.B. is hard to edgeguard because of his little projectile thing that he throws, but other than that there's nothing really hard about facing him. His killing aerials are slow and predictable, and his Fsmash is also somewhat slow and has not very good range. Otherwise he can't kill you. So really he has almost as bad of killing options as Falcon. His A combo is bad compared to other characters, and his B moves are pretty bad. All that said, he can be hard to kill since his recovery is so ridiculous. And Spot Dodge -> Dsmash is brutal with him. In the end, R.O.B. is probably the easiest character likely to end up high tier or higher.

Top Bottom